Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 283 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 18.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too shabby for a backline primarily composed of failed forwards (Jones, Lobb, Khamis, Dale etc).
Dogs forwards have spent so many years spoiling each other going for the same mark, it's trained them all to be pretty good defenders.

"Just do what you to do to your own teammate in the forward line, but this time do it down back"

Dogs finish the home and away season with the least points scored against of any team. Good work by Bevo in that area this year.
If someone told me this time last year, that we would be number one for points against in 2024. I would have laughed. Not even a plumber could fix how leaky we were. Credit to the coaches and players for recognizing the need to improve there.

He’s a decent coach for sure. 1 premiership and 1 runners up
With many finals appearances in it also

However the question is why can’t he be a consistent H&A season coach and make top4 ?

He's as mad as a hatter, touched by genius, frustrating, innovative, stubborn, foolish, sensitive, petty, brilliant, independent, did I mention he's a coaching genius?

It's terrific the Dogs have stuck with him, I reckon he adds great colour and variety to the coaching landscape.

If he snags his 2nd flag, that will just be further confirmation of how good this bloke is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew it.

1725633718669.png

Imagine dominating the second half of the year with your triple threat forward line ripping teams apart and going into a cutthroat elimination final with one on the bench.

Also playing the player in the comp at CHF when your team cannot for their life win it out of the middle.

Bulldogs won the flag in 2016 from a long way back

Fair play. Well done.

But that's 9 years ago.

All I've heard ever since is how "talented" they are and they "should" win a flag.

Yet most of their side are no name VFL hacks.

This is a side that somehow have the media speaking absolute garbage.

I knew it.

View attachment 2103331

Imagine dominating the second half of the year with your triple threat forward line ripping teams apart and going into a cutthroat elimination final with one on the bench.

Also playing the player in the comp at CHF when your team cannot for their life win it out of the middle.
They didn't "dominate". They finished 6th.

Hard for me to see their season as a failure, exactly.

Ran into the competition's in-form team in an Elimination Final and just didn't produce their best footy.

Can happen, unfortunately.

Lots of angst at the Kennel this season; at times it has felt like one step forward, two steps back.

And Beveridge has been at his opaque, obtuse best/worst, with well-established players falling out favour and a generally beleaguered demeanour further fueling fan frustrations.

I don't think Beveridge is going anywhere, but he has a lot to consider if he is going to take the bulk of this list into 2025.

They're saddled with English so they really need to work out how best to utilize him asap. He is not in any way shape or form a vigorous player. He doesn't often even actually get first hands to the ball in the ruck duels. But he is capable of playing good football; he killed Geelong in the final H&A game of 2023.
He can play, but he has some weaknesses that need to be minimized. Beveridge needs to get creative with English; I think the coach is capable of devising something a bit different, and he needs to do just that.

Their forward line always looks threatening, but Beveridge needs to decide whether 3 KFs into 1 F50 really checks out.

He has been consistently opposed to the prospect of Aaron Naughton going back, but with Alex Keath on the outer and Liam Jones turning 34 before the '25 season commences (and Naughton himself on a long term contract - he ain't going anywhere either) then the Coach might need to concede for once that it is an experiment worth exploring, at least for a block of games.

Their midfield has been a strength for a while now, but this year they looked a little thin when Tom Liberatore was struggling with concussions and other assorted maladies.
Adam Treloar had a stellar season, but Jack Macrae dropped off.
Marcus Bontempelli unfurled his trademark class and versatility, but he needs at least one other player to really share the load with him. Liberatore has filled that role admirably in recent years, but they need another genuine leader or two to step up.

Club champion Jason Johannisen should weigh up his options imo.
He'll only be 32 by the time the '25 season rolls around, but he's been on the periphery of this team for ages. Norm Smith medal ensure his footballing immortality though.
Taylor Durea will be 34 at the start of the '25 season, if he decides to go on again.

Liam Jones, Alex Keath; they're not getting any younger. I'm a little shocked to see Ryan Gardner still on an AFL list.

Moving forward, Ed Richards took another step forward and should continue to have a slow-burn career. I reckon he'd walk into any team in the comp. Got a bit of prime Mitch Duncan about him.

Rory Lobb's last-ditch revival salvaged a contractual committment that had at times looked questionable.

I thought Rhylee West gave their F50 a different dimension at times.

Personally I think stability would be preferable for the Bulldogs for now. People ask how much grace Luke Beveridge gets for the 2016 Flag; I reckon it's a pretty long tenure.

At their best they can match it with anyone.

Absolutely clueless, for mine - thinks he is the magnet whisperer. Has been dining out on 2016 heroics for years.

Personally Id thank him for his services, and show him the door come Monday morning, but I bet they wont. Most in the media seem to love him, as does Bont, so I imagine he is likely safe.

Victoria's version of Ken Hinkley.

Hard for me to see their season as a failure, exactly.

Ran into the competition's in-form team in an Elimination Final and just didn't produce their best footy.

Can happen, unfortunately.

Lots of angst at the Kennel this season; at times it has felt like one step forward, two steps back.

And Beveridge has been at his opaque, obtuse best/worst, with well-established players falling out favour and a generally beleaguered demeanour further fueling fan frustrations.

I don't think Beveridge is going anywhere, but he has a lot to consider if he is going to take the bulk of this list into 2025.

They're saddled with English so they really need to work out how best to utilize him asap. He is not in any way shape or form a vigorous player. He doesn't often even actually get first hands to the ball in the ruck duels. But he is capable of playing good football; he killed Geelong in the final H&A game of 2023.
He can play, but he has some weaknesses that need to be minimized. Beveridge needs to get creative with English; I think the coach is capable of devising something a bit different, and he needs to do just that.

Their forward line always looks threatening, but Beveridge needs to decide whether 3 KFs into 1 F50 really checks out.

He has been consistently opposed to the prospect of Aaron Naughton going back, but with Alex Keath on the outer and Liam Jones turning 34 before the '25 season commences (and Naughton himself on a long term contract - he ain't going anywhere either) then the Coach might need to concede for once that it is an experiment worth exploring, at least for a block of games.

Their midfield has been a strength for a while now, but this year they looked a little thin when Tom Liberatore was struggling with concussions and other assorted maladies.
Adam Treloar had a stellar season, but Jack Macrae dropped off.
Marcus Bontempelli unfurled his trademark class and versatility, but he needs at least one other player to really share the load with him. Liberatore has filled that role admirably in recent years, but they need another genuine leader or two to step up.

Club champion Jason Johannisen should weigh up his options imo.
He'll only be 32 by the time the '25 season rolls around, but he's been on the periphery of this team for ages. Norm Smith medal ensure his footballing immortality though.
Taylor Durea will be 34 at the start of the '25 season, if he decides to go on again.

Liam Jones, Alex Keath; they're not getting any younger. I'm a little shocked to see Ryan Gardner still on an AFL list.

Moving forward, Ed Richards took another step forward and should continue to have a slow-burn career. I reckon he'd walk into any team in the comp. Got a bit of prime Mitch Duncan about him.

Rory Lobb's last-ditch revival salvaged a contractual committment that had at times looked questionable.

I thought Rhylee West gave their F50 a different dimension at times.

Personally I think stability would be preferable for the Bulldogs for now. People ask how much grace Luke Beveridge gets for the 2016 Flag; I reckon it's a pretty long tenure.

At their best they can match it with anyone.
What was the point of this post? Are you his manager?

What was the point of this post? Are you his manager?

Whose?
Luke Beveridges?
Yes, I am his manager.

I mean; look at the thread title - the point of the post was to address whether Luke Beveridge's time is up, and where the Dogs are at.

You don't want to discuss those issues? Just prefer to critique other posters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Back