Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 283 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 18.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All you need to day about Melbourne is pick 2 for James Frawley 🤪

Melbourne was rewarded for admitted tanking and the AFL looked the other way.

You have no right to bitch and moan
Frawley was a good player. a bit different to getting a player for free. If you lost a good player to get Ugle-Hagan then that would've been ok. but clearly you're just deflecting from the dogs by focussing on Melb. The AFL literally changed the rules because they recognised the dogs were given too much of an advantage. lol Come on now.

Frawley was a good player. a bit different to getting a player for free. If you lost a good player to get Ugle-Hagan then that would've been ok. but clearly you're just deflecting from the dogs by focussing on Melb. The AFL literally changed the rules because they recognised the dogs were given too much of an advantage. lol Come on now.
A player for free you say, ignoring the (discounted) draft points that the Dogs had to give up to bid match? Not like the additional first round pick Melbourne received for Tom Scully compared to what the Bulldogs got for Callan Ward, which was actually free.

You love to bitch and moan about anything which has assisted the Bulldogs whilst insisting that Melbourne have never been given any leg ups.

No I'm responding to you because you're being a hypocrite.

Melbourne was given a huge legup because they were a basketcase for years ... peter Jackson, Paul Roos, AFL looking the other way despite admitting tanking, pick 2 for Frawley isn't quite as bad as pick 3 for McKay but it's not far off.

They got pick 2 because they were a basket case and thr AFL wanted to prop them up

Only you could think otherwise, take your blinkers off

A player for free you say? Like the additional first round pick Melbourne received for Tom Scully compared to what the Bulldogs got for Callan Ward? You love to bitch and moan about anything which has assisted the Bulldogs whilst insisting that Melbourne have never been given any leg ups.
Scully was widely regarded as more valuable than Callan Ward at the time. Number 1 pick and had a great opening season. He was always going to fetch more. That's why he got paid more also.

All of your examples involve times when melbourne got compensation for either poor performances over a full season or losing players like Frawley and Scully. Tell me when we got a pick number 1 for free and a top 2 prospect like Sam Darcy for free? Never happened in my lifetime. Not even close. Not only did it not happen, we had it taken away from us (Mac Andrew). We win last years flag with Mac Andrew.

Anyway this is going in circles. Every knows on this forum I'm a hater of the father/son and nga rule. I'd be scrapping them altogether if we cared about integrity of the comp. The reality is, the dogs have been blessed with so many players from good father/son luck and been given the bumper 1 draft pick for free under the NGA. And it hasn't reflected in performance. That's on Bevo.

I'm gonna 'zag' and say that the Dogs are actually over achieving under Bevo.

To have the #1 defence on the comp on the back of RORY LOBB at CHB is nothing short of a miracle.

The biggest issues the dogs have is depth in the midfield (It's Bont, Libba and Treloar followed by not much of anything) and working out how to balance JUH, Darcy and Naughton up forward.

If the Dogs are thinking about parting ways with him then the Eagles and Crows should be on the phone to his manager ASAP. Melbourne too but I'm not sure they can part ways with Goodwin without fracturing the playing group.

Scully was widely regarded as more valuable than Callan Ward at the time. Number 1 pick and had a great opening season. He was always going to fetch more. That's why he got paid more also.

All of your examples involve times when melbourne got compensation for either poor performances over a full season or losing players like Frawley and Scully. Tell me when we got a pick number 1 for free and a top 2 prospect like Sam Darcy for free? Never happened in my lifetime. Not even close. Not only did it not happen, we had it taken away from us (Mac Andrew). We win last years flag with Mac Andrew.

Anyway this is going in circles. Every knows on this forum I'm a hater of the father/son and nga rule. I'd be scrapping them altogether if we cared about integrity of the comp. The reality is, the dogs have been blessed with so many players from good father/son luck and been given the bumper 1 draft pick for free under the NGA. And it hasn't reflected in performance. That's on Bevo.
Ugle-Hagan and Darcy were not for free. Cheaper than normal, yes, but not free.

You keep missing this point.

Ugle-Hagan and Darcy were not for free. Cheaper than normal, yes, but not free.

You keep missing this point.
didn't you package up a bunch of junk picks like clubs always do?

So not only did the AFL wait until after you'd gained Ugle-Hagan before changing the rules they also enabled you to use junk picks before changing the rules affecting other clubs more heavily because most other clubs didn't have prized recruits coming in.

But like you said, I'd need to see exactly what you gave up to get both Ugle-Hagan, Darcy and Croft.

didn't you package up a bunch of junk picks like clubs always do?

So not only did the AFL wait until after you'd gained Ugle-Hagan before changing the rules they also enabled you to use junk picks before changing the rules affecting other clubs more heavily because most other clubs didn't have prized recruits coming in.

But like you said, I'd need to see exactly what you gave up to get both Ugle-Hagan, Darcy and Croft.
The Bulldogs' first pick after Ugle-Hagan in 2020 was pick 55, and the first pick after Darcy in 2021 was pick 43. Where did the other picks in between go if those players were free? :think:

The Bulldogs' first pick after Ugle-Hagan in 2020 was pick 55, and the first pick after Darcy in 2021 was pick 43. Where did the other picks in between go if those players were free? :think:
What's the relevance of what picks you have afterwards? So you used picks 29,33, 41, 42, 52 and 54. The nerve to say that you didn't get him for free. lol.

Honestly, you're not doing yourself any favours. You got the number 1 pick, for next to nothing, then the AFL changed the rules because it was seen as grossly unfair further disadvantaging other clubs, none more than mine who missed out on Mac Andrew. So the least you guys could've done is made a dent in the finals with what you've got.

What's the relevance of what picks you have afterwards? So you used picks 29,33, 41, 42, 52 and 54. The nerve to say that you didn't get him for free. lol.

Honestly, you're not doing yourself any favours. You got the number 1 pick, for next to nothing, then the AFL changed the rules because it was seen as grossly unfair further disadvantaging other clubs, none more than mine who missed out on Mac Andrew. So the least you guys could've done is made a dent in the finals with what you've got.
And where did the first round picks go? Just vanish into thin air?

There is a genuine discussion to be had about the merits of the NGA/F-S system and the advantages it brings to teams who benefit from it. You are clearly incapable of having that discussion.

And where did the first round picks go? Just vanish into thin air?

There is a genuine discussion to be had about the merits of the NGA/F-S system and the advantages it brings to teams who benefit from it. You are clearly incapable of having that discussion.
There is no point arguing with an idiot. Apparently Melbourne would have won the flag with Mac Andrew last year 😂

This is an interesting article from a few year ago. Talks about how Brendan McCartney built the foundation for the Bulldogs’ success in 2016 by having a big focus on contested ball when he was there, while Beveridge came in and added to it by focusing on other aspects. Is it possible that McCartney made a stronger contribution than everyone thought?

Absolutely, deserves alot of credit for how we played in 15 and 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Back