Luke Hodge, Clarkson and Kennett

Remove this Banner Ad

Monkeyboy said:
Let them have Hodge over Judd.

My bet is history will show the players as poles apart. Judd will go down with Carey and Lethal as a top 3 ever. Multiple flags and brownlows.

Teenagers with zero first hand knowledge of football prior to 1996 should be disqualified from comment on these issues.

Matthews & Carey were both classes above Judd and almost certainly will remain so by the end of Judd's career.

Monkeyboy said:
Any Hawk who would prefer Hodge over Judd, is happy to not be or have the best. Simple as that.

Or perhaps they're happy to have the player with the better skills and the greater positional diversity, with the markedly reduced price tag providing a nice bonus.

Skooks said:
Chris Judd

2004, 2006 All-Australian
2004 Brownlow Medallist
2004 WCE Best and Fairest
2005 Norm Smith Medallist
2006 Premiership Captain

Meh,

the All-Australians are fine as is the WCE B &F.

The Brownlow is a joke, given how far behind Riewoldt & Tredrea he was that season and given the number of soft reputation votes he got to get him over the line. Hodge would have won it last year had he been given the same kid gloves treatment from the umpires.

The Norm Smith was also a joke, given that (in impact terms) he wasn't among the top handful of players on the padddock in the 2005 decider.

And its not as if there weren't any number of candidates that could have led them to that premiership.

Now, back to your rabbit hole, Westy-boy.

Also CK just to add to one of your arguments dont forget that it was cousins not judd that spoke to the players before the first bounce in the gf. You would of thought that the captain would have spoke to the players in the huddle. Judd is a leader no doubt but cousins is the real captiain of the WCE.

CyberKev said:
Teenagers with zero first hand knowledge of football prior to 1996 should be disqualified from comment on these issues.

Matthews & Carey were both classes above Judd and almost certainly will remain so by the end of Judd's career.

Or perhaps they're happy to have the player with the better skills and the greater positional diversity, with the markedly reduced price tag providing a nice bonus.

Incorrect Kevin. The Judd-man will be remembered as an all time great. Keep telling yourself that Lukey has more to offer and perhaps one day it will happen (Not!) He battles well. Hodgy, Chance and Vanders will serve you well over the coming years...:D :eek:

Firsly, Judd is a great player, no doubt about that. Done amazing amount for someone his age. I rate him extremely highly, and has speed to bur.n

But to support what CK is saying, just because of those awards, it doesn't automatically put him up there next to Mathews and Carey.

Judd is a fantastic player, the best midfielder in the comp currently, but that doesn't mean he isn't overated. Mostly overated means that Tarrant who gets much hype a little output. Judd gets loads of output, but still gets pumped up heaps. I agree Hodge's year last year was about equal to Judd's brownlow season, he didn't get one, but in a winning side would of had a real crack at the award. His form and injury this year has unfortuantely meant he has lost some of the gap he closed last season, beacuse he was right up there last year Hodgey.

To put some things in perspective Simon Black would of had very similar stats as Judd at similiar ages. But no one is chanting Simon Black is the equal of Leigh Mathews or Carey (that I have noticed anyway). Black had a norm smith, brownlow, and three premierships by around 23..... Yet no one says Boo about Simon Black, not much then, and even less now since he's struggled with injuries over the last few seasons.

Yet again you're wasting good material on a two-bit troll, Schreuders.

I concur with your comments, except for the 'Judd is the best midfielder in the comp' bit.

For mine, he's only the third best midfielder at West Coast.

I think at his best he is the best in the comp. Whether he is able to do that consistently I don't know.

His games where he gets mid 30 possessions and 3/4 goals are top games. But over the course of a season I probably agree.

I thought Scot West was burnt not to win the brownlow btw

cschreuder61 said:
I think at his best he is the best in the comp. Whether he is able to do that consistently I don't know.

His games where he gets mid 30 possessions and 3/4 goals are top games. But over the course of a season I probably agree.

I thought Scot West was burnt not to win the brownlow btw

Judd, is not the best in the comp.

There is one player that stands head and shoulders above Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Hall etc.

Jonathon Brown is an absolute matchwinner that can turn a game in a quarter.

Skooks said:
You're kidding youself, if you say in hindsight you would have taken Hodge at number 1 again. :rolleyes:
No doubt Judd has the runs on the board to say otherwise, but let's compare them when Hodge is actually playing in a semi decent side - it's a lot harder to weave your magic in a very poor side when there are 22 opposition players focusing only on the one player.

Judd has the luxury in that he plays alongside Kerr and Cousins, that alone makes his job a lot easier.

At the moment its;

Judd >>>>> Hodge, but considering the state of the team and his injuries, Hodge has done a fantastic job thus far.

I've never quite understood why we are the club that always cops this Judd tripe, wouldn't you be better off ribbing St.Kilda and Fremantle fans, who not only over looked Judd but picked up much poorer players then Hodge.

MHDKA said:
Judd, is not the best in the comp.

There is one player that stands head and shoulders above Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Hall etc.

Jonathon Brown is an absolute matchwinner that can turn a game in a quarter.
I was actually talking about best midfielders to be honest. I'd take a gun power forward over a midfield anyday.

Hawkk said:
No doubt Judd has the runs on the board to say otherwise, but let's compare them when Hodge is actually playing in a semi decent side - it's a lot harder to weave your magic in a very poor side when there are 22 opposition players focusing only on the one player.

Judd has the luxury in that he plays alongside Kerr and Cousins, that alone makes his job a lot easier.

At the moment its;

Judd >>>>> Hodge, but considering the state of the team and his injuries, Hodge has done a fantastic job thus far.

You make some pretty valid points here Hawkk.

Judd does have the luxury of being able to play his favorite position wheras Hodge has to play anywhere from full back to full forward to fill holes.

Further Hodge played with both hand and foot injuries this year. Last year when he was less injured he actually tied with Judd in the Brownlow & won the B&F.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge, Clarkson and Kennett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back