List Mgmt. Luke Jackson - Yay or Nay?

Do you want to pay the high price tag for Luke Jackson?

• YAY

• NAY

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was one of the dubious ones.

couldn't be happier to have been wrong.
Same here - i was more than dubious though, happy to be honest and say i've been just a flat out no, purely because of the high cost in draft picks we paid, the fact that LJ isnt yet a proven forward (purely all potential), and also the risk that this could cause us to lose Darcy.

I'm super happy to eat humble pie on this, but i dont think we've answered any questions yet. Until we have a sustained period of Jackson awesomeness, and have signed Darcy up for long term (without breaking the bank because he wants the same contract as LJ) then the jury is still out for me.

Last weekend was probably my favourite game i've seen him play in regards to his forward craft. Just need him to be be 1 grab clunking marks now. He's still 2 grabbing even uncontested marks but he's at least showing he can work as a forward which is great.

I'm sorry Luke Jackson, oh I am for real. Never meant to doubt that you would fly. I apologise a trillion times.

Same here - i was more than dubious though, happy to be honest and say i've been just a flat out no, purely because of the high cost in draft picks we paid, the fact that LJ isnt yet a proven forward (purely all potential), and also the risk that this could cause us to lose Darcy.

I'm super happy to eat humble pie on this, but i dont think we've answered any questions yet. Until we have a sustained period of Jackson awesomeness, and have signed Darcy up for long term (without breaking the bank because he wants the same contract as LJ) then the jury is still out for me.

Last weekend was probably my favourite game i've seen him play in regards to his forward craft. Just need him to be be 1 grab clunking marks now. He's still 2 grabbing even uncontested marks but he's at least showing he can work as a forward which is great.
According to the HS last week Darcy is already earning close to the same $$ as Jackson. So that shouldn’t be a major issue

Haha, have we flushed all 125 of you out yet with public apologies? Maybe the rest can lean into your trillion.
I honestly can't remember how I felt about the trade, other than a general wariness of giving up too much. Not even sure if I posted in this thread before the other day.

But the song popped into my head when reading it through, and now it's stuck.

The question is not do we want Jackson, but is he worth pick 5, 13 and 25.

Im still in the Nay camp, in 3 years time we would have been better with the draft picks. Not to mentioned I think we would have been a better side this year with Acres, Logue and Meek.

The issue was not bringing in Jackson, it was giving up the future first.

That was stupid.

We had the power and still paid way overs
Nah, he was always gonna cost us 2 first rounders. It's throwing the 2nd rounder in for no reason at all outside of getting the trade done a few days early before the trade deadline. Legit just a waste, was never needed.

Nah, he was always gonna cost us 2 first rounders. It's throwing the 2nd rounder in for no reason at all outside of getting the trade done a few days early before the trade deadline. Legit just a waste, was never needed.
Why?
So much risk for a young side.

1st last year, plus future 2nd plus North 2nd was more than enough.

Yep the second rounder thrown in was a truly wtf moment.
The fact that we’ve tanked it this year and going to hand over a top 5 pick is simply on the club and it’s coaching staff and bell for not replace Carr with an experienced assistant.
Speaking of bell **** knows how/where he’s got this reputation for being a tough negotiator because all I’ve seen from him at the trade table is some one who consistently bends over to any club not named Gold Coast….
And everyone bends them over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only have to look at when we had a half forward line of Walters, Schultz and Switta why we need Jacko even more and a couple more like him. We were so undersized today it was like little boys tacking adult men and they just pushed us around and bullied us around the oval. We lost the ground ball gets by like 30 today.

This board;

When we’re winning
Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

When we’re losing
Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

No matter what we paid i'am happy! We have this guy for the next 12 years and he is only 21.

And the issue before that? He missed round 9 for peel too.
Played 17/06 but he did miss on 10/06. Possibly illness.

This article below may mention why he was out for that particular game which was WAFL round 9 vs Claremont.

Back