Delisted Luke Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Pos Number Player       Age    Games    Price        2009            2008            2007       
                        DT      SC     Played    DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg
MID 45 MILES, Luke    23    0    $89,500    $94,200    0    0.0    0.0    0    0.0    0.0    0    0.0    0.0

Re: Sandringham Zebras 2010

We're getting a lot of decent backs coming through though.
If Lynch ends up being more cut out as a backman, we have him, Gaertner, Simpkin, J Smith, Dempster, Gram, and Miles and Dawson all pretty much backmen. ( outside this weeks 22).
Forwards, Cahill and Walsh.
Does anyone think that Gaertner may have what it takes to be a rucking midfielder in the future?
I wish Miles would stop getting injured during his best chance of getting a game.
By all accounts he is FAST. He will come back fit, right when Smith, Dempster, and Gram are all available in front of him.

Miles is quick and a very long kick, but I thought he was some way off AFL action unless they find a different role for him. He doesn't play like a natural defender and I thought they would have tried him on the wing long before now - maybe they are concious of his injury troubles?

Also noticed that Winmar was in the best players in the ressies, so hopefully his icing was precautionary.

Miles is quick and a very long kick, but I thought he was some way off AFL action unless they find a different role for him. He doesn't play like a natural defender and I thought they would have tried him on the wing long before now - maybe they are concious of his injury troubles?

Also noticed that Winmar was in the best players in the ressies, so hopefully his icing was precautionary.

Miles has been named emergency a couple of times.
He may well have got a call up against the Hawks last year but was injured.
Similarly he may have had a chance earlier this year if he hadn't been injured.

Similarly he may have had a chance earlier this year if he hadn't been injured.

Oh sure - I should have clarified that the club rates his efforts (as a defender) higher than me. Having been to training he is very vocal and good with the younger players (which probably counts for something). In going for Dempster and Peake, Ross likes those types - quick runners who can play off half back and kick a long ball. Winmar (as a younger recruit) is probably in the same bracket.

I think Miles should be played on the wing.

Re: Round 21 v Richmond @ Etihad

None of us have seen much of Luke Miles. I remember an appearance in the preseason two years back where he was quite impressive and on that performance it is amazing that he has not got a run before now. He has a turn of speed and the guts to take on an opponent and beat him (something that I admire because the alternative is the safe 'kick it around to each other down back' approach, waiting. The 'taking on a player' approach can be creative, and can draw opponents away from their zones disrupting the lines. Lets hope he adds something in his debut because he hasn't had much opportunity to show his wares on the big stage. Who knows - he may be a diamond in the rough.

Very quick is Luke.

Watched his man a bit too much (rather than playing the ball when in dispute), which is probably my main concern with him. Needs to use the force.

I'm sure he was pleased that Troy Taylor played shit.

Very quick is Luke.

Watched his man a bit too much (rather than playing the ball when in dispute), which is probably my main concern with him. Needs to use the force.

I'm sure he was pleased that Troy Taylor played shit.

"Use the force Luke" popped into my head while I was there as well.
I reckon half the defenders in the AFL have the same problem. Thats how shortarses like Milne and Schnieder who "use the force" to know the exact spot the ball will land beat taller opponents. ( Unfortunately J Riewoldt is very good at it too ).
Luke was pretty good though, didn't look like he was too short to be a storm trooper ( or out of his depth in AFL ). He did shank one badly but that happens eh'.

He did shank one badly but that happens eh'.

He does shank more than he should, but he also kicks flat 60m balls too. Not so flash on the left, but (like many others) will try to use pace to get around onto the preferred. A handy back-up option and hopefully he stays injury free.

"Use the force Luke" popped into my head while I was there as well.
I reckon half the defenders in the AFL have the same problem. Thats how shortarses like Milne and Schnieder who "use the force" to know the exact spot the ball will land beat taller opponents. ( Unfortunately J Riewoldt is very good at it too ).
Luke was pretty good though, didn't look like he was too short to be a storm trooper ( or out of his depth in AFL ). He did shank one badly but that happens eh'.
I think his foot hit the ground mid kick. Something went awry, he was doing that half limp footballers do for a couple of minutes afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke played 2 games late in 2010 for the Saints. He was fairly impressive.

Luke replaced Rhys Stanley as the St Kilda representative in the Grand Final sprint and won.

Sadly he was delisted at the end of the 2010 season :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back