Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he doesn't go straight out

Nah, not on a 14 disposal game.

6-8 and he would have been in a fair bit of danger. Likelihood is Rowe for Murphy, and Frampton for Tom Lynch.

Lovely video and agreed on seeing Chris back.

What was the history with his previous distance from the club - was their resentment from Chris RE Blight?

Was a little bit from the Blight decision, but went VERY VERY hard at us in the media and not exactly all of it was justified. Good to see things are improving though.

Nah, not on a 14 disposal game.

6-8 and he would have been in a fair bit of danger. Likelihood is Rowe for Murphy, and Frampton for Tom Lynch.
This seems about right. Rowe out might be a bit harsh, but it's probably best for him to get some good SANFL form up his sleeve

No way should Pedlar be dropped on that, it's not like he had a Worrell-like debut

Big call. I want to disagree, but aside from Brouch there isn’t too much else out there

Which might explain a few things…

Matt also a reasonable footballer objectively.

But 4 top line mids in a decade (where two of them left) really explains how we got here.

Was a little bit from the Blight decision, but went VERY VERY hard at us in the media and not exactly all of it was justified. Good to see things are improving though.
Which parts were unjustified? Just asking because on balance I'd say the SA footy media handles the club with kid gloves and we could use a few more guys willing to call out shit when they see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory it was more about the way it was done. Blight says he thought Chris had retired so I don't think he was given the courtesy of being told he was being delisted, at least initially, unlike A Jarman and McGuinness.
McDermott got chaired off in his last game. Seemed like he'd retired

I think McDermotts 1995 was like Sloanes 2021. Showing obvious signs of decreasing impact. McDermotts 1996 was deplorable. Couldnt stay on the park, and when he played out games was having 10-12 touches. A shadow of his early 90s impact. He was 32 or 33 at retirement and the time was right whether he chose to retire or Blight pushed him.

Andrew Jarmans situation was a little different. Playing weight of 91kg at just 177cm, he was an unfit fatty who could no longer run out games in the midfield so was moved forward. Probably could have played on another year but Blight made a tough call

McGuinness was 32 and his output was dropping off too, Blight made a good call there.

We also traded in and out a bunch of rubbish (although I liked Stanfield) and Brett James was handy.

I think the list is due for another similar clean out this season with Lynch, MacKay, Talia, Crouch, Frampton/Berg, Davis, OConner all outs. Its a huge amount of experience, but I think its obvious who the club wants to keep with the contracts that have been announced already.

I think McDermotts 1995 was like Sloanes 2021. Showing obvious signs of decreasing impact. McDermotts 1996 was deplorable. Couldnt stay on the park, and when he played out games was having 10-12 touches. A shadow of his early 90s impact. He was 32 or 33 at retirement and the time was right whether he chose to retire or Blight pushed him.

Andrew Jarmans situation was a little different. Playing weight of 91kg at just 177cm, he was an unfit fatty who could no longer run out games in the midfield so was moved forward. Probably could have played on another year but Blight made a tough call

McGuinness was 32 and his output was dropping off too, Blight made a good call there.

It's worth listening to the History Locker podcast that the club produces (and in particular the episode with Blighty).

Covers those blokes at great length. Says Jarman was disciplinary related and that McGuinness was the one he sweated over the longest and probably could have gone another year.

Have heard that Talia is pretty upset with how he is being treated and Roo’s comments on the radio. As a player who has given a lot to the club he should be told in person not hear about it after the Roo and Ditts show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was said? I must have missed it

Have heard that Talia is pretty upset with how he is being treated and Roo’s comments on the radio. As a player who has given a lot to the club he should be told in person not hear about it after the Roo and Ditts show

Football is a joke. The boys club (at every club) want to have their cake and eat it too. The conflict of interest that is just par for the course in all levels of football is just a complete joke.

It doesn’t really matter what Roo said ( or Eddie McGuire or any arrogant **** that does this). When they represent the club, they become a spokesperson of the club. Anything they say can reasonably be expected to come from the club.

As a result the club (de facto) sits on the boundary at adelaide oval every week embarrassing themselves with barely comprehensible drivel. I have never listed to Roo and Ditts but I can imagine.

Credit to Olsen, there is definitely a direction to get past players back to the club and improve the connection to the clubs' history since he took over

Credit to Olsen, there is definitely a direction to get past players back to the club and improve the connection to the clubs' history since he took over
It was a great day when they pissed Chapman off. It took so long to cut that cancer out of the organisation.

He is one of those business people types that constantly has his snout in the feed.

What was said?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back