Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anywhere on the field is bad. That’s Hinge’s and Milera’s spot. Both a lot more potent than Sloane.
Hinge, Milera, Nankervis & Jones should all be ahead rotating between HBF & wing.

Would even be looking to play Ryan ahead of Sloane.

Only consideration would be if both Hinge & Milera are unavailable & we need the experience.

JHF has all the talent in the world, however, his problems are 99% between the ears and unless he starts owning that and getting the right mentors around him, he won't reach 50% of his capability
Don’t understand peoples negativity around JHF ( other than the fact he plays for Port )

Interrupted pre season due to serious vascular surgery ( which also affected his season at North ) and comes out and polls 16 Brownlow votes and finishes pretty high up in ports B and F

The guy is a serious player and I reckon he will be Ports best player within 3 years , maybe sooner

Don’t understand peoples negativity around JHF ( other than the fact he plays for Port )

Interrupted pre season due to serious vascular surgery ( which also affected his season at North ) and comes out and polls 16 Brownlow votes and finishes pretty high up in ports B and F

The guy is a serious player and I reckon he will be Ports best player within 3 years , maybe sooner
Will be a good player, but does he have the mental side of things to be a gun of the competition?

Yep , why not ?

This mental side theory is overblown re JHF I reckon

His body hasn’t been right through not much fault of his own , but it’s about to be
I think he will be at least a very good player.

Still need to be convinced he will be a gun of the competition.

Clearly has potential.

Once again your assumptions of my posts are just that, your assumptions.
It was not an attack on Sloane, just my personal opinion that we have better players in EVERY position in the field than Sloane.
His only role should be getting drunk at the pub on game day and cheering the team on. Ffs…

You get more sense out of a Swifty than that guy

JHF has all the talent in the world, however, his problems are 99% between the ears and unless he starts owning that and getting the right mentors around him, he won't reach 50% of his capability

No, all of JHF's problems start and end with he's still a kid.

He's flashed an elite clearance game and once his fitness/body catches up, he'll be elite.

If we had JHF playing for us the language on this board would be very different.

I don't really see anything to suggest he's going to be anything except elite.
It’s the Crows coloured glasses on here. JHF will be top 5 in the comp for a long time and may well be head honcho.

But it’s a team sport, GCS had peak GAJ and it meant Jack for them.

It’s the Crows coloured glasses on here. JHF will be top 5 in the comp for a long time and may well be head honcho.

But it’s a team sport, GCS had peak GAJ and it meant Jack for them.
Agree … top 5 player of comp potential and will overtake Rozee / Butters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep , why not ?

This mental side theory is overblown re JHF I reckon

His body hasn’t been right through not much fault of his own , but it’s about to be
Also he's 20
If we had a 20 year old polling 16 Brownlow votes we'd think he was the second coming

Agree … top 5 player of comp potential and will overtake Rozee / Butters
Screams Nathan Buckley type player. For us going forward I would love to see us run Rankine on him head to head - lets see how he goes against absolute pure quality and trickery.

The other player type I would like going head to head is a Dawson or maybe down the track, Curtin - big big bodied evasive type players - need to make someone like JHF get away from what he wants to do best and make worry about his man

Stop talking about JHF in the Pedlar thread!!

The initials will be just fine as an AFL footballer, every team would add him to their midfield in half a blink.

Our man Luke might end up in a similar ball park in terms of his desirability. He will provide plenty that will catch the eye.
I agree, however it would be interesting to see JHF and Pedlar play against each other in the middle. Hopefully we'll see it sometime this season.

Yeah, no doubt JHF will be a fine player, there's a reason everyone wanted to trade for him.

That being said, I'm sure some of the attention he gets here is people wanting to be on record as a fan.

No one wants to be the poster still hating on him years down the track, especially if he ends up having the career that's expected.

Yeah, no doubt JHF will be a fine player, there's a reason everyone wanted to trade for him.

That being said, I'm sure some of the attention he gets here is people wanting to be on record as a fan.

No one wants to be the poster still hating on him years down the track, especially if he ends up having the career that's expected.
I think most of us just remember how much of a freak he was as a junior and how players with his traits tend to dominate.

He is the exact type of young mid we need and would be frothing over if he was a crow.

Back