Status
Not open for further replies.
588951-luke-shuey.jpg

098288-luke-shuey.jpg

4111763536.jpg

556059-shuey.jpg

787295-jack-darling.jpg

090811sptshuey1_1743ao1-1743ao3.jpg

He has captaincy material written all over him.

At the games, you see he's one of the most talkative on the field, the first to tap a guy on the bum when he makes a mistake, is always one of the happiest when another guy kicks a goal. His enthusiasm and love for his fellow players is so clear when you watch him around the ground.

Love this kid. :thumbsu:

Eagle Shuey's wings clipped over tweet

West Coast star Luke Shuey was directed by Eagles staff to remove an alleged anti-gay slur posted on social networking site Twitter after their nine-point win in Brisbane.

The Australian Football League club has ruled out any disciplinary action for the 21-year-old, who used the word "***got" in a tweet put up while on his way to the airport yesterday to fly back to Perth.

The post in which the midfielder said, "Hamsys still celebrating his goal #seriously #***got #nobody likes him", was linked to a superb goal by teammate Ashton Hams.

Shuey's message was taken off about 40 minutes later after four people posted warnings to the Eagle about his language.
West Coast said no action would be taken.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/10130494/eagle-shueys-wings-clipped-over-tweet/

Tsk tsk Shuperman. There goes his Rising Star award. :eek:

Quartermain,%20Stephen%20-%20Jan10.jpg

"That's a disgrace. He should never be allowed to tweet again."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-reveals-why-he-wants-to-be-an-eagle-forever/

Shuey reveals why he wants to be an Eagle forever

West Coast young gun Luke Shuey has hailed football's "brotherhood" in a weekend of raw emotions topped by Sydney's rally for grief-stricken captain Jarrad McVeigh.
The Swans caused the upset of the season by ending Geelong's winning run of 29 games at home in tribute to McVeigh, whose four-week-old daughter Luella died last week. Shuey said the way the Eagles had comforted him after his 17-year-old sister was killed when she was hit by a motorcycle in 2009 had given him an unyielding faith in football's compassionate edge.
One of his team's best players in an eight-point win over Brisbane at the Gabba on Saturday night, the 21-year-old said it made him want to stay with the club for life.
"You don't want to think it takes something like that to win games," Shuey said of Sydney's unexpected win at Skilled Stadium on Saturday after the McVeigh tragedy. "But on the other side of it, it's great to see the passion and brotherhood that teams are able to show when individuals go through hard times.
"West Coast is my home now, it's my life and I'm planning on spending the rest of my career here.
"I love the club and what they've been able to do for me shows not only do they want to be successful in football, but they want to be successful off-field and support us as much as they can.
"They've won me over and hopefully we can stick together and get some success in the next few years."

Shit yeah, what a jet

Spend all year talking about how shuey's impact is what should win him the rising star but bloody hell if you look at the stats its just as impressive.

Number 2 at the club for kicks
Number 3 at the club for disposals
Number 4 at the club for contested possessions
Number 2 at the club for clearances
Number 4 at the club for tackles
Number 4 at the club for goals
Number 4 at the club for behinds
Number 1 at the club for goal assists
Number 1 for inside 50's
Number 4 for rebound 50's
Number 2 for running bounces

So not only does he win it in tight, kick goals and then set up more goals than any other player on our list he also runs both ways, tackles hard and sets up play from defence as well as attack. On those stats im finding it hard not to have him in the top 4-5 players at our club for the year.

Spend all year talking about how shuey's impact is what should win him the rising star but bloody hell if you look at the stats its just as impressive.

Number 2 at the club for kicks
Number 3 at the club for disposals
Number 4 at the club for contested possessions
Number 2 at the club for clearances
Number 4 at the club for tackles
Number 4 at the club for goals
Number 4 at the club for behinds
Number 1 at the club for goal assists
Number 1 for inside 50's
Number 4 for rebound 50's
Number 2 for running bounces

So not only does he win it in tight, kick goals and then set up more goals than any other player on our list he also runs both ways, tackles hard and sets up play from defence as well as attack. On those stats im finding it hard not to have him in the top 4-5 players at our club for the year.

You forgot "at the club" for the last 3! :)

Our future is in great hands it would seem. If we can hang onto Gaff as well, the makings of an elite midfield is well at hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our future is in great hands it would seem. If we can hang onto Gaff as well, the makings of an elite midfield is well at hand.

Jesus, I do hope we hang onto Gaff - he'll be elite, no doubt. However, there are some Essendon people saying that Gaff's agent is busy in Melb talking to clubs as he is desperate to return home.
Hope there's no truth to it! We must keep him.

***k off it's his twitter, he should be able to post whatever he wants. Travis Cloke once made a twitter post asking "Why are board games called board games? They're not boring they're heaps of fun?". Where's the ban on stupidity in the AFL? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back