Luke Shuey's Leadership/Teamwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Cupar Kane

Rookie
Jul 13, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched the Port v WC game again and one thing really stood out was Luke's ability and willingness to support and encourage his teammates. Pats on the back, being there to pick team mates up off the ground and just a alround spirit of believe in his mates. Was it just me that saw this or did others??

Could Luke Shuey be the next captain of the West Coast Eagles!!!!

I think you could make a case for most of the young gentlemen on the WCE list.

Mr Shuey is an excited boy when he gets on the field and this enthusiasm is contagious.

Only 4 games though…

I too saw it on the night and when i watched the replay of the match. He seemed to be there to celebrate every goal and pat players on the back etc.

was very good to see :thumbsu:

He may just be an eagles captain in the making :)
For now though ill be more than happy to simply see him string some games and good form together.

im pretty certain he'll captain west coast at some point in time.

after the next captain (probably waters or selwood), i'd say we'll make shuey the captain by about age 23-24.

it really shows we're struggling when our other potential captains at this point in time are Beau Waters and Adam Selwood...good leaders...not exactly stand out players though. i suppose someone like nick maxwell has shown it can work.

I was at the match & one of the best things about it was seeing shuey & seeing an elite mid finally. He's not that yet, but his poise & character puts the other guys from his draft in the shade. I reckon all this adversity he's been through has further enhanced his character.
I'm looking fwd to seeing him develop more. One negative to all this is that he is pushing his price up for dream team next year! ;)

Is it just me or does anyone really even care if he doesn't end up that good? personally i reckon he's gonna be a superstar but even if he just ends up an average player he would still be one of my favourites coz he's just such a lad. Top Bloke. im just scared he's gonna leave us. if he did i'd still love the kid.

He's been my favourite player since the pre season by far and realistically he aint even that good yet.

Thanks Guys....glad you all noticed it too!!

One other thing Shuey shows is good football smarts, I recon you can the cogs turning when you watch him play, very busy footballer. Almost Hodge like for Hawthorn.....Gees I hope he gets half as good as hodge!!!

Thanks Guys....glad you all noticed it too!!

One other thing Shuey shows is good football smarts, I recon you can the cogs turning when you watch him play, very busy footballer. Almost Hodge like for Hawthorn.....Gees I hope he gets half as good as hodge!!!

2 great points. Elite players always have several gears, Judd/Cousins/Kerr went to supersaiyen like levels when we really needed them to especially in finals. Shuey was quiet for 3 quarters and you could see in his face in the last that he had the will to win and willed everyone on (if that makes sense).

I will be a very sad panda if this guy doesn't play 150+ games for us.
286841113_00a75b35cc.jpg

"Put down the guns Casson and lets talk it over!"

Shue is great. Another pre-season under his belt would be great.
He could double as our skills coach too. Great kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone else saw this but in the last quarter, after throwing his weight around in the North forward line, Shuey ran to the bench wanting to go off but nobody sitting down/controlling those sitting down reciprocated. Shuey proceeded to yell and wave his arms around frantically trying to get somebody to relieve him until he turned away in disgust! Koby finally got up and replaced the poor bugger. :p

Certainly not shy on the field, definite future leader of the club!

Just as the scuffle that ensued after the Waters hit was breaking up, a couple of North players ran down to suppport and as a result they had the weight of numbers afterwards. Shuey called on and directed the WC players up the ground to push up and give some support.

Great leadership and all, but **** me our team has no initiative either.

Also, how good was that play where he picked the ball up near half forward and then delivered that pass to Wilson? Most players in the team would have kicked it straight to the spare defenders dropping back.

The casual one handed no biggie pickup then kicks the ball in front of Wilson to run onto in the last few minutes of the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Shuey's Leadership/Teamwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back