Lullabye Laycock

Remove this Banner Ad

stander

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2006
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
When is this laggard going to wake up. Anazac Day is D Day for Laycock. He's lazy, lamentable, lumpy, low intensity, liability, loafy and _____ng lucky to be playing.

Hasnt played well at all in the last 5 weeks. If he played any other position we could drop him but unfortunately we have just got to wait until he wakes from his slumber

He's not playing well at all especially in comparison to Hille.

If Ryder wasnt needed to play on Trav Cloke this week I would have given him a run as back up ruck to Hille.

How good is Bellchambers?

I would suggest that if Laycock got dropped prior to ANZAC day, it'd be a huge wakeup call for him.

It would be an even bigger wakeup call if he got dropped on the actual ANZAC day itself..... It would make his headspin, which in his case thats exactly what he and the team needs.....

WAKE UP LAYCOCK!!!!

He is safe for at least 2 years. Ryder and Bellchambers need to spend a long time in the gym, and growing to be considered starting ruckman.

Although, if Knighter is going to give him a bollocking, ANZAC day might be the time to do it, because Collingwood have a pretty weak ruck division

Laycock did extremely well in the ruck in the last few games of 2007 and I really thought he'd finally arrived, but his form this season has been lamentable. The really annoying thing is that Hille and Laycock can't seem to get in form at the same time.

Having "lost" Bradley and Bolton, it's up to Laycock to carry the "muggins" load. Every team has one. He's ours.

I'd rather bring in Bellchambers on a less Important match (eg. Vs Melbourne).

We should still drop Laycock if he makes no improvement in training this week, otherwise Bellchambers will have the biggest debut of his life.

Maybe Alessio has cursed the number 27 ...

Laycock is just out of form. When he's good, I think he can be quite a decent player for us. Now, he needs a few weeks running in Bendigo. Let's give him that wake up call, and hope he isn't going down the same path as Alessio (anyone remember him???) did. He played on too long, and just wasn't the same after the 1999 PF.

does anyone actually know how bellchambers etc is going? i mean even if he is not ready surely youthful energy and effort would put him in front of laycock atm! he was dreadful friday.. in fact apart from a handful of games he has always been weak. turnovers kill you in this game and he causes at least 10 on his own!

could paddy ryder ruck with lee/neagle/welsh/'johns' on the backline? or maybe move fletcher back to a tradition defensive role and leave NLM to be the loose man across half back? yes fletcher is awesome in the role but if it frees up paddy to go into the ruck maybe it would be a win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post and good title.

I have been a Jason enthusiast since he tore em up on Anzac day a few years ago, he has great skills, a great set of hands and he's tap work is also pretty good. He has the game to be a very good player - no doubt.
I read an article this year that suggested it was his first real pre-season and the first time he hasnt been playing with pain in his knee. You would have thought he would have been set for a big one, alas he has been pretty dissapointing so far. I hope he can grab games by the balls and stop looking so lethargic, suffice to say the jury is still out on Lullabye or BigCock (yes I yell that out at the game).

Laycock is just out of form. When he's good, I think he can be quite a decent player for us. Now, he needs a few weeks running in Bendigo. Let's give him that wake up call, and hope he isn't going down the same path as Alessio (anyone remember him???) did. He played on too long, and just wasn't the same after the 1999 PF.
How could you say that :eek: Alessio was more than servicable for us over more than 10 years. He practically carried our ruck division after the retirement of Madden. He was also a more than handy forward. He did nothing to besmirch the number 27 guernsey, Laycock has done that all on his own.

Would he be the guy that was clearly our best ruckman in 2001, especially in the Granny when Barnes was impotent?

Some people - NFI.

I bet you were one of those lovely supporters who used to bag Lucas and now love him and claim him as your own.

Right, here is what i posted on the Laycock Bomber Spotting thread a couple of weeks ago, I'm ahead of all you boys!

"'I'm becoming more and more infuriated with this clumsy goof each week. I just find his on field performance so damn disappointing. I hope to god we are already developing another young ruck so we can use him as trade bait at seasons end. I think he'd fit in well at richmond."

I hear some talk about Bellchambers, I say bring him in because my TV will be F%&$ed if i throw one more beer can at it following a Laycock error. I think almost all faith we die-hard bombers had in him is now lost and it certainly is D-Day for Laycock on friday.

Good night Jason, sleep tight and a sweet dream in Bendigo. We need you, and it seems, a lot more than you want EFC.

Laycock just doesn't work hard enough. Doesn't get back in defense to help enough or around the ground. Has potential but might be some trade bait..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lullabye Laycock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back