LVFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Marong and maiden gully are too big for the lvfl. There's 4 teams in the thirds. Maiden gully were already losing their best juniors to bendigo clubs because there's no competition. That's why they didn't put a team in after they couldn't play bfl under 18s

There are five junior teams, all clubs represented except MGYCW, despite having the largest population. Their inflated opinion of themselves as a club is delusional. They can't claim there's no competition when they contribute nothing and haven’t won a junior flag since 2016, its embarrassing.

There are five junior teams, all clubs represented except MGYCW, despite having the largest population. Their inflated opinion of themselves as a club is delusional. They can't claim there's no competition when they contribute nothing and haven’t won a junior flag since 2016, its embarrassing.
Newbridge doesn't have U18s.

As I've mentioned before I can't believe YCW don't put two or three junior teams in Bendigo comp and have a not so strong team in the LVFL, anyone missing out on a game in the stronger teams plays in the LVFL and if you perform in the LVFL you might get a call up, If I had a kid not getting much of a run in the stronger comp I would jump at the chance for him to play 4 quarters and the travelling is okay

As I've mentioned before I can't believe YCW don't put two or three junior teams in Bendigo comp and have a not so strong team in the LVFL, anyone missing out on a game in the stronger teams plays in the LVFL and if you perform in the LVFL you might get a call up, If I had a kid not getting much of a run in the stronger comp I would jump at the chance for him to play 4 quarters and the travelling is okay

They were accepted into the Bendigo under 18 comp but got overruled by the commission. If that got up they did plan to have an under 18’s in the Loddon valley also as you suggested.

They have huge numbers of teams in the Bendigo Junior Football league from under 9’s to Under 16’s

They would go ok but the top 4 teams in north central always very strong, I still feel LVFL is a very solid relevant country league with a few obvious problems that most leagues have, they could probably afford to lose one team which would probably be a promoted marong but I worry about the long term situation of serp miti and calivil you don't want to be in the situation of golden rivers and only have six teams: that's skating on thin ice.

They would go ok but the top 4 teams in north central always very strong, I still feel LVFL is a very solid relevant country league with a few obvious problems that most leagues have, they could probably afford to lose one team which would probably be a promoted marong but I worry about the long term situation of serp miti and calivil you don't want to be in the situation of golden rivers and only have six teams: that's skating on thin ice.
If Marong got promoted could Macorna potentially take their place and keep it as a 9 team comp? Although it still wouldn't change the long term viability of Serp, Miti and Calivil as you say

If Marong got promoted could Macorna potentially take their place and keep it as a 9 team comp? Although it still wouldn't change the long term viability of Serp, Miti and Calivil as you say
Would mean golden rivers would pretty much fold, I think they are happy where they are, I think boort would be a better option but most teams want to keep playing the traditional sides they always have

Agree 100% with this. You can't choose to not field a team at all, then p155 and moan that you don't have any juniors coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just throwing it out there , but could a merge between Loddon and golden rivers work ? Bit of travel I know.
If marong and the baby eagles leave it could work

Just throwing it out there , but could a merge between Loddon and golden rivers work ? Bit of travel I know.
If marong and the baby eagles leave it could work
You might only get Wandella, Murrabit and Macorna. Ultima is looking to get into the Central Murray, Hay would probably try to go Picola and it would probably end Moulamein.
The first 3 all have good junior numbers which would be good for the Loddon Valley but with that league only having an U18 comp for juniors these clubs would probably loose juniors over time as it would be hard having teams in the Bendigo junior comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

LVFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back