Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think we just Traded for our VFL Team?
I think we tradedfor him when we were caught short of KPDs and had to take what we could get. Given the very late club tour of facilities etc sounds like he wans't in our calculations initially. He doesn't fill me with much hope and if Keeffe can get back to AFL level hopefully Dunn will be a VFL player. It's a much better position for us if he can't crack the AFL side rather than us playing him in the AFL side because we have no one better

No more of a stretch than Nathan Brown would have been ...who is barely a year younger than him with a far more dubious injury history. Fair point though. I should have said a year or two not two or three.

Agree Dunn and Keeffe will be fighting for a spot initially.
I agree Brown wouldn't have been very different. Still if as suggested Brown was offered a 1 year contract and we have probably offered Dunn 2 years it doesn't say much for our planning. We haven't handled this part of the trading season very well.

Also just looked at the article on the CFC website about Dunn. Had all his pre season bios from his time at Melbourne. Was surprised to see that it was only 2013-15 he was an established player in the side. The other comments for each season prior to that have a lots of mixed comments "is at the crossroads", "needs to establish himself in the team" , "never put together a consistent season" etc. also seems it's only of recent seasons he has played backline on a permanent basis.

I agree Brown wouldn't have been very different. Still if as suggested Brown was offered a 1 year contract and we have probably offered Dunn 2 years it doesn't say much for our planning. We haven't handled this part of the trading season very well.

Also just looked at the article on the CFC website about Dunn. Had all his pre season bios from his time at Melbourne. Was surprised to see that it was only 2013-15 he was an established player in the side. The other comments for each season prior to that have a lots of mixed comments "is at the crossroads", "needs to establish himself in the team" , "never put together a consistent season" etc. also seems it's only of recent seasons he has played backline on a permanent basis.
Wasn't Brown meant to be some sort of a leader at Collingwood? Don't you think 2016 was messed up?

He has played 165 career games compared to Brown 130.

Can kick very well on both sides, faster and more agile than Brown - a clear upgrade.

Excellent shut down player too?

Gee this Dunn bloke sounds like an absolute jet, where has he been hiding?

How many 1st rounders did we pay to snag him, must've been fierce competition to get his signature?

look l was not liking dunny dunn replacing brown because there is to me not
much different between them, and not a clear up grade. but he now a collingwood player
so l am willing to see him play first before l criticize the bloke. never know
he mite surprise us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Brown meant to be some sort of a leader at Collingwood? Don't you think 2016 was messed up?
Sort of? Leadership group. In terms of leadership, the GWS game was the first where we had all players from that group playing. That is beyond messed up. But change is at hand.
With Macaffer and Brown gone, I would expect Grundy and Treloar to come in for them. Rejuvenating leadership will be the last step in the rebuild.

Yes
Been in and out of the Melbourne lineup for the past 11 years and never stood up to become a consistently good player, I think he's had a chance.

Yes you don't like him, but don't make up bullshit to support your position. He has played 165 games of football. The percentage of AFL footballers that actually reach that mark is relatively small. Poor players don't get to 150 games. They get spat out of the system way before then.

Been in and out of the Melbourne lineup for the past 11 years and never stood up to become a consistently good player, I think he's had a chance.
Played 18 games in 2010,12 and 13, and then 22 in 2014 & 15. He has played some good footy, in a struggling team.

He is by no means a star, but he will do a job.

Excellent shut down player too?

Gee this Dunn bloke sounds like an absolute jet, where has he been hiding?

How many 1st rounders did we pay to snag him, must've been fierce competition to get his signature?

Embarrassing how ignorant you are about a guy who has played 165 games.
And laughable that you're implying he is not an upgrade on Brown.
Do some research and watch some videos.

And get out from under your bed the sky is not falling in.

Embarrassing how ignorant you are about a guy who has played 165 games.
And laughable that you're implying he is not an upgrade on Brown.
Do some research and watch some videos.

And get out from under your bed the sky is not falling in.

Where do you think we'll finish in 2017?

Surely it's time our ladder position improved drastically if things are going as well as you generally imply?

We got a big upgrade in defence, lost no one good, Mayne who is a huge boost to the forwardline plus Wells an A grade jet... I'm guessing you have us locked for the 8?

I'm not saying either is a good player. It's pretty sad our KPD stocks have come to this. Getting a reject from Melbourne.

Sure we need to need a recruit a better player fr FB, but Brown did an ok job for a long time.

As for Dunn, he will probably do a better job until we have someone else to take the position.

Melbourne supporters say he should have played this year. I'll put faith in him until he proves otherwise.

Where do you think we'll finish in 2017?

Surely it's time our ladder position improved drastically if things are going as well as you generally imply?

We got a big upgrade in defence, lost no one good, Mayne who is a huge boost to the forwardline plus Wells an A grade jet... I'm guessing you have us locked for the 8?

Unlike you I'm not a W/L obsessive. You would be very comfortable if we were GEEL over the last 5 years, with a great W/L, but unlike you being a flat track bully is not my view of progress.
GEEL are now behind us on list development despite both teams starting in 2011. They have not won a flag since, so their "resetting" rather than "rebuilding" has essentially failed. Therefore we are more likely to contend earlier than they are.

We have massively closed the gaps against the best this year - which is excellent progress and with maturity and experience our consistency will improve.
That for me is more important than W/L.

So I suggest that if you want good W/L you stick with resetters like GEEL, and leave the flags to rebuilders like COLL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back