DavidInellaFanClub

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Whose this Macaffer bloke who bobbed up and kicked 8 on the weekend for Power?
Havent heard his name around the traps, but surely someone knows something about him, what are his chances of getting drafted?

Hey mate.

Have a look at this:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227568

I notice you have already commented on Macaffer previously so you can't not know who he is ;) Might know more about him than the people you are asking...

Have not seen much of Gippsland this year. Only the game V Calder where he was quiet.
Good effort to kick the 8 goals last round.

Saw him play few times end of last season and he contributed - never stood out but definitely improved as season went on.

Got a mature body and strong mark - very fit even with injury interrupted pre-season. Kicking always improving and probably still needs some work but 8g 2b indicates some straight shooting.

As for the draft he's in the cast of 100's currently with a chance. Play well next few weeks and get Country call up who knows.
And after a sluggish start I think Gippsland will play finals again and he like the team will improve a lot come seasons end.

Hope to start getting to a few more Power games and will keep an eye on him.

But hey isn't Hansen a beauty?

If Roughead and Thomas can go No.2 so can he. Strong draft and all but should be up there!

bawkbagawk said:
Hey mate.

Have a look at this:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227568

I notice you have already commented on Macaffer previously so you can't not know who he is ;) Might know more about him than the people you are asking...

Have not seen much of Gippsland this year. Only the game V Calder where he was quiet.
Good effort to kick the 8 goals last round.

Saw him play few times end of last season and he contributed - never stood out but definitely improved as season went on.

Got a mature body and strong mark - very fit even with injury interrupted pre-season. Kicking always improving and probably still needs some work but 8g 2b indicates some straight shooting.

As for the draft he's in the cast of 100's currently with a chance. Play well next few weeks and get Country call up who knows.
And after a sluggish start I think Gippsland will play finals again and he like the team will improve a lot come seasons end.

Hope to start getting to a few more Power games and will keep an eye on him.

But hey isn't Hansen a beauty?

If Roughead and Thomas can go No.2 so can he. Strong draft and all but should be up there!

How u goin mate, just wondering what you think the chances are for the boys from gippsland are in the draft this year, after what you saw at calder? Any names you think looked good? Obviosuly Hansen? any one else?
Thanks mate

footyman said:
Nice to see he found the big sticks last weekend. He kicked 6 straight behinds up in Bendigo a couple of weeks ago.
You beat me to it, I was going to mention that too, but he did look much more confident against Western Jets last week. I think that the 8 goals will give Brent heaps of confidence and we should see some more improvement from him as the season goes.

Macaffer has bobbed up again on the weekend and kicked 5 and racked up several possessions. Having a pretty good season:thumbsu:

goDees22 said:
you would think so, he is only 17 this year correct me if i'm wrong

Born on the 29th February 1988 so is he 18 or only 4 given that he has only had 4 birthdays on the day?

Has really shown a clear pair of heels in recent weeks. Would need to keep the consistency going all year and might be an outside or rookie chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Macaffer..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back