Gaming Madden 19 Franchise PS4 - Year 2. Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I know that. My decision has nothing to do with the 3 day limit in pre-season, so don't fret Golden G .
I just know that with everything I've got coming up in the next few months, that it's going to be tough for me to commit the necessary time to the league.
Once things have died down on my end, I'll return.
Wouldn't be the same without you (or Cockliff).

Yeah I know that. My decision has nothing to do with the 3 day limit in pre-season, so don't fret Golden G .
I just know that with everything I've got coming up in the next few months, that it's going to be tough for me to commit the necessary time to the league.
ok cool.

You can always just stay in as per normal for the time being and if you cant play for a week or so we can sim those games.

That way you can still play when you have time and then jump back in FT when time permits

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cool, we dont want anyone to leave but life does take place !
If the updates are annoying everyone then I will stop them, they are meant to help not point out who has not played :)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Morning all,

We are now in Week 3 Preseason :

Below are the human games that can be played now :

Aussiedude08 @ Cardinals
Jesse0101 @ LA
Stinger @ Eagles
BLA60 @ Jatz
GoldenG @ Bills
Cockliff v Jatz

Please note Week 3 will adavance Wednesday Night 2nd Jan 2019 at 9pm regardless if you have played your game v CPU or human.

Good luck !

In my game vs CPU last night, there were about 20 holding calls called on both teams. At one point I started a drive 1st and 10 at the 50, and ended up 1st and 40 at the 10 with consecutive holding calls.
Are you using the aggressive blocking coaching adjustment? That seems like a guaranteed holding call to me? (Just as the aggressive pass rush change is basically a guaranteed offsides/neutral zone infraction on defense)

Are you using the aggressive blocking coaching adjustment? That seems like a guaranteed holding call to me? (Just as the aggressive pass rush change is basically a guaranteed offsides/neutral zone infraction on defense)
And that's the thing! I never use the coaching adjustments because they cause tons of penalties, missed tackles and defensed passes. This was just default coaching adjustments and both teams had tons of holding calls.

I'd like to see a good array of penalties. I got one DPI last night against the CPU. There was about 3 false starts. There was a couple face masks. Couple running into the kicker ( :moustache: )....so a good balance there, but holding needs to come down Golden G 00Stinger and aussiedude .

I'll play around today with testing the penalty sliders and make a recommendation.

ALSO...be sure to change the SPEED THRESHOLD to 40. Already tested last season and ought to be implemented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the offer. I rarely play PS4 games anymore. Havent bought a Madden game for 2 years.

Golden G and 00Stinger

Recommended Slider setting adjustments below.
Note, the changes....

SPEED THRESHOLD, FATIGUE, and PENALTY section.

Take note that Offensive Pass Interference recommended OFF because when it's on, every screen pass becomes an OPI if you throw it to another receiver than the designed receiver getting the screen. I tested this, and OPI got called every single time. So switch it off. Not like it ever gets called anyway. Nor does DPI, Def Hold etc anyway.

There's a reason for every Penalty figure being what it is below. For instance, Illegal Block in the Back. Soon as it goes over 50 it gets called practically every second play. But when it's 50, it seldom gets called. So 51 is good as it will get called a LITTLE more frequently than zero.

Annotation 2018-12-30 195814.jpg

Fair suggestion GG.
What does the league feel with GG.exe suggestion to adjust the sliders?

What the tweaked sliders do....

1. Reduce the amount of penalties called that are like stuck in a glitch....where you get 3 False Stars in a row, or Holding penalty every time you hit a good reception on a key 3rd down. Like the game is stuck in a glitch. Now, you get them, but they feel more organic

2. Give a more realistic sense of speed differences between players. So you don't get a 95 speed DB getting tackled from behind by a 80 speed LB, etc.

3. A more realistic sense of fatigue. So a player who sprints a full 100 yards is exhausted by then. But not exhausted after running 40 yeards

Fair suggestion GG.
What does the league feel with GG.exe suggestion to adjust the sliders?

Honest opinion
I havnt even bothered looking
Make suggestions BEFORE the pre-season so we can give it a go then.
Doing it so late makes it impossible for those who only play the league to get a gauge on the settings.

Are they better? I don’t know. But the timing is shit. 2 weeks ago, give it a go. But not now

What the tweaked sliders do....

1. Reduce the amount of penalties called that are like stuck in a glitch....where you get 3 False Stars in a row, or Holding penalty every time you hit a good reception on a key 3rd down. Like the game is stuck in a glitch. Now, you get them, but they feel more organic

2. Give a more realistic sense of speed differences between players. So you don't get a 95 speed DB getting tackled from behind by a 80 speed LB, etc.

3. A more realistic sense of fatigue. So a player who sprints a full 100 yards is exhausted by then. But not exhausted after running 40 yeards
1. The overall game penalties are right at the moment. Yeah, you could lower holding. But you better be upping other penalties, such as dpi. This is the one that really needs testing and why we don’t have the time atm.

2. It’s a fair call, but once again. I need time to test it, not just go by one persons word. Especially when that person has a history of brainwashing himself to believe he’s 100% right. Needs testing first. But I am completely against changes mid-season and we don’t have the time to test before the season begins.

3. I actually agree with this. 80% of last season, we were at one extreme where the players were dead after 20 yards or 2 juke moves. Then late last season a change was made where you could sprint the whole field. 1) we never should’ve made that change in the first place. And 2) the ideal settings imo is the middle ground between then and now.

no change was made late last season.....i merely did a test and posted results and said we should do that...but it was never implemented...as we were going to do that this pre-season.

i tested DPI/DefHold at 99 on the sliders last night and tbh they just NEVER occur. they SHOULD be occurring like a couple times a game, but they just dont. i settled on 80 "just in case"...80 being 30 higher than what they are currently...hopefully they happen but if they do they wont be glitchy occurring every second play like 99 could possibly do....but even at 99, playing 10+ games of testing....not one even occurred.

but what i did learn is that certain other things are VERY VERY finicky. When you move the slider up/down a tiny bit, it triggers a huge difference. Things like Holding and Illegal Block in the back and False Starts...those especially are very touchy. I settled on 51 because at 55 they cause too much of them, at 50 they seldom happen, but at 51 you get them, but like just a couple times max in a game.

importantly...when they happen, they feel more organic, rather than glitchy (where the game gets stuck and does 3 false starts or 3 holding calls in a row), and also minimizes the CPU cheating...where you get a key first down from a good play, but it calls Holding just to cheat you.

Honest opinion
I havnt even bothered looking
Make suggestions BEFORE the pre-season so we can give it a go then.
Doing it so late makes it impossible for those who only play the league to get a gauge on the settings.

Are they better? I don’t know. But the timing is shit. 2 weeks ago, give it a go. But not now

1. The overall game penalties are right at the moment. Yeah, you could lower holding. But you better be upping other penalties, such as dpi. This is the one that really needs testing and why we don’t have the time atm.

2. It’s a fair call, but once again. I need time to test it, not just go by one persons word. Especially when that person has a history of brainwashing himself to believe he’s 100% right. Needs testing first. But I am completely against changes mid-season and we don’t have the time to test before the season begins.

3. I actually agree with this. 80% of last season, we were at one extreme where the players were dead after 20 yards or 2 juke moves. Then late last season a change was made where you could sprint the whole field. 1) we never should’ve made that change in the first place. And 2) the ideal settings imo is the middle ground between then and now.
I agree that it is not time to start changing the sliders again half way through preseason when only a few are playing the preseason games at all ...

This will sound arrogant but you don't hear the better players sooking about holding etc. Get over it and/or improve your team
I don’t complain either and I’m pretty sure I lead the league in penalties last year

Didn’t stop me putting up the #2 offence.
Good players overcome shitty refereeing

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming Madden 19 Franchise PS4 - Year 2. Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back