Gaming Madden NFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Ryan in 6 quarters from half time in the NFCCG through to the end of the Super Bowl:

27/32, 496 YDS, 7 TD, 0 INT
That was probably my peak in those leagues. I remember the first season I choked pretty badly against GG in the divisional round after earning a first round bye.

Next season broke through and beat Chewy for the first time (I was like 2-5 against him, but 2-0 in the playoffs). Beat BLA in a classic in the AFCCG which was arguably better than the two games I posted above. Then played Cockliff in the SB which as GG said, was David vs. Goliath. That game is online here somewhere as well. I started well in that game and was in it until probably halfway through the 3rd quarter when I fell apart and Cocky won pretty easy.

But on the back of two close/huge wins against Chewy and BLA, I developed more confidence and clutch gene. After sticking with Cockliff for 2.5 quarters I knew I wasn't far off the best considering he had won back to back rings in the league.

Then enter the next season (new league/Madden came out). I joined mid season with the Falcons and rolled through the season, don't think I lost a single game. Came up against Cockliff in the NFCCG who was going for the 3 peat, but at this point I was so confident/clutch that I knew no matter what deficit I could and would still win from behind (not in an arrogant way but I just knew how to lock into the zone mentally and fight back into the game). The other part of it was that after a few seasons of playing against everyone and watching the games, I had figured out how I wanted to beat certain players, and I just had to keep stacking up those plays to get back in and win the game.

Beat Cockliff and then faced Chewy who were the two unbeatable players in those leagues. Beat Chewy for the second time ever in that SB.

Remember that the season after that I beat Cockliff in a game where I ran every single play from under centre (had lost the desire at that point and just wanted to have fun/try different shit).

They were good times and everyone was good in their own right with interesting matchups everywhere. For example I remember Dirty Bird was really good against Cockliff despite in theory there being a large skill gap. But then Dirty Bird would get hammered by me for example, but then I would always lose to Chewy (0-5 in regular season with frequent blowouts), but then I would always beat Chewy if it were the playoffs etc. etc.

So many interesting nuances like that was just good times

That was probably my peak in those leagues. I remember the first season I choked pretty badly against GG in the divisional round after earning a first round bye.

Next season broke through and beat Chewy for the first time (I was like 2-5 against him, but 2-0 in the playoffs). Beat BLA in a classic in the AFCCG which was arguably better than the two games I posted above. Then played Cockliff in the SB which as GG said, was David vs. Goliath. That game is online here somewhere as well. I started well in that game and was in it until probably halfway through the 3rd quarter when I fell apart and Cocky won pretty easy.

But on the back of two close/huge wins against Chewy and BLA, I developed more confidence and clutch gene. After sticking with Cockliff for 2.5 quarters I knew I wasn't far off the best considering he had won back to back rings in the league.

Then enter the next season (new league/Madden came out). I joined mid season with the Falcons and rolled through the season, don't think I lost a single game. Came up against Cockliff in the NFCCG who was going for the 3 peat, but at this point I was so confident/clutch that I knew no matter what deficit I could and would still win from behind (not in an arrogant way but I just knew how to lock into the zone mentally and fight back into the game). The other part of it was that after a few seasons of playing against everyone and watching the games, I had figured out how I wanted to beat certain players, and I just had to keep stacking up those plays to get back in and win the game.

Beat Cockliff and then faced Chewy who were the two unbeatable players in those leagues. Beat Chewy for the second time ever in that SB.

Remember that the season after that I beat Cockliff in a game where I ran every single play from under centre (had lost the desire at that point and just wanted to have fun/try different shit).

They were good times and everyone was good in their own right with interesting matchups everywhere. For example I remember Dirty Bird was really good against Cockliff despite in theory there being a large skill gap. But then Dirty Bird would get hammered by me for example, but then I would always lose to Chewy (0-5 in regular season with frequent blowouts), but then I would always beat Chewy if it were the playoffs etc. etc.

So many interesting nuances like that was just good times

So why aren't you in our league now?

Summary of the Divisional vs. Chewy in the second season:
I started with ball. First drive go down and throw a pick in the RZ. Was frustrating but knew I had to keep my cool. My play calling was working a treat and he couldn't contain my run game, so there was some decent signs. I called a tight gun formation and DT was running a corner route, it looked open but was one of those ones where the DB isn't even looking but just gets the spider sense that the ball is behind him and he turns and picks it off.

Chewy picked up one 1st down and punted. I get ball back and go down the field to put on a TD. Another great drive - but I did throw a bad pass that should of been picked a few plays before the TD.

2 mins to go in 2nd quarter, Chewy gets the ball for only 2nd time. He goes puts together a good drive which had me thinking wtf was I gonna do to stop him. He put on 7 pretty easy.

7-7, 45 seconds to go 1st half.

I get ball, two big passes into FG range but clock runs out. Chewy sacked me on 1st down when I had Sanders open - would have certainly clocked the ball and had a FG attempt or deep throw to the EZ.

start 2nd half. Chewy goes down again, puts on 7. I come out and on the 2nd play throw a 70 yd TD to Henderson from the slot. about 60 yds of that run after catch. 14-14.

Chewy gets it back, starts going down field again, nothing big, but methodical. Gets to fringe RZ area and then I start locking up.

3rd & 5 on the 20 odd yard line. I call a blitz. I knew the exact play he was running. It was the corner route to the TE. Navarro Bowman tipped it up and then had two attempts at catching it but couldn't reel it in. That was annoying.

4th down. Chewy goes for it. I called an 8 man blitz. 3 deep zones. engage eight/renegade whatever you want to call it.

I didn't get set up in time and he snapped it, I freaked, but I saw it develop and just before he got the ball out my MLB came crashing through and dislocated Derek Carr's shoulder. Out for the game of course.

I get the ball back and run the clock out for the 3rd quarter. 14-14 with 8 minutes to go.

I went down on another good drive. They only thing that really stopped me all day was that 1 pick. I didn't punt all day or go for it on 4th down. Just that one red zone pick.

Get to I think 3rd & 7 at the 15 yd line. Slant route to Henderson who takes it straight down the middle and dives into the EZ. 21-14. 4 minutes to go.

Chewy went ALL the way down the field. It's inside 2 minutes. I'm calling timeouts to preserve time, thinking I'm going to need to make a game winning drive with the scores tied 21-21.

Chewy gets to 1st & 10 and my 12 yd line.

1st down: Gets 8 yds to 2nd & 2.

2nd down: I call blitz. He runs a FB dive. Stop him for no gain

3rd down: I call same blitz. He runs. Stop him for 1 yd.

4th down and 1 yard to keep the season alive: I call a slightly different blitz with the safety in man coverage. This probably saved me. All rushers on the LOS. He calls a fake FB dive toss to the right. One of my corners breaks through and tackles him for a loss of 5 or so. I take over at about the 7 yd line with 1:40 to go.

I call 2 runs. 1st one should have broken but CJ Anderson ran into the back of my 2nd RT. Heavy set.

3rd & 7. Chewy has 1 TO. This is the game.

Call a play I haven't all day. Smash with outside guys running slants. Dwayne Allen who was split out wide on his own opposite the trips right, gets open in the middle of what I think was Cover 3. He catches it and survives the hit stick. I win.

It was reminiscent of Shannon Sharpe catching the 1st down ball on 3rd & 5 at Denver's own 15 with about a minute to go up 24-21 @ Pittsburgh in the 1997/98 AFC Championship. Same thing.

How about that. 2 & 5 seeds face off for the AFC. Don't think anyone picked this other than GG.exe maybe

BRADY RETURNS

And then the AFCCG vs. BLA - aussiedude mentioned that I didn't convert a single 3rd down in the game. Probably the craziest game I've ever been in:

BLA started with the ball and went straight down for 7. Ran the ball well all day and also utilised the HB's in the flats in the passing game well.

I punted and then BLA took it down for another TD. But missed the XP. 13-0. I really couldn't get a stop early.

2nd quarter I went down and had a O holding call on a 3rd down. Negated a 1st down inside the 10. Ended up settling for a FG.

BLA went down and put on 3 himself. 16-3. Finally a stop, but still a FG.

Then with about 1:30 to go in the half I went on a long TD drive. 16-10. Felt really good at this point. 32 seconds on the clock and I had dragged it back to a 6 point game knowing I had possession after half.

But no, Brandon Cooks breaks about 78 tackles and returns it for 6. BLA went for 2 and succeeded. 24-10. 18 seconds to go in half.

A few quick passes and I got to the 33 yd line. And then Aqib Talib had an unnecessary roughness call.

1 second left. 1st & 10 from the 13 yd line. I went for it.

Dwayne Allen gets tackled in the EZ. pass interference.

CJ Anderson runs it in from the goal line to end the half. 24-17.

Start 2nd half I came out on a long drive, putting on a TD to Corey Coleman in the back of the EZ. But missed the XP. That was disappointing. 24-23

BLA then put together another TD drive. He didn't punt all regulation. I was now getting worried if I could actually stop him.

31-23 with 4 minutes to go.

I had a 4th & 13 at my own 30 yd line. Converted deep over the middle to Emmanuel Sanders.

Then another deep pass to Allen I think.

I got to the Pats 30 odd yd line. And then Dwayne Allen fumbled. Pats take over with just over 2 minutes remaining.

BLA picked up a few 1st downs and forced me to expend my TO's.

With probably 1:45 on the clock, BLA attempted a FG from roughly 45 yds out. Wide left. Broncos take over.

Brady commands the offense down the field. Deep passes left and right. Namely a roll out left and over the top of the underneath zone to Dwayne Allen down the sideline for 30 odd yds.

A huge sack avoid and throw away from the 13 yd line. Would have made it 3rd & about 20.

then on 3rd & 10. Brady hits Heuerman for a 13 yd TD. 31-29.

20 seconds left.

Brady hits Emmanuel Sanders for 2 pts. 31-31.

Pats get close to FG range. But the game ultimately goes to OT.

First play. Chris Harris Jr. drops a pick 6. ugh

But I force a 3 & out and first punt of the game.

Then I went 3 & out. Punt.

3rd & 10 I think. Brissett gets picked by Harris. Redemption.

2 long runs by CJ Anderson including a 19 yd TD ends it. 37-31

When CJ broke free with only Andy Janovich in front of him it was amazing.

Brady: 20/32, 349 yds, 3 TD's, 0 INT's.

CJ Anderson: 12 car, 65 yds, 2 TD's

Sanders: 7 rec, 128 yds

Allen: 6 rec, 113 yds.

Brissett: 17/25, 195 yds, 2/1

Hill: 10 carries, 61yds. 6 receptions 63 yds. 2 receiving TD's.

White: 6 carries, 53 yds, 1 TD. 2 receptions, 23 yds.

Gronk: 7/81

2 former Patriots burned the Pats. Brady to Allen

I'm washed!

So am I, that's what happens when you get married with children!
Doesn't mean we can't put together a Sylvester Stallone washed up Expendables type league together though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seahawks 31 defeat Giants 10

Was down by 10 at the end of the first quarter but scored 31 unanswered points to get back on the winners list.

G.Smith 117 passing yards, 1 passing TD and 1 interception
K.Walker 243 rushing yards, 3 rushing TD and 1 receiving TD

D.Jones 227 passing yards, 1 passing TD and 3 interceptions
J.Hyatt 6 receptions, 94 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD

Me vs. Chewy SB

I just went back and watched this game.
Definitely worthy of being a Super Bowl, though I screwed myself over on the 4th and goal at the 1. I reckon if I score there, I probably win the game but who knows - and for some reason on one of your long TDs my DB had a clean run to intercept the ball and for whatever reason he just stood there. I still remember being pissed about that play haha.

Seriously though, get your arse back on the sticks. We need more players in our league.

I've been playing Madden for a week now.

As a pick up and play arcade-style game, it's pretty fun.

But as someone who played a lot of Madden from around 2004 to 2014, there are still things that shit me that were in the game 10-20 years ago and we still don't have now.

The scouting, contract "negotiations" and owner mode in the franchise season are dog shit. The lack of customization around play books and subs is rubbish, as is the fact that some of your players just go missing or play out of position for a game for no reason. I'm running a 4th string running back when Barkley has had 2 touches for the game and isn't listed on the injury sheet. I'm almost always playing a sub defensive end because I've got a Graham routinely playing DT despite not being listed on the DT depth chart and being the number 1 LE, cos I've got 3 DTs inexplicably not on the field.

There are still too many plays, both offensively and defensively, that are never worth running because they never lead to success. It's still too easy to just figure out the successful plays and run them repeatedly. I'm on the 2nd hardest setting, I only played 2 practice games before starting a season, and I'm about to play the Superbowl.

I could keep going on a million things that seem like minor complaints. But when there are dozens of them, they cease to be minor. And in my head the fact they're "minor" makes them more infuriating because it means they should've been thought of and fixed.

The PS4 version doesn't even seem to have the new dynamic kick off rules. And I started with the setting using the current rosters and it just rejected that and gave me the roster from the start of pre-season.

I've been resisting a PS5 since the new College football game came out, but the reviews of that were crap. I considered I might do it for Madden given the PS4 version also seems to have the free PS5 digital upgrade, but not for this game. It looks better than my last version 7-8 years ago, the commentary is better, the overall sound is better. But all the minutia almost universally seems worse.

I wont be back home till Sunday night. I'll play my game and advance then if everyone else has played.

Chewy316 in terms of our game next week, M-F after 7pm AEDST should be ok, if you pick a day for the GG smashing.

Mate if you're advancing tomorrow night I'm happy to arrange our game for tomorrow night provided it's not a ridiculous starting time (nothing later than 1030pm Melbourne time).

If you need to do it instead on a weekday, let's look at Monday night say around 10pm Melbourne time?

Last edited:
I wont be back home till Sunday night. I'll play my game and advance then if everyone else has played.

Chewy316 in terms of our game next week, M-F after 7pm AEDST should be ok, if you pick a day for the GG smashing.
Don't rush with advancing if you haven't played your game

I'm not that desperate to advance

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Mate if you're advancing tomorrow night I'm happy to arrange our game for tomorrow night provided it's not a ridiculous starting time (nothing later than 1030pm Melbourne time).

If you need to do it instead on a weekday, let's look at Monday night say around 10pm Melbourne time?
Sunday not home till 9:30-10pm. M-F 7pm onwards should bedoable

Dirty bird would **** me up every time. Not even competitive

Was more competitive v cockliff that DB

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I think I was Licorice's bitch.

Did I ever get a win vs him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming Madden NFL 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back