Magpies war of words

Remove this Banner Ad

I was reading that on the Pies website as it happened. I was laughing my head off.

It's great to see such comraderie in our ranks and shows that similar vales and sense of humours are maintained at the highest level as it is we you knocked aboput in country/pub/amateur footy.

I can't believe none of them brought up Maxwell's gripe about playing another game. We probably wouldn't have won the flag hadn't the replay went ahead.

What did he call it again... "An absolute joke"? ;) :p

What a shame the Walkleys were on last week.

Could have had a contender for investigative journalism right here. I'm on the phone to the Pulitzer peeps to see if they accept overseas entries.

james of elwood Posted at 11:16 AM Today

Good one captain instead of smoothing it over & showing your so called leadership qualities that got you the captaincy you need to add fuel to the fire, Maxwell just shut up whats point doing all this bloody training if you guys go sniping at each other publicly hell if I was playing against you I know exactly how to get under your skin & that of Scott Pendlebury well done lads using tweeter to have your so called friendly banter it seems more nasty & adds to the book you wrote talk about eating each other alive.

lolcats-rofl.jpg

Before people start having a go at the Sun, it was reported in the 'Sports Confidential' part of the paper, known for its humour and light-hearted take on daily sport...

Before people start having a go at the Sun, it was reported in the 'Sports Confidential' part of the paper, known for its humour and light-hearted take on daily sport...

And the front section of their website which is where most people read their crap because no one is willing to buy it anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you young uns need to get ur act together, I haven't bought a newspaper in about 3 years and won't be every again. The net provides a diversity of viewpoint instead of the corporate establishment crap Murdock and Packer peddle.

I can see the funny side to it but I'm not a fan of this banter in a public forum....do it at training boys or in private but leave this sort of banter out of the public.

Personally I am shocked and appalled, and I strongly believe the players in question deserve to hung, drawn and quartered for their behaviour.

Indeed it is the only logical reaction. How our team can be so unprofessional. Buckley and MM at each others necks, Beams and Barham and now its a Muds vs Defenders battle royale. Enough is enough. It's time to go medievil on their arses.

Indeed it is the only logical reaction. How our team can be so unprofessional. Buckley and MM at each others necks, Beams and Barham and now its a Muds vs Defenders battle royale. Enough is enough. It's time to go medievil on their arses.
Haha.:D

Have to laugh at anyone who has actually taken any of this seriously, it was a group of mates having fun with each other.

I can almost guarantee that at least 2 of the players involved were actually sitting next to each other (either at Westpac Centre or on Mobiles), because it had that "we're bored" kind of feeling about it.

Was hilarious stuff, hope to see more of it, even during the season, and it's absolutely awesome that all 3 of the GWS's main targets were involved, showing that they are "mates", and not just team mates.:)

Nick just posted this too;

http://twitter.com/#!/maxy_5

maxy_5 Nick Maxwell
Focused on being boring and no fun with @SP_10 on twitter from now on in case certain media outlets try & turn what we say into stories!

Haha.:D

Have to laugh at anyone who has actually taken any of this seriously, it was a group of mates having fun with each other.

I can almost guarantee that at least 2 of the players involved were actually sitting next to each other (either at Westpac Centre or on Mobiles), because it had that "we're bored" kind of feeling about it.

Was hilarious stuff, hope to see more of it, even during the season, and it's absolutely awesome that all 3 of the GWS's main targets were involved, showing that they are "mates", and not just team mates.:)

Nick just posted this too;

http://twitter.com/#!/maxy_5

Agree and It was also a bit of "Takling the Piss out of Each Other"

Just shows how Pathetic the Media Is and I am just Waiting for Caroline Wilson to come up with some Fake story about this;)

Utterly pathetic article. In the all fairness the article was meant to be humourous, but it just smacks of inch filling and lazy journalism. Go and get a real story.

People not on twitter would have taken this story the wrong way, people who already are had seen it and had a laugh already.

The banter was funny...great to hear them sound just like boys having fun.

The thing that made me laugh even more then the banter, were the reactions of the w***ers who took it seriously and slammed Maxy for not being supportive and not being a good captain etc!!

Priceless

Agree and It was also a bit of "Takling the Piss out of Each Other"

Just shows how Pathetic the Media Is and I am just Waiting for Caroline Wilson to come up with some Fake story about this;)
It will be the lead story on the first episode of Footy Classified i have been told.

Caro- Well there theems to be dithention in the magpie rankths with thith tiwitter war of wordths you think Hutchy?

Hutchy- Good call Caro i have it on good authority one player was so incensced hes told the club thats it i want to be traded at years end.

Caro- Well you can theee why, the clubth in ditharay! any clueth of the thusthspected player Huthchy?

Hutchy- Well Caro i can reaveal tonight he is a Collingwood premiership player!!!!

Caro- Thaths juthst amathing, breaking all the thtorieth ath usual Hutchy!!!!

Garry- Shut you too bad call! bad call!

Grant Thomas- reveals hand gun and blows his brains out on live TV.

Pendlebury has gone up in my books after this haha - also some of those comments on the article are golden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpies war of words

Remove this Banner Ad

Back