Make no mistake - Eagles injury problems are the worst the AFL has ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of crap. They're mostly soft tissue injuries - if your conditioning guys can't get it right, that's your problem.

No one cried for St Kilda when they lost players.

But every single injury happened during the game. We havnt had a injury yet this season at a training session...

No point making this thread. Everybody knows Eagles would win the flag this year if they didn't have these injuries but sadly it looks like these injuries will be the end of their 2007 aspirations.

And if the Hawks had beaten the Swans, we would be playing Geelong this week.

It didnt happen, we move on.

Its not so much the injury list, its just the quality of player we've had out. I'd cop injuries to our 2nd tier type but its been our prime movers thats hurt us. Some may call it an excuse, I say its a reason. Not having 3 top 10 players in the league and your CHF is a reason for a loss. I defy any club to handle that sort of reduction in man power. For example lets take Bartel, Ablett, Chapman and Mooney out of Geelong or Chad, Kane, Burgoyne and Tredrea/Westhoff out of Port.

Footscray, Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton and StKilda all had similar injury lists during the season.
Guess what, they had theirs when it decided who would make the finals.
West Coast are having theirs now.
So?

Modern footy is all about keeping your best 22 on the field.
The teams who do that will win the flag

Thats my point. Dont you find that a little disturbing. Atleast in soccer the best and most talented teams win every year. This doesnt happen in the AFL. Melbourne are not the 2nd worst team in the comp. Kangaroos are not the fourth best team in the comp. Reducing injuries should be AFLs no 1 focus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats my point. Dont you find that a little disturbing. Atleast in soccer the best and most talented teams win every year. This doesnt happen in the AFL. Melbourne are not the 2nd worst team in the comp. Kangaroos are not the fourth best team in the comp. Reducing injuries should be AFLs no 1 focus.
WATCH SOCCER.

The nature of our game is that it is high impact, and very injury prone. Winning a premiership is about managing injuries and building depth. Your club has been good at the depth part but not so great at the injuries part.

The whole year we have literally not been able to field a team and its cruelled us all year. This week we had 7 players train. 7 out of 44 fit enough to actually run around. Rest walked laps and kicked footys to each other. Thats not training.

"But all teams carry injuries". All teams carry 30+ injured players in the squad. Un fricken likely. Eagles injured players

Chris Judd
Ben Cousins
Jaymie Graham
Mitch Brown
Tim Houlihan
Andrew Embley
Chad Fletcher
Matt Rosa
Ashley Hansen
Daniel Kerr
Dean Cox
Adam Selwood
Darren Glass
Matt Priddis
Steven Armstrong
Matt Rosa
Mitch Morton
David Wirrpanda

**** it i cant be bothered going on. Its not only affecting this season but over the pre season break we will probably have close to 20 players having surgery at the end of the year. Worst injury list ever seen. We can barely field a team. Players simply have to play since you cannot forfeit and you cant play a 70kg 18 year old in a final. Eagles season is over because of injury, not because they werent good enough. Fact

Cry us a river. Pack of druggies.

Please Embers.

We lost by TWO POINTS, Port were better.

Move the **** on and forget the death toll bud.

Deep down you know this is true mate. Im just saying it. The club knows this to be true too. What can ya do. :thumbsdown:

Wake up fool. In every major soccer league in the world it's the richest clubs that always win.

Take the loss on the chin and move on - the bitchy whinge you've got going is a bad look.

It sucks.

The league have no interest in reducing injuries, because the randomness of them throws up different winners every year.
They have changed the rules to increase the speed of the game, and injuries have increased.
But at least the major sponsors are chipping in more dollars than ever before.
So everything's great.

WATCH SOCCER.

The nature of our game is that it is high impact, and very injury prone. Winning a premiership is about managing injuries and building depth. Your club has been good at the depth part but not so great at the injuries part.

Yep, thats why you have 38 man lists (plus rookies). If more than 3-4 of them are not ready for AFL football, then your list management is shite

WATCH SOCCER.

I do watch soccer. The game is high impact. So are many games but no sport in the world has injury problems like the AFL does. It has to do with the crap grounds mainly along with the AFLs insistence on speeding the game up for more ad revenue. Injuries will get alot worse before they get better. Players are so reliant on painkillers nowadays it isnt funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Make no mistake - Eagles injury problems are the worst the AFL has ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back