Making their Mark -

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly hasn't played a game of football in his life. He'll have a heart attack when he finds out that happens at every club after every game.
Yeah, there's no bottlo at Optus so they must have had them already. Probably sip them quietly after cool down once all the media have ****ed off.

Yeah, there's no bottlo at Optus so they must have had them already. Probably sip them quietly after cool down once all the media have f’ed off.
Surely there'd always be a few in a fridge somewhere there, stashed by a trainer or something!
Brayden would be putting on FU cartons on a regular basis!

Last edited:

E.Betts is even more likeable than he already was.
As much as it pains to say it, D.Hardwick is exceptional in his role for the Tigers.
Eddie seems very hyper, does he have some condition or disorder? It certainly doesn't detract from his warm and likeable character...
It pains me also when you praise Hardwick!? ((;
But the two running the show are pretty astute -Bendon Gale and Peggy O' Neale!

To be fair, of the clubs they followed, only Richmond progressed beyond the first week of finals.

Got the impression they were expecting GWS and West Coast to make bigger fists of things than they did.
Yeah I'm just being facetious. But also I've only watched the first episode

Simmo uses it frequently.

So do all the other coaches and players for that matter.

I work in a small landscape company and our boys and the boss use it at times.

What do you guys, especially those of you who work in teams of blokes, think about the value of using **** [the F word] in your dialogue at work? Does it make things more real? Does it bring it to the ground and assist in hitting the message home?

Clearly it has a place above the usual "expression of frustration". It seems to have a specific role to play, and should be used in the right places lest it lose its impact.

Really enjoying this, great cinematography and I like the on body audio recording, very intimate. Glad that they seem to have left the rough edges on the dialogue too, and stories are well thought out and edited.

This is a real achievement in an industry that seems to spout nothing but pre-baked media responses and cliches as a general rule. Amazing what can happen when corporate opens up and lets storytellers come in & do their thing.

Amazon Prime has Japanese subs too, awesome.

What do you guys, especially those of you who work in teams of blokes, think about the value of using fu** [the F word] in your dialogue at work? Does it make things more real? Does it bring it to the ground and assist in hitting the message home?

Clearly it has a place above the usual "expression of frustration". It seems to have a specific role to play, and should be used in the right places lest it lose its impact.
Being out of the country for many years, then returning to the great suburban swathe, I was surprised to hear the word used casually all the time, in carparks, shopping centres, people walking past, casual conversations in public areas - I mean no one gives a f#k anymore!?(or they give plenty of f#k's?)
I'm no prude, I'm known to use it regularly, but I control it around my family, and don't swear in public or in new company etc).
Sometimes you'll hear a conversation and it's almost every 2nd word, so that's just lazy or illiterate?

Last edited:
Being out of the country for many years, then returning to the great suburban swathe, I was surprised to hear the word used casually all the time, in carparks, shopping centres, people walking past, casual conversations in public areas - I mean no one gives a f#k anymore!?(or they give plenty of f#k's?)
I'm no prude, I'm known to use it regularly, but I control it around my family, and don't swear in public or in new company etc).
Sometimes you'll hear a conversation and it's almost every 2nd word, so that's just lazy or illiterate?
Yeah gotta say on the rare occasions we come back to Australia constant swearing's something that really does stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched 6 episodes over the weekend and really enjoying it, would love to see even more of the Eagles boys but its still a great taster for what goes on. Find Simmo's approach interesting, seems to know when to encourage and when to give them a spray.

Leon Cameron looks like he has lost that playing group and poor Cogs didn't need the captaincy, should just let him play and give it to someone else.

Betts gets hilariously nervous about a lot of things but comes across as incredibly likeable, as does Sloane.

Stuart Dew is a strange cat but I'm finding their story almost the most interesting. I think he is building a good group there, he doesn't give them bullshit and they seem to respond to him. Dew probably delivered the best spray in the series in one of the their games at half time.

Richmond are a polished outfit, lot of respect for Gale and O'Neal and even some begrudging respect for Dimmer, he knows how to talk to his group, they are focussed on what he says in a way some of the other playing groups in this series are not.

Nicks seems like a nice bloke but don't reckon he will have much of a future at Adelaide on the basis of this evidence. Teague seems pretty switched on.

Watched 6 episodes over the weekend and really enjoying it, would love to see even more of the Eagles boys but its still a great taster for what goes on. Find Simmo's approach interesting, seems to know when to encourage and when to give them a spray.

Leon Cameron looks like he has lost that playing group and poor Cogs didn't need the captaincy, should just let him play and give it to someone else.

Betts gets hilariously nervous about a lot of things but comes across as incredibly likeable, as does Sloane.

Stuart Dew is a strange cat but I'm finding their story almost the most interesting. I think he is building a good group there, he doesn't give them bullshit and they seem to respond to him. Dew probably delivered the best spray in the series in one of the their games at half time.

Richmond are a polished outfit, lot of respect for Gale and O'Neal and even some begrudging respect for Dimmer, he knows how to talk to his group, they are focussed on what he says in a way some of the other playing groups in this series are not.

Nicks seems like a nice bloke but don't reckon he will have much of a future at Adelaide on the basis of this evidence. Teague seems pretty switched on.

Agree with the Suns and Dew storyline, although at 3 eps in they're in the top 4 on the ladder I think. Albeit at the expense of the Eagles included, it was good to see them winning games. Curious to see how the story unfolds when they inevitably fall away.

- Liked the dynamic of Gale and O'neal. If Gills steps down there is talk Gale is in the running and you would think he would be a good choice with his background at the Tigers.

- Teague. You can see why players would talk Teague up when he was at WC.

- Cameron & Cogs: Haha he is just an idiot the way he handled the Cogs situation. Loved how Heath Shaw had his back , would have been interesting what he said to Cogs after he got dropped. It shows him and Health ( looking pissed) talking but from a distance.

- Loved the Dew stuff at the GC. Seems to have laid the foundations to build on over the next 3-4 years with a lot of work to do. He seems to have the backing of the board and players too.

I just can't help but think elite athletes would be a little more inspired by Dew if he wasn't in such poor shape. Is that a basic point of view?

Much like I wouldn't pay to have my car detailed by someone driving around a barely running, dented up piece of shit bunky.

I just can't help but think elite athletes would be a little more inspired by Dew if he wasn't in such poor shape. Is that a basic point of view?

Much like I wouldn't pay to have my car detailed by someone driving around a barely running, dented up piece of sh*t bunky.

I'm not so sure, having played at the highest level for great coaches Dew is in a good position to impart what he has learned on them as active players. It would be different if he had no high level playing experience and was out of shape.

Much like I wouldn't pay to have my car detailed by someone driving around a barely running, dented up piece of sh*t bunky.
Know what you mean, couple of times watching him run etc..I wondered if he'd have that extra respect being in shape? It's a tricky one if he's a switched on coach in all other areas, but personally (call me ol fashion) I feel a sports coach should be in reasonable shape, for me to take seriously...but many aren't across the codes.

Last edited:
Know what you mean, couple of times watching him run etc..I wondered if he'd have that extra respect being in shape? It's a tricky one if he's a switched on coach in all other areas, but personally (call me ol fashion) I feel a sports coach should be in reasonable shape, for me take seriously...but many aren't across the codes.

I'm sure he's a solid coach for what occurs above the shoulders, but it must be a little difficult to berate your players about standards when you're rocking up to the job in that condition.

I'm sure he's a solid coach for what occurs above the shoulders, but it must be a little difficult to berate your players about standards when you're rocking up to the job in that condition.
Nah, he doesnt need to run out a game anymore whereas the players do. Hes been there , done that, won the medallion. Id say he would have had to work as hard or harder than most to stay in condition to play at AFL level so he knows whats needed. It's just he doesn't need to worry about it anymore.

Easily done for Dewy. Just tell everybody to bring their premiership medals to the next training session and it should be easy enough to work out who knows what it takes to climb the mountain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Making their Mark -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back