Mallee Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Liam Price from Hopetoun is the only under 18 player from the whole league in the pioneers squad.. good work old c o c k. can anyone tell me why corey gregg wouldnt have made it? matt elliott also? , lauldeng...[/quote]

corey gregg was closer to getting in than laim price. corey made it to the last cut, liam didnt but he has another crack at it next year i think. matt elliott is in the only mallee boy in the pioneers squad and has been playing. jacko cook is also on the ballarat rebels list but yet to play a game

See Liam Price from Hopetoun is the only under 18 player from the whole league in the pioneers squad.. good work old c o c k. can anyone tell me why corey gregg wouldnt have made it? matt elliott also? , lauldeng...

corey gregg was closer to getting in than laim price. corey made it to the last cut, liam didnt but he has another crack at it next year i think. matt elliott is in the only mallee boy in the pioneers squad and has been playing. jacko cook is also on the ballarat rebels list but yet to play a game[/quote]

Can Jackson Cook play have heard varying stories on this kids ability?

any word on how clicker clarke is going in the west, from what ive heard killing it.
the bloke could cut it WAFL level if he wanted hope to see him back for warracknabeal soon

Mate saying brett fisher is under rated and is one of the best in the league, is like saying bruce landrigan only eats lettuce, :eek:
Hey mate, sorry maybe i didn't say it right or u misunderstood, what i meant is that brett fisher is amonst the lakers best 6 or so and the lakers best 6 are amongst the best in the league.. i agree that he isn't one of the best in the league..

Well said COUNTYRYBOY Spoton.
Don't knock the players that stay or the ones that need to move because there are no jobs...The ones that stay are your backbone and its great that they stay, and down the track become successful for the club.
On that though, don't knock a club ie. W/U for recruiting 2 extra players and a coach from their last years side who so far this year are showing some success. ( where the hell else do you look. We are all small coommunities. ) Every other club has recriuted the same and its not won yet, its still early.

Calm down greyhound, no one was knocking anyone. I think its great to see players remaining loyal to their respective home town clubs i.e. L. Werner. I was simply stating that realsiticaly there isn't enough locals to support a successful football club in an area such as J/R. I agree that recuiting may be one of the possibilities for strengthening numbers at the club but as country boy said who is going to want to travel from Horsham or Stawell to play in ouyen or w/u. It might be an idea to read the posts more thoroughly before you start accusing people of "knocking".

corey gregg was closer to getting in than laim price. corey made it to the last cut, liam didnt but he has another crack at it next year i think. matt elliott is in the only mallee boy in the pioneers squad and has been playing. jacko cook is also on the ballarat rebels list but yet to play a game

Can Jackson Cook play have heard varying stories on this kids ability?[/quote]

What's your obsession with talking about him mate? he's no good.

Calm down greyhound, no one was knocking anyone. I think its great to see players remaining loyal to their respective home town clubs i.e. L. Werner. I was simply stating that realsiticaly there isn't enough locals to support a successful football club in an area such as J/R. I agree that recuiting may be one of the possibilities for strengthening numbers at the club but as country boy said who is going to want to travel from Horsham or Stawell to play in ouyen or w/u. It might be an idea to read the posts more thoroughly before you start accusing people of "knocking".

Apologies Moris, probably a little worked up after reading a rediculous statement by some Van Windgarden Loser in the North West Express about the W/U interstate Glamour superstars and pretty boys and trying to inflict a 10 mile rule that was from 1911. Forgets who helped win the flag for O/U last year....Hipocrit...Also Jonty15..excellent statement.

Jonty15 can the demons get anywhere near W/U later on in the season?? Is Corey Gregg playing at Ouyen this year??? How are you handling playing in a different club yourself?? Is the speed of the league different???

How where the games on the weekend. W/L where not far out of it on Saturday at half time, then got blown away in the second half by W/U. Ouyen pumped S/L by 8 goals. And the game of the day which I watched was Beulah v's J/R in a fought back game by Beulah winning by 4 points.

My prediction of the ladder at the end of the year is

W/U
Ouyen
Hopetoun
W/L
S/L
Beulah
J/R

Anyone else agree???

How where the games on the weekend. W/L where not far out of it on Saturday at half time, then got blown away in the second half by W/U. Ouyen pumped S/L by 8 goals. And the game of the day which I watched was Beulah v's J/R in a fought back game by Beulah winning by 4 points.

My prediction of the ladder at the end of the year is

W/U
Ouyen
Hopetoun
W/L
S/L
Beulah
J/R

Anyone else agree???
How is robert lindsay going this year??????

What happened on the weekend lads? Any upsets, injuries, reports? Any floggins? How about the juniors how did they go? Its not all about the seniors

What happened on the weekend lads? Any upsets, injuries, reports? Any floggins? How about the juniors how did they go? Its not all about the seniors

J/R cemented their position at the bottom of the ladder after losing to beulah after being 5 goals up at 3 quarter time. how was the 7am training session boys haha?

J/R has a great group of people on charge of the club and a great best 6 or so, with Clugston, Werner, Tough, the new recruits and the under-rated Brett Fisher, amonst the best in the league, but a clubs success depends on their last 6, which is something they are lacking, but with juniors getting a touch will become stronger and stronger. The trouble with J/R and alot of country clubs is that they juniors that are developing into great footballers move away to Horsham, Ballarat and Bendigo for jobs or uni. The best solution is for J/R to move into the district league, which is indeed a strong league and to keep the kids that move away after school. Because lets face it, who as a 18 or 19 year old on their P's who lives in Horsham wants to drive to ouyen for a game of footy and either get drunk and get a lift back to Rainbow (boring!) or stay sober and drive back to Horsham (also boring!) (Msg to the Rainbow people that are thinking of the town missing out on some money from the Saturday nights, whats a town without a football/netball club? Nothing, and thats the future if you don't pull your heads in and think of the future..)
i AGREE IN THAT MONEY AND LOYALTY ARE GETTING MISTAKEN FOR IN RECENT TIMES. I HAVE SEEN GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD BEING SPENT ON COUNTRY CLUBS TO GET PLAYERS JUST TO SURVIVE WHEN IN THE END IF THE CLUB FOLDS THE WHOLE TOWN SUFFERS AND THATS THE SAD PART. I THINK WE ALL NEED TO TAKE A UNITED FRONT AND SEE IF WE CAN FIND A SOLOUTION TO KEEP THE LEAUGE GOING NOT JUST FOR FOOTBALL BUT FOR COMMUNITIES AND NETBALLERS AS WELL. ITS A GREAT SOCIAL OUTLET FOR ALL FAMALIES AS WELL. AM I TAKING THINGS TO SERIOUS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i AGREE IN THAT MONEY AND LOYALTY ARE GETTING MISTAKEN FOR IN RECENT TIMES. I HAVE SEEN GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD BEING SPENT ON COUNTRY CLUBS TO GET PLAYERS JUST TO SURVIVE WHEN IN THE END IF THE CLUB FOLDS THE WHOLE TOWN SUFFERS AND THATS THE SAD PART. I THINK WE ALL NEED TO TAKE A UNITED FRONT AND SEE IF WE CAN FIND A SOLOUTION TO KEEP THE LEAUGE GOING NOT JUST FOR FOOTBALL BUT FOR COMMUNITIES AND NETBALLERS AS WELL. ITS A GREAT SOCIAL OUTLET FOR ALL FAMALIES AS WELL. AM I TAKING THINGS TO SERIOUS?
No i dont think your taking things to seriously at all. Between sport and catching up with mates at the pub (which often happens after sport or the topic of conversation is how the local tennis, footy, netball and cricket teams are going) theres not alot to look forward in the smaller country towns. i think the most realistic option and one the vcfl should have considered a few years ago when the problems were in sight not after they've arrived (similar to the way the drought has been handled), and disband all (maybe not all) leagues, and start again. draw up new areas and make people want to stay at their home club and be excited to play for them.

No i dont think your taking things to seriously at all. Between sport and catching up with mates at the pub (which often happens after sport or the topic of conversation is how the local tennis, footy, netball and cricket teams are going) theres not alot to look forward in the smaller country towns. i think the most realistic option and one the vcfl should have considered a few years ago when the problems were in sight not after they've arrived (similar to the way the drought has been handled), and disband all (maybe not all) leagues, and start again. draw up new areas and make people want to stay at their home club and be excited to play for them.

One thing I've often thought would be a show in declining population areas, was to do away with Reserves. Omeo DFL has just Seniors and Juniors. Up until approx the 1960s most country leagues had a senior team only.

Small towns pride themselves on their footy club, when they merge, a lot of soul is diluted.

I don't know you guys' league, but would it be possible that, if only seniors were mandatory, that Berri-Culgoa could still have its own club, and Sea Lake-Nandaly its own? Would Manang still have had to merge with Tooleybuc?

Maybe its just band aid treatment ... but I've always felt that the local teams should be preserved, and mergers averted, wherever possible.

Jonty15 can the demons get anywhere near W/U later on in the season?? Is Corey Gregg playing at Ouyen this year??? How are you handling playing in a different club yourself?? Is the speed of the league different???

Dunno who u think I am mate, but u could be barking up the wrong tree.. And I think ouyen could definately challange W/U, even beat them, any team with Bobby Lindsay up forward, Jarrod Munro down back and Lugga coaching and in the guts will be a handy side... I never said Ouyen didn't deserve to win last year, their 3 finals games were some of the best footy played in the Mallee for a while... Corey Gregg is in Bendigo this year I think too...

Dunno who u think I am mate, but u could be barking up the wrong tree.. And I think ouyen could definately challange W/U, even beat them, any team with Bobby Lindsay up forward, Jarrod Munro down back and Lugga coaching and in the guts will be a handy side... I never said Ouyen didn't deserve to win last year, their 3 finals games were some of the best footy played in the Mallee for a while... Corey Gregg is in Bendigo this year I think too...

would doubt ouyen can beat W/U.. they are a decent unit. would have them way out on top, with ouyen in second, then a scrap between sea lake, hopetoun and w/l for the last two finals spot.. can anyone fill us in on how japarit lost?? seemed to have it in the bag. w/l have lost beasy for the yr with knee reco.. all eyes this week to see how they shape up against sea lake.

would doubt ouyen can beat W/U.. they are a decent unit. would have them way out on top, with ouyen in second, then a scrap between sea lake, hopetoun and w/l for the last two finals spot.. can anyone fill us in on how japarit lost?? seemed to have it in the bag. w/l have lost beasy for the yr with knee reco.. all eyes this week to see how they shape up against sea lake.

i no that sea lake got a pumping from the ouyen boys but i think that they have got the army to back it up and have a go for the granny they still do not have a ruck man with there 2 ruckmans out so this has made it hard for them. they dnt get there ruckmans back for about 6 or 7 weeks so if they can stick it out they will be ok.

i no that sea lake got a pumping from the ouyen boys but i think that they have got the army to back it up and have a go for the granny they still do not have a ruck man with there 2 ruckmans out so this has made it hard for them. they dnt get there ruckmans back for about 6 or 7 weeks so if they can stick it out they will be ok.

Haha i hope your not referring to Rick Blake being sea lakes ruckman? or does he count as both ruckmen? good english by the way head down bum up... u obviously went to school in sea lake.

Haha i hope your not referring to Rick Blake being sea lakes ruckman? or does he count as both ruckmen? good english by the way head down bum up... u obviously went to school in sea lake.

hey hey mate yer i am referring to ricky blake and yer he goes good mate and also we have a couple of people injured and soon due back so yer i think we will be alrite mate and yer i cant speel who gives a ***

Can Jackson Cook play have heard varying stories on this kids ability?

What's your obsession with talking about him mate? he's no good.[/quote]

correct there Docker man, Jackson wander's around and doesn't know what to do with it when he get's it

Beasy with a knee reco hey telstra? not good!! but im sure itll take way more than that to dampen the cats spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back