Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be wrong but I think this is in cases where the club has activated the extra year of their contract. This happened with AWB but not McTom I think.

Yep, that was indeed the case that was being mentioned.

Though, Ornstein did mention that 'personal terms' with McTominay needed to be negotiated prior to his exit as well.

Yeah what a dud transfer Mount is turning out to be, I hope we sell him after this season.

I just hope that Berrada/Ashworth/Wilcox/Vivell don’t see Mount and Antony as young footballers and ones they would keep for the future because of their ages. The best squad we can put on the pitch is one that doesn’t contain the likes of Mount, Antony, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw and Rashford. What a waste of wages those 6 are.

Not bothered if he plays well for Chelsea, he may be decent, I doubt he lights it up there, but he was never playing well for us and has been a gigantic flop so very happy to see the back of him.

Slowly weeding out the duds, next cull has to be Lindelof, Maguire, Rashford, Casemiro & Eriksen.

Not bothered if he plays well for Chelsea, he may be decent, I doubt he lights it up there, but he was never playing well for us and has been a gigantic flop so very happy to see the back of him.

Slowly weeding out the duds, next cull has to be Lindelof, Maguire, Rashford, Casemiro & Eriksen.
And Antony.

Erikson and Lindelof expire next year, so will go for free's. Casemiro a certainty next year you'd think.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the Sancho deal is a Loan + Obligation to buy (he’s gone permanently) and not a Loan + Option to buy (Chelsea might not buy him), does that mean he will play against us this season since we are basically not the parent club anymore?

Because the Sancho deal is a Loan + Obligation to buy (he’s gone permanently) and not a Loan + Option to buy (Chelsea might not buy him), does that mean he will play against us this season since we are basically not the parent club anymore?
Would they just have to make that a stipulation in the contract?

Pretty decent window overall. Got rid of maybe half the deadwood or more and picked up some good replacements. Was always going to take 2 to 3 windows for Ineos to sort the shitshow left behind. A good start.

Rapt to wake up and see Sancho is gone. And on our terms with the obligation to buy rather than a straight loan.

Don't really care about the fee and I couldn't care less if he succeeds at Chelsea. He just had to go.

That was the single most important piece of business to be done in this transfer window IMO.

Overall, a terrific first window from INEOS. Didn't get everything done that we needed to, but a huge step in the right direction.

In - Zirkzee, Yoro, de Ligt, Mazraoui, Ugarte, Kone, Obi

Out - Alvaro, Donny, Greenwood, AWB, Pellistri, Hannibal, Kambwala, McTominay

Approach the next few windows with the same aggression and we'll go places.

Also...

Welcome to United, Manu Ugarte!

So happy to get this deal done. A really important one for us.

Having seen a lot of him I think we're going to love him. Plays with fire in the belly and a bit of campaigner - not dissimilar in that respect to Martinez.

It may take him time to adjust but once he does...oh boy.

INEOS have been a godsend. You just know that the previous football department would not have bought a single player they bought and if they sold the same players, they all would have been sold for a lot less, McTominay would have fetched a £12 million fee. And they would have spent the next 4-5 years loaning out Sancho every year until his contract expired and he can finally **** off for good.

I don’t care what the fake Qatari guy was promising, INEOS have been sensational in their first transfer window.

Ended up being a great window, sancho couldn't deal with eth so unsure how he'll go at Chelsea.
Maresca or whatever his name is seems like a hard nosed prick. So probably not well

INEOS have been a godsend. You just know that the previous football department would not have bought a single player they bought and if they sold the same players, they all would have been sold for a lot less, McTominay would have fetched a £12 million fee. And they would have spent the next 4-5 years loaning out Sancho every year until his contract expired and he can finally **** off for good.

I don’t care what the fake Qatari guy was promising, INEOS have been sensational in their first transfer window.

Lol. The previous football "department" was a complete fraud.

They would have spent the entire window fixated on Jarrad Branthwaite.

Would've made the official approach when the official window opened in mid-June, walked away shortly after in disgust at the quoted price.

They'd then have proceeded to do done nothing else for a month and a half, gone back in the final days with our tails between our legs and paid Everton MORE than what they initially asked for.

We then would've panicked and brought in a few Z grade 30+ year olds on loan on deadline day.

INEOS have been fantastic. And as pumped as I am about the activity in the transfer window, it's the off-field appointments that I'm more impressed with. I no longer have to put quotation marks around the words football department.

Superb transfer window. The foundation is now there for either the current or next manager to thrive.

In even better news, things will further take care of themselves soon:

Contract expirations at the end of the season:
Maguire, Eriksen, Lindelof, Evans, Heaton.

Must make champions league. Do that, Chelsea meet their obligations re Sancho, get a home for Casemiro and his wages then we'll be ripe for a biiiig window next summer, to build upon the great work done so far. The tide is turning but work still to do. If Ineos can turn this club around in 3-5 years then only Real Madrid will come close to our capacity to generate sustainable revenue and build a consistently powerful selection of squads across age groups accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back