Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope no permanent manager decision is made until the end of the season when there will be a pool of higher quality candidates available.

Stick with RVN until the end of the season or get a caretaker in for the rest of the season but no need to rush to appoint a permanent manager atm.

Woah, we want Amorim according to Orny. Discussions already underway and we will pay his release clause.

Welcome Ruben.

One important distinction to note is that in the club statement it says we will appoint a head coach and not a first team manager. Good that the structure will change.

Last edited:

The new manager only works with a new squad. Otherwise this pack of overpaid hacks will just get the manager sacked when they decide he is working them too hard. Massive clear out in January and the summer, and thank **** we aren’t going to buy ETH’s former players anymore.

Huge pressure on INEOS, they MUST nail this appointment.

Whoever it is, I’m sort of reluctant to get excited about it, until I see actual change and progress, we all know how it ends.
The new manager only works with a new squad. Otherwise this pack of overpaid hacks will just get the manager sacked when they decide he is working them too hard. Massive clear out in January and the summer, and thank **** we aren’t going to buy ETH’s former players anymore.

Both of you make good points.

For me, if Amorim can come in straight away and implement a visible, progressive playing style already with the existing squad, that to me would be a really good sign that our manager curse has finally come to an end (and that he is a really good coach).

I'm all for giving him new players in the summer but I would like to see whether he is capable enough as a coach to extract as much out of most of the existing players first and get them playing with his preferred style. Something both Klopp & Arteta did early on at their clubs. That's the barometer we should be aiming for, imo.

I reckon try being a player in an ETH system where you'll be LB one game and the next starting striker. ETH was so over the place no players could have figured out what to do, we still don't even know what his game plan was.

If the new manager they want is available now, get him. Let him work with this squad for the rest of the season so he can work out who can stay and who can go. Otherwise he comes in may/June and starts from scratch then and you basically waste next season.

Sounds like the recruitment process was in works for weeks and that, once Amorim decided he was happy to join during the season, it accelerated things. Hence, Ten Hag taken by surprise by the decision to sack him.

Fair play to INEOS, if true. Exactly the kind of ruthlessness we need and they kept everything internal until Ornstein got given an exclusive.

Sounds like the recruitment process was in works for weeks and that, once Amorim decided he was happy to join during the season, it accelerated things. Hence, Ten Hag taken by surprise by the decision to sack him.

Fair play to INEOS, if true. Exactly the kind of ruthlessness we need and they kept everything internal until Ornstein got given an exclusive.

I can't believe for one second he was surprised by it, actually yes I can, the man had an amazing level of delusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His delusion was bad enough but his arrogance was on a completely other level. He genuinely thought he was untouchable 😂

I can honestly sit here and say our worst manager since SAF. We've had managers who were very clearly at the wrong level, we've had top quality managers who simply failed with a lot of blame on the hierarchy at the time, this guy though, oh boy, constantly served up shit and tried to convince me every time is was tasty.

I'm really keen to see how a fresh set of eyes and ideas deals with this squad. I think there's a lot of talent there - can someone new bring it all together??

This is big thing for me, if a new coach can get us playing better with what we've got already that's a big positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back