Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next season, i'm expecting at least 7-8 of the bottom half teams to park the bus against us, home and away. i mean full on park the bus.
Possession is good and all but you need to make it count. We need to sign incisive players in midfield or we'll struggle. Fellaini has been great but we need a replacement for him

Di Maria said he is staying we hopefully see him return to form would be massive for us

Serious question.
How come united don't wear the home kit with black shorts anymore? (or atleast not that ive seen), I thought it used to look pretty good.

Definitely should be loaned along with Wilson. Those 2 have big futures at United but with (hopefully) more big signings expected, they'll hardly get a look in.

And agree, januzaj is more suited to the no.10 role, he is competing with Rooney, mata, Di Maria and Herrera, is last in that line.

Im expecting Wilson to play a much bigger role next season. Falcao will be gone and who knows what will happen to RVP. Not even sure he's good enough anymore. Just does have that killer instinct anymore, and the fact that he's missed so many shots he would normally have buried says it all really. He's past it. Could say on as depth or a mentor, but who knows.

Next season, i'm expecting at least 7-8 of the bottom half teams to park the bus against us, home and away. i mean full on park the bus.
Possession is good and all but you need to make it count. We need to sign incisive players in midfield or we'll struggle. Fellaini has been great but we need a replacement for him

Everytime we are on the break, we slow play down by bringing it waaaay backwards and into the centre. Is it incredibly frustrating. Don't see the point in it at all! Run at the ****ing defence, force them into errors / out of position, put them under some god damn pressure for once! How many times have we seen Fellaini in a great counter attacking position, only for him to hold up play and bring the ball back into Blind or Herrera.

Don't get me wrong, Fellaini has been decent this year, but we just cannot mount any form of effective counter attack with him playing as our CAM. He should be midfield depth next year at best. Just kills all of our creativity. Will also stop the team looking for "hit and hope" long crosses into the box.

Also interested to see what happens to Young. Keep him as depth I suppose with Mata, Depay and hopefully ADM leading the line behind Rooney. If he's not in our main plans though, I could see us cashing in on him now. Would be a rough send off considering he's come from the clouds this season, but that's football unfortunately.

We never really wear black shorts at home, sometimes in away games if there is a clash.

I remember us wearing black shorts often in the CL if im not mistaken?

FANS' PLAYER OF THE YEAR
David De Gea

97D0C9C336B443EB97E00203AE1C4F53.ashx

GOAL OF THE SEASON
Juan Mata v Liverpool @ Klanfield

3D261CB1883F4D509FAF2408283BA65A.ashx

UNDER-18S PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Axel Tuanzebe

15B4529DF5F2418A8E631DA34187E81B.ashx

U21s Player of the Year
Andreas Pereira

EB0E587298E84F01A439B4F00BF625AC.ashx

Players' Player of the Year
David De Gea:

409A174DFFAE44DA9128122002881459.ashx

Pretty telling from LvG, basically said we'll have quite a few ins and a lot of outs. More talk now that RvP and Di Maria are two that will leave.

I think we can safely say De Gea leaves. I just can't see him staying. I figured he was waiting until we were back in CL but still no contract sold and it's a huge offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Di Maria leaving unless he requests it tbh, at his best he's easily the best player in this team and there's no way we'd turn our back on him so soon IMO.

RVP will be gone, he is past it. Di Maria IMO will be gone whether he requests it or LVG tells him he has no place here.

Depay to be our new no.7

There is absolutely no chance that will happen after one season, he was one of the best players in the world 12 months a go and showed when he first arrived that he has the ability to do well here, even the best can struggle for form. United aren't a club to just give up on a player and ADM is one of the most talented players we've had in a very long time, he hasn't even had a pre season with the club yet so there's every chance he can turn this around.

Plus if we sell him we'd take a huge loss on what was a record breaking transfer for us, unless he wants to go it just makes no sense whatsoever for me.

There is absolutely no chance that will happen after one season, he was one of the best players in the world 12 months a go and showed when he first arrived that he has the ability to do well here, even the best can struggle for form. United aren't a club to just give up on a player and ADM is one of the most talented players we've had in a very long time, he hasn't even had a pre season with the club yet so there's every chance he can turn this around.

Plus if we sell him we'd take a huge loss on what was a record breaking transfer for us, unless he wants to go it just makes no sense whatsoever for me.

Be dumb business to sell him after just one season. He would have needed it to adjust. He will be better next season
I think he'll go if PSG offer him an escape which doesn't lose us anything or even gains us Cavani.

I'd take Cech if de gea goes. Keep him for 3-4 years then in the meantime invest in another promising keeper...this time from Scandinavia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back