Manic Street Preachers Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't seem to rate much of a mention on here but IMO they're a very understated group. For those who don't know much about them listen to these songs and tell me they're not class.

[YOUTUBE]v=86U7CMfA5ck[/YOUTUBE]

Autumnsong

[YOUTUBE]v=jyrJJxGWQ5g&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Your Love Alone is Not Enough

Awesome band, one of my all time favourites which all my mates find strange because I don't agree with their politics at all. Even so, their songs always thought provoking and there's always a story behind the Richey & Nicky's lyric somewhere. James & Sean also know how to write great tunes as well.

They really have to be split into pre-Richey/post-Richey era's though. Both so different in terms of style, the albums either side of his disappearance are utter brilliance. The Holy Bible is one of the most darkest, nihilistic records you'll ever hear but it drips with truth and to my mind disturbing beauty in some ways. I still think 4st 7lbs is one of the most disturbing but beautiful songs you could ever hear. Everything Must Go copes with his loss but bristles with positivity in areas - A Design For Life is an epic modern classic - but still finds the dark side as well - Kevin Carter for instance.

There have been albums that didn't quite hit the heights (Gold Against The Soul & Lifeblood IMO) and others that just seem so right for what they were trying to set out to achieve (Generation Terrorists & Send Away The Tigers). I think the Manics are one of the greatest bands of the last 20 years - criminally underrated outside the UK, but really they're a bit too smart for the rest of the world to really get IMO.

If you haven't listened to the Manics then you should definitely give at least The Holy Bible & Everything Must Go a listen. 2 awesome albums.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmVktKMrjLw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmVktKMrjLw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The Holy Bible is their best, though.

I bought their 'best of' album based purely on my love of "If You Tolerate.." (their sell out song I know)

Couldnt get into many of the other tracks at all :(

Awesome band, one of my all time favourites which all my mates find strange because I don't agree with their politics at all. Even so, their songs always thought provoking and there's always a story behind the Richey & Nicky's lyric somewhere. James & Sean also know how to write great tunes as well.

They really have to be split into pre-Richey/post-Richey era's though. Both so different in terms of style, the albums either side of his disappearance are utter brilliance. The Holy Bible is one of the most darkest, nihilistic records you'll ever hear but it drips with truth and to my mind disturbing beauty in some ways. I still think 4st 7lbs is one of the most disturbing but beautiful songs you could ever hear. Everything Must Go copes with his loss but bristles with positivity in areas - A Design For Life is an epic modern classic - but still finds the dark side as well - Kevin Carter for instance.

There have been albums that didn't quite hit the heights (Gold Against The Soul & Lifeblood IMO) and others that just seem so right for what they were trying to set out to achieve (Generation Terrorists & Send Away The Tigers). I think the Manics are one of the greatest bands of the last 20 years - criminally underrated outside the UK, but really they're a bit too smart for the rest of the world to really get IMO.

If you haven't listened to the Manics then you should definitely give at least The Holy Bible & Everything Must Go a listen. 2 awesome albums.

I only have The Holy Bible album and it's amazing.:thumbsu:

Big fan of this very under acknowledged band. I have Everything Must Go & This Is My Truth..

"If you tolerate this" is one of the best singles of the 90's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manic Street Preachers Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back