Marco Rodriguez, referee that gave Cahill red, dishes out ANOTHER ridiculous red card

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you want to run with me on a brick road (since you seem to believe he wasn't fouled and I presume by that you believe he could've stayed on his feet)? I'll be running just behind you and I'll only gently touch your foot.

How you describe diving is not my idea of it. Diving is deliberately going to ground without being fouled.

Has happened many a time. The outcome would be that you fall down and probably scrape a knee. At no point have I ever fallen down clutching my face and rolled around for 3 minutes. Also, i've never done a starfish jump with a midair twist either.

Amazing how hard it is for some to get this concept.

Again, I think you are wrong here. I understand that he tripped, and that there was (minimal) contact, which would have been enough to make him fall down. HOWEVER, I consider it a dive because he wasn't trying to make it look like he was clipped, he was trying to get a player sent off for something else completely.

What i'm trying to say is that had he just fallen down (no matter how theatrically), it would have been milking it. But, when he started rolling around and clutching his face at times, that made it an outright dive as his only reason for doing this was to deceive the referee into sending off a player, no matter how hard you are clipped your face would never hurt.

Only your definition of diving is correct? Slightly arrogant perhaps. I view the 2 no different and despise both equally.

Not meaning to be arrogant, but I'm fairly certain diving refers to the act of going to ground only (the Klinsmann move) - not the faking or exaggerating of an injury afterwards.

BarcaRulz said:
But, when he started rolling around and clutching his face at times, that made it an outright dive as his only reason for doing this was to deceive the referee into sending off a player, no matter how hard you are clipped your face would never hurt.

That's harsh. On his way to goal you could see the excitement on his face caused by the prospect of scoring his first WC goal this year. That dream was abruptly taken away from him. Understandably he got very upset and covered his face to hide his tears.

Again, I think you are wrong here. I understand that he tripped, and that there was (minimal) contact, which would have been enough to make him fall down. HOWEVER, I consider it a dive because he wasn't trying to make it look like he was clipped, he was trying to get a player sent off for something else completely.
How was he trying to get the player sent off? He had no idea who the player was. He also had no idea of the players intent, unless he has eyes in the back of his head. Now I know he is an awesome player.. but that isn't true.

So Kompany do you consider the Ivory Coast player that got "hit" by Kaka to have dived?

Yes because Kaka's "block" could never have caused the IC player to fall down like that. The IC dude clearly chose to fall to the ground.

Torres didn't - he was genuinely tripped.

if i heard correctly when then aus vs germany brodcast was on the commentators said he gave out either 16 or 26 red cards last season in the mexican league.

[YOUTUBE]Koqj0Qg2sn4[/YOUTUBE]

The only time Estrada's foot seems to clip Torres' is at 4 seconds and then immediately after that it seems his knee may have nudged the boot of Torres, but even after pausing and playing 100 times I can't be sure.

Those that have played contact sports would know straight away that torres dived. A body movement expert has even come out on the matter of the way soccer players dive and pointed out the tell tale signs. The major sign of a dive is that the chest is thrown forward and the arms thrown back. If you watch someone who is genuinely tripped you will find that the arms are thrown forward to protect the body upon landing and that they lack control of body position hitting the ground where as a diver will role.

watch videos of aussie rules players deliberatly tripped compared to soccer players diving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marco Rodriguez, referee that gave Cahill red, dishes out ANOTHER ridiculous red card

Remove this Banner Ad

Back