Opinion Mark Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha, you gotta love him, but if speaking truthfully, he needs to improve drastically. people keep saying hes a good tap ruckman. This hasn't been evident tonight, and whilst his running ability has improved, the 1st quarter confirmed he is still a clutz all over the ground.
On the brightside, West has been good around the ground, being bullied in the ruck but for a first gamer that is to be expected.

TC:eek:

hahahaha, you gotta love him, but if speaking truthfully, he needs to improve drastically. people keep saying hes a good tap ruckman. This hasn't been evident tonight, and whilst his running ability has improved, the 1st quarter confirmed he is still a clutz all over the ground.
On the brightside, West has been good around the ground, being bullied in the ruck but for a first gamer that is to be expected.

TC:eek:
He does have to improve a lot more. Few moments that make you go :eek::confused:

just finished watching the game, no wonder they didnt play him in the granny. Got spanked by the stronger port ruck.

Perhaps I can go down to geelong and rattle a few tins to get some donations for a seeing eye dog for him. See him jump early like every single time? depth perception is out the ass if u ask me.

Safe to say hes only a footballer because of his height, certainly cant play haha.

Tenace would give him a good run for his money. His disposal was nothing short of woeful tonight. :thumbsdown: Hope Prismall gets a game next week.

He's a bit of a downhill skiier - he did some good stuff early on but got worse as the game went on. I was surprised he got a game, I would have thought Pris was ahead of him, but maybe the idea was to put defensive pressure on Port and I can see why Tenace might do that better than Prissa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a bit of a downhill skiier - he did some good stuff early on but got worse as the game went on. I was surprised he got a game, I would have thought Pris was ahead of him, but maybe the idea was to put defensive pressure on Port and I can see why Tenace might do that better than Prissa.

If they wanted someone with pace to provide some defensive pressure, I'd have picked Varcoe. True, he doesn't get much of it, but when he does get it, he doesn't waste it as much as Tenace would.

Blake was useless tonight in the ruck but West!

Everytime i seen him in a ruck contest he'd be getting over powered by either Lade or Brogan or getting bumped out of the contest.
It was his debut match and he was against good ruckman in Lade or Brogan but I still think he's still got some developing to do yet and toughening up.

Everytime i seen him in a ruck contest he'd be getting over powered by either Lade or Brogan or getting bumped out of the contest.
It was his debut match and he was against good ruckman in Lade or Brogan but I still think he's still got some developing to do yet and toughening up.

West is just not a "Power Ruck". He is "only" 198cm which is short for a ruckman. He will be more in the Jeff White mold when fills out and will rely on out running the other rucks and will always struggle against bigger, stronger ruckman.

West is still under-sized for an AFL ruckman...needs to visit the same gym as Blakey.

If they wanted someone with pace to provide some defensive pressure, I'd have picked Varcoe. True, he doesn't get much of it, but when he does get it, he doesn't waste it as much as Tenace would.

Hmmmn... not completely convinced that Varcoe is much better than Tenace (or dare I say it Byrnes) right now. He seems to panic a bit when he gets the ball at times. One thing I will say for both Tenace and Byrnes is that they will back themselves (even if they often end up turning it over anyway). I think Varcoe will be a regular in the side this season though. Djekerra isn't far off either - he'll get a few games this year I think and will take a regular spot next year. Varcoe might play next week against the Dons, who have a lot of players about his age and experience level.

Just try and contradict yourself some more, ay?

I agree eliiiiza - it made me wonder if Kel was concussed at some stage tonight....

I have never been a Tenace knocker and wish he would improve but I am starting to really doubt that he can.

Going back to 2005 I used to love both Byrnes and Tenace for the way they attacked the ball and took the game on, I'm a bit disillusioned with both of them now though. Probably not as much as some others here, though!:p

West is excused, Blake is not.

Blake was shocking tonight, Lade was running around and Blakey was was too slack on a number of occasions.

Blake was slow to get rid of the ball - trying to have a shot at goal when he clearly just needed to handball it off to a small.

Not great, hopefully Ottens gets back soon.

I think letting king go was a mistake, I know blake is younger but has he got potential ? im not sure , if i had to say yes or know I would say no.

my dad was talking to his mate that works at the club today who was talking up a ruckman who is on our list and hasnt played yet and my dad cant remember his name, wasnt west or simpson, do we have a 5th ruckman ?
also why did we trade steven king of for nothing to our biggest contender for the premiership ? know they have a good ruck department and kosi can play up forward.

I was disappointed, but he is still young. He was up against the best ruck combo in the game.

West was very good on debut.

Cue Achilles coming in and bagging the shit out of Blake. Or does he save that for Bay13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back