Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
:)ENCOURAGING news from Tigerland.

I understand Mark Coughlan is really impressing pre-season and is right on track to return against the Dockers in the opening round the NAB Cup at Subiaco.

Cousins is unlikely to play, but Coughlan is considered a near certainty to return, should he suffer no more complications.

Been one of the standouts over the summer.

Promising signs for both club and player. A fit and firing Cogs would be an absolute windfall for the Tigers.

:)ENCOURAGING news from Tigerland.

I understand Mark Coughlan is really impressing pre-season and is right on track to return against the Dockers in the opening round the NAB Cup at Subiaco.

Cousins is unlikely to play, but Coughlan is considered a near certainty to return, should he suffer no more complications.

Been one of the standouts over the summer.

Promising signs for both club and player. A fit and firing Cogs would be an absolute windfall for the Tigers.
Great news Goldy. I think we've been waiting for the day Cogs would return to 100% fitness. Such a teriffic player when going well. Never seen a bloke whose about to wear a tackle, raise his arms at the last minute and dish off like he can. So good.

Yes must admit I'm very excited to hear this news. He's been hard at for 2 very draining years and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel for him. As posted above it will be a great thing for all and sundry if he gets back to his best. Fantastic player and an absolute WEAPON.

Go Cogs

Fcros.jpg

if coggs can get back to his best,will be as important to richmond as any other player on the list.
to the people who dont remember him playing, he was as important to the tigers as lids is.

coggs,foley,tuck,delidio,cousins,brown,tambling,newman,raines,jackson,hislop,thomson,edwards,connors,collins

the competition for the mids is going to become cut throaght this year & it will only push the levell higher.

Great news Goldy. I think we've been waiting for the day Cogs would return to 100% fitness. Such a teriffic player when going well.
Never seen a bloke whose about to wear a tackle, raise his arms at the last minute and dish off like he can. So good.

Voss went ok at it but I agree it warms the heart to hear this.
Cogs as an impact missile off the bench is an exciting thought

seth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if coggs can get back to his best,will be as important to richmond as any other player on the list.
to the people who dont remember him playing, he was as important to the tigers as lids is.

coggs,foley,tuck,delidio,cousins,brown,tambling,newman,raines,jackson,hislop,thomson,edwards,connors,collins

the competition for the mids is going to become cut throaght this year & it will only push the levell higher.

add johnson, cotchin, white, polo to that list

cogs at even 85% health / performance would be thrilling and great value - lets hope it works out for him (and us!)

To those who forgot - Coughlan had a better start to his career than Deledio.

As good as everyone thinks Deledio is right now (after his 4th year), everyone thought Coughlan was better at the same stage. He was automatically labelled "an elite midfielder of the comp" in the media, did better than Lids in the Brownlow and won a B+F a year earlier.

Cogs is the man.

If this works out we have got a midfielder who wouldn't look out of place in the class of Jimmy Bartel.

lets just hope he gets back to playing good footy and stay injury free. if he gets back to his best it would be a massive bonus to the club and us.

I have absolutely no valid reason but I have been thinking for a while now that Coggs will turn out to be the feel good story not ony for The Tigers but for the AFL in 2009.

2 years out, 2 knee reco's, hamstring problems but busting down the training track at the moment by all reports and for me, his first game back will be more of a buzz than Cousins' first game in yellow & black.

You're a legend Coggs...

Just imagine seeing Coughlan and Cousins out there at the opening bounce, Round 1. How good would that be.

I'm not sure if Coggs will get back to his best but tbh at the moment all I want is nothing more then to see him out there.

Hell, play him in the forward line for a few weeks.

the bottom line is this. If the 2 Cs get back to anything nearing their form prior to their layoffs, and they stay relatively healthy, we could possibly have one of, if not the best midfield brigade going around this season. Its as simple as that. ;)

I think the great thing at the moment is we have so many fit midfielders and a lot of them who are even in skill. It means we dont have to overuse players and can rotate them more and rest them if they pull up soar. This lets us keep a full squad on the park so unless we have a horror run of injuries we can maintain the quality of our midfield throughout the year

the bottom line is this. If the 2 Cs get back to anything nearing their form prior to their layoffs, and they stay relatively healthy, we could possibly have one of, if not the best midfield brigade going around this season. Its as simple as that. ;)
Why did my desk suddenly rise? :confused:

There is no reason why Cogs can't get back to his best unless he has dodgy knees. But there is no proof he does. He only did his knee once and about 10 months into the reco he slipped in the shower and scans proved that the dr didn't do the operation successfully and the knee hadn't healed. Then he had hammy problems, which is common after knee injuries. So there is a good chance he'll come back well, like many do after a knee. He was never quick by foot, so he'll rely on his ball winning ability and confidence. He never seems to take long to get back into it after a long time out. There's alot of hope in the Cogs still :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Coughlan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back