Radio Mark Fine Dedication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone remember the absolute pasting he gave Chad Cornes after one of his last games for Port?
Think it was against St.Kilda, and Chad played a defensive role on Sam Fisher.
Finey wasn't happy with Chad's tactics and absolutely barreled him for about five minutes on air. How he wasn't sued afterwards i'll never know.
It was just great entertaining radio.
Still he needs to be on twitter though.....

How about some of the classic callers? My favourites are Chris From Camberwell and that kid who follows Carlton and rings up trying to sound serious despite the fact that he's clearly about 13.

What about Tommy from Rowville, Stuart from Wandin, Cam from Mooroolbark and Mario from Doncaster?

Indifferent to Finey himself, but enjoy Finey's Final Siren as a forum for footy fans to have a rant. Especially the likes of Jim from Hawthorn, Billy from Inverloch, Wayne from Geelong, and the other regulars with their warped views. That's the true entertainment value of the program.

I also enjoy the regular callers.

Finley's Final siren is pretty good for a sunday night wine down of the week, I like he's tell it as it is attitude doesn't sit on the fence even for his team St.Kilda and a bloody good analysis of the game, respect.

Love his rants at times too would love to call him up one night to stir him on an issue just to get a rant out of him :)

I don't get why everyone hates Jim from Hawthorn. Yes he has a strong poinion but so do a lot of callers. I think some people just hate the accent
Because he comes across as an arrogant flog that knows how to rub people up the right way.

Because he comes across as an arrogant flog that knows how to rub people up the right way.

He's just an over passionate supporter who loves his Hawks and Melb Heart. He gets himself into a fizz quite often but when shut down or corrected he generally accepts it and moves on.
There's a Tiger supporter, John from somewhere, who has been calling up for the last 7+ years and gets into a v serious analysis each year on certain players, how good they'll be, how good the Tigers will be and that everyone better "look out".
Comes across as an arrogant tosser who'd bore the crap out of diehards like KFC boy..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fineys final siren is radio gold. always entertaining
This, what you see is what you get with Finey..no airs and graces, it's great to have real people hosting a radio gig, not products of our PC society.
I still lol when people call him Viney

Not a fan of FFS, really the only parts to tune into are the ones highlighted on Off the Bench, where he just loses the plot and yells perjoratives at his callers.

I've called Finey twice - but only to answer trivia questions in the TV Freak segment

He's just an over passionate supporter who loves his Hawks and Melb Heart. He gets himself into a fizz quite often but when shut down or corrected he generally accepts it and moves on.
There's a Tiger supporter, John from somewhere, who has been calling up for the last 7+ years and gets into a v serious analysis each year on certain players, how good they'll be, how good the Tigers will be and that everyone better "look out".
Comes across as an arrogant tosser who'd bore the crap out of diehards like KFC boy..
I've heard that John bloke as well. Pumps up players at Coburg continually, he pumps up Italian football as well.Funny haven't heard from Jim since early October, after Heart beat Victory. Gone pretty quiet ol' Jimmy boy

I've heard that John bloke as well. Pumps up players at Coburg continually, he pumps up Italian football as well.Funny haven't heard from Jim since early October, after Heart beat Victory. Gone pretty quiet ol' Jimmy boy

Do you remember Jim the night Richmond smashed Hawthorn? Gave a mouthful to the Hawks defence

Imagine how unbearable he'll be if we actually do make finals this year

Finey just had a massive dummy spit over kate lundys announcement, attaccking her line by line, bay13 style
Usually don't mind Mark, but he is talking drivel on this subject.
Talks about hysteria , then wants Lundy sacked.Then waffles on how the players aren't Cheats in the Armstrong cheating way , but they might have cheated a little! Like being a little pregnant perhaps?He's been Glib like a few on the station on this issue.
Lot of "AFL Media" types at SEN these days so just wonder if we're a little conflicted?

Maher was discussing Bellamys huge contract and casually slipped it that Hirdy deserves all his massive paywad because of all the crap hes putting up with right now

Yeah riight andy

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio Mark Fine Dedication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back