Remove this Banner Ad

2 Dogs

All Australian
Aug 15, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I love the way LeCras goes about his footy, and looking at some of the All Australian boards these 2 seem to be popular choices for a forward pocket choice.

Obviously LeCras has the youth advantage on his side, but who would you pick for your side in 2011?

Yep, got to go with Greeny as the better all-round player in this comparison...

lol im pretty sure you have the right to be a ball hog if u have the ability to score 12 goals a game. lecras for mine, hes only young and will end up spending stints in the middle aswell as up front next year

lol im pretty sure you have the right to be a ball hog if u have the ability to score 12 goals a game

Yeah, if we imagine a hypothetical scenario where he actually did that, I agree, he would have the right to be a ballhog in that particular hypothetical reality.

Greeny has nearly the same overall goal output, gets far more possession, tackles more effectively, wins more contested ball, takes more contested marks, contributes more inside 50s and more goal assists, and is near best on ground in each game he plays.

And he's a substantially more experienced and consistent performer too, of course.

LeCras is a valuable player for WCE, particularly given his finishing skills up forward, but in almost every facet of the game, Brad Green is better. It's that simple.

LeCras might become the better player in the future - or he might not - but Green certainly has him covered at the moment.

bradgreenvmarklecras.jpg

LeCras.

Greater output in terms of goals than Green, though a little less at times in other facets this year.

That said, he showed last year (last 5 games of the season) when playing in a more in form team and with a greater amount of time in the midfield his overall around the ground impact can match/exceed Greens.

Fact is he is far younger, has a huge ceiling for improvement (any player that can kick 12 goals in a game has a fair bit of talent) and there is a very large chance he will end up a far better player than Green given just a little time and an improved squad around him (no slight on Green).

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark LeCras vs Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back