Mark Robinson's pre-season predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only does it take a beer gut, but you have to be surley, dismiss every other opinion other than your own with contempt, and pump up your own team to the max.

Hope you had a shizen day Robbo. :thumbsu:

Have a look at the tipping tallys for the staff of the Herald Sun and The Age one day. There's like one person out of the lot who's even respectable. Most of them have less than the bloke coming last in our work comp, and he's from NSW and knows nothing about footy.

I know tipping's tough, but it just puts in perspective the opinions of 'experts' such as Sheahan and the others when they are so woeful at predicting what teams are good enough to win footy matches.

If I recollect
Essendon - top 4
Pies - spoon

what does it actually take to get a gig as a football writer besides a beer gut?

Mark Robinson absolutely hates us. He has got no respect for the Pies.

To me Mark Robinson is the worst writer in football. He always picks against us, and tipped us for the 2007 spoon. What an idiot!!

Have a look at the tipping tallys for the staff of the Herald Sun and The Age one day. There's like one person out of the lot who's even respectable. Most of them have less than the bloke coming last in our work comp, and he's from NSW and knows nothing about footy.

I know tipping's tough, but it just puts in perspective the opinions of 'experts' such as Sheahan and the others when they are so woeful at predicting what teams are good enough to win footy matches.

Well if that is the case there are a lot of people at your work who don't know much about football. I wouldn't take footy tipping as basing how much knowledge people have on the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to hearing from the "Bendigo-Barge-Arse" throughout his various media outlets through the tail end of this working week.

Robbo is walking head-line, says the most outragoues things to get noticed and get people talking. You know what it works. If we didn't have idiots like him stirring us up it would be a pretty boring game.

Yeah, most ANZAC Day matches are pretty close - irrespective of where the two teams are at form-wise. I wouldn't take too much away from the game in terms of ladder finishes except that the Dons' kids played pretty well and the Pies' kids played bloody well again and the signs for both clubs' futures are looking good.

Somehow I always manage to tip the loser of the ANAZAC Day match. What can I say, it's a talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Robinson's pre-season predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back