Naitawhoey

All Australian
Suspended
Feb 17, 2010
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
Agreed?

You must be absolutely stoked with Seabys start to his career so far. 14 possessions 22 hitouts a game. Running hard and sneaking a goal or two to boot.

• Banned
Its his hard running which is really impressive. Plugs the holes both back and forward and wins the hitouts to boot

Well i would rather have Jolly than Seaby, but the fact we have Seaby AND Mumford is important. I would rather have Seaby and Mumford than Jolly TBH.

Seaby's game against Adelaide is as about as well as we can expect him to play, and he was fantastic, but in that sense i'm not sure he will "only get better". He will be better than he was in the Richmond game (which is perhaps what you meant but i misinterpreted) but overall he will not improve a whole lot more. He will be a very solid player for us who will give about the same input every week.

Mumford is the one who will only get better. And better...and better...until he is one of the top rucks in the league.

I think it's very early days yet but I've been very impressed with seaby and mumford so far. Trading Jolly has worked out very nicely for our club.

Not saying Jolly wont work out for the Pies but at the moment he is struggling. For the swans Jolly would run forward and kick goals and get back to help out in defence. I'm sure its the change in game plan that just taking Jolly a while to get used.

Jolly was, for the most part, a product of our system. Coming up from the Dees, he had shown a bit but wasn't an overly special talent. The Swans can generally get top shelf play from it's ruckman. Jason Ball was excellent at the Swans, and he wasn't in his prime then. Jolly will obviously improve asa Pie (he can't really get any worse than the last 3 rounds) but he won't reach the same heights there as he did in the red and white!

It was funny on the Pies site after the game on Friday there was quite a bit of bitching and moaning about Jolly, and how Roos had "tricked" them into giving a first round pick etc. Still early in the season, and we know good was for us, but so far things have worked pretty well for us.

Wow! I've been agreeing a lot lately with Eagles supporters. Thats scaring me. :p

Jolly is a flog! Seaby had a quietish game against Richmond, but, he'll only get better, where has Jolly has had 3 quiet games. lol
Can I ask, why was that. Seemed his hit outs were down and his general disposals were low. I know he wont set the world on fire every week but did it look like he picked up a niggle or something?

As for pinching goals, I always thought Seabs was reliable in front of goals. His disposal is far better than three quarters of the current WC team:mad::mad::mad:

Can I ask, why was that. Seemed his hit outs were down and his general disposals were low. I know he wont set the world on fire every week but did it look like he picked up a niggle or something?
Don't think so. Seemed like he was working hard, saw him at a lot of contests just wasn't getting his hands on the ball. Mumford may have got a bit more game time maybe? He certainly got more of the ball this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think so. Seemed like he was working hard, saw him at a lot of contests just wasn't getting his hands on the ball. Mumford may have got a bit more game time maybe? He certainly got more of the ball this week.

Mumford definitely got more time this week than Seabs did. Why i'm not sure. Perhaps the coaches wanted to give Mummy more time against a below par ruck division to give him some confidence. Perhaps.

Jolly over Seaby for sure I take it we are just having fun at Jolly's expense since he left the club but Seaby has played three games for us and has nothing on Jolly. I hope all that changes but I doubt it. Jolly was extremely reliable in front of goal and had some major hit outs to advantage.

Did see that he was starting to slow up towards the end of last year so it all might be a blessing but as bitter taste as he's left he was pretty good as Jason Balls back up and eventual number one ruck roll for his Swans tenure. I don't wish him the riches of further premiership success but am greatful for his time as a Swan.

I'm very happy that Seaby is doing well. The guy can seriously play. He just needed to make the position his own. The move to Sydney has given him the opportunity to do so.

Wish Sydney and Seaby all the best for the remainder of the year. :thumbsu:

In all seriousness, no

I'd take jolly over seaby

now that may just be because being in WA I saw a fair bit of seabs at West Coast and was not overly impressed, especially when he couldnt crack a game last year with cox being injured, and I thought we overpaid for him in the trade.

However on the otherhand I have been pleasently surprised by his opening 3 games for the swans, he is definitely working hard and has looked great in some of his chasing and tackling pressure, also his disposal by foot has been pretty good as well.

So for the moment i'd go jolly > seaby easily, just based on what jolly used to contriibute to the team, however if seaby can keep his current efforts up for the season, I may just rethink that.

Ahh.. How quickly we forget. He was an integral part of our Premiership side so he will always be remembered for that. I was dark on him as well when he went but he is a pretty good ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Seaby > Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back