Remove this Banner Ad

Tyberious Funk

Premiership Player
May 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
19 disposals, 21 hit outs, 2 goals.

Not a bad effort. I wouldn't say he's been sensational for the swans, but he's been a very good pickup for a very cheap price. Good luck to the guy. But with Cox really struggling with fitness, I kinda miss him :(

Roos seems to have a knack for taking cheap discards from other clubs and turning them into handy players. How come we can't do similar?

We take youngsters and turn them into guns, cousins, judd etc

The swans take mature players and they seem to become better players at the club.

it was always going to happen.

he's a quality ruckman, when he's given game time and the no.1 ruck role he always thrived.

wins hitouts, takes contested marks and kicks well. he will offset the loss of jolly.

we hardly ever take cheap discards from other clubs, not really our style. we tend to look to the draft if we're given the choice.

Seaby has been most impressive at Sydney but let's be honest here. I watched him parade around in the WAFL with West Perth and he showed no signs of the form he is displaying now with the Eagles or the Falcons.

It seems the confidence Roos and Sydney has instilled in him is being repaid through 2 rounds.

Was an absolute certainty to become a good ruckman at another club given the chance at number one ruck, despite what some very fickle supporters thought. Amazing what opportunity does!

(127 DT points thank you very much!:D)

Still cant believe some people rated Warnock higher when they were both up for trade.

Always played well when leading the ruck. A no brainer for DT selection.

I also talked him up a lot during the 2008 trade week but people shot me down. I bet Carlton and Richmond fans are wishing they listened to me.

I also talked him up a lot during the 2008 trade week but people shot me down. I bet Carlton and Richmond fans are wishing they listened to me.
Or Port Adelaide fans given the developing ruck stocks we have behind Brogan. Retrospect is a wonderful thing.

Not so much the fans as the recruiters maybe;)

Seaby has been most impressive at Sydney but let's be honest here. I watched him parade around in the WAFL with West Perth and he showed no signs of the form he is displaying now with the Eagles or the Falcons.

It seems the confidence Roos and Sydney has instilled in him is being repaid through 2 rounds.

Sorry WA Power but that is bullshit, he was terrific for West Perth last year.

Just ask Bill Monahan who was effusive in his praise, after many of his games last year.

His 2008 form for West Perth was shit but turned it around last year, big time.

I said the same thing to Pav for AA last year, who kept saying he would never play AFL again last year.

He was another who made his thoughts on his 2008 WAFL form forgetting his turn around in 2009.

Forgot to add Warnock is a pea heart and would back Seaby over him any day.

Pretty sure I was one. I had a few exchanges with Eagles fans saying that Seaby was well worth pick 22. Sorry 'bout that.:eek:

Seriously though, i was breathing fire when Sydney recruited him and my opinion didn't change over the preseason or the intraclubs but, uh...

I might have been wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ask Bill Monahan who was effusive in his praise, after many of his games last year.

I said the same thing to Pav for AA last year, who kept saying he would never play AFL again last year.

He was another who made his thoughts on his 2008 WAFL form forgetting his turn around in 2009.

Bill Monahan was my maths teacher in yr12. Good bloke, was an outstanding fullback for Subi at the time...

Seaby has always been a quality ruckman not as good as Cox or NicNat but certainly not a spud, worth only a 4th rounder as some around here suggested.

Probably better in the long run for his own career to move on.

I disagree in the games that I saw but hey, we all see the world through a different set of glasses don't we.

Or Port Adelaide fans given the developing ruck stocks we have behind Brogan. Retrospect is a wonderful thing.

I remember being on the Port and Sydney boards trying to defend Seaby. Half a whisker away from being red carded for just sudgesting you blokes pick him up! haha was always going to come good he was.

I didnt pick him up for SC because he burnt me last year got Clark instead who has been woefull. Having Naita as my second ruck makes it slightly better.

I remember being on the Port and Sydney boards trying to defend Seaby. Half a whisker away from being red carded for just sudgesting you blokes pick him up! haha was always going to come good he was.

I didnt pick him up for SC because he burnt me last year got Clark instead who has been woefull. Having Naita as my second ruck makes it slightly better.
Suffice to say I would have been one of the vocal crowd shooting you down no doubt. Clearly you saw something in him that I didn't. I'm not afraid of saying I was wrong and Seaby has certainly shown the early season form to suggest he will be a player with Sydney. The combination of Seaby and Mumford looks like being a very good one.

Next time you feel like sending a ruckman Port Adelaide's way feel free to bodazoka ;).

No surprises that Seabs is doing well, hope he continues that form. Just tough luck for him being behind the best ruckman in the competition, and then having Naitanui appear and start the way he has.

Always thought he played well for us when he was given opportunities to be the main ruckman.

Can just see him going forward and kicking 2 telling goals against us when we play them.

For those saying we need him now as Cox is unfit, we didn't even play him last year when Cox was unable to play at all & Naitanui had played a handfull of games.

Now that Cox is able to breathe unaided he's getting a run & Naitanui is a veteran of 12 games so we're set.

Most eagles fans knew Seaby was able to hold his own when given a decent stint. Was hard for him as Cox was playing a very high % of game time.

Port would have done well to get him. Brogan will be spent by years end if he doesn't get a little help.

Seaby really struggled with being the 2nd ruck. He is very much a rythym player, he needs time to build his rythym which he just couldn't get pinch hitting off the bench for 5 minutes.

Go back to 2005 and 2006 and he was more than servicable as a back up, in fact he really shone in some games. Same thing happened whenever Cox was out and he assumed the number 1 mantle.

He has settled well in Sydney last I heard from him but I am sure he will be back in WA post career. I almost hope he DOESN'T play 100 for Sydney because I want to always think of him as a Coaster, he was born and bred on WCE so it is almost a shame he didn't play out his career here!

Seaby really struggled with being the 2nd ruck. He is very much a rythym player, he needs time to build his rythym which he just couldn't get pinch hitting off the bench for 5 minutes.

Go back to 2005 and 2006 and he was more than servicable as a back up, in fact he really shone in some games. Same thing happened whenever Cox was out and he assumed the number 1 mantle.

He has settled well in Sydney last I heard from him but I am sure he will be back in WA post career. I almost hope he DOESN'T play 100 for Sydney because I want to always think of him as a Coaster, he was born and bred on WCE so it is almost a shame he didn't play out his career here!
Really? I thought he was from SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Seaby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back