Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was one that questioned his elevation, especially after so many rookies impressing this year.

But the last three weeks he has well and truly taken his opportunity in light of Toovey going down.

Quick, tenacious, can defend above his head and offered some very good things offensively tonight. He has also clearly been working hard on his kicking because it has definitely improved since last year.

Made a lot of good decisions and rarely wasted a disposal, he brings some aggression and is a much better defensive option than Maxwell going forward.

A small defender with a bit of grit, about time. His disposal has been fine in the last few weeks, which most people on here seemed to be worried about.

Puts Clarke to shame down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's worked on his kicking. Seems to be more accurate and/or more damaging.

Not sure why people are surprised at his ability to defend. He's got bulk, he's got toe, he's got composure in congestion, he's got a bit of aggro and he has slotted in without letting anybody get a hold of him since day dot last year.

Sure he's had his off-field issues, but I don't think he comprehensively lost a match up last year and it seems to be continuing this year.

Good on him.

bit of grit, happy with it. Don't care if he barely touches the ball just shut out your opponent.

Needs to continue to work on his kicking but otherwise a positive tonight

I always her that saying but have no idea what it means. do tell please.

great thread, i was one of the few that thought he should have played since the saints game. defender job is to firstly defend, thats what he does so well.

Half a dozen is the same as 6 of 1 just worded diff. Either way you end up with 6.

So he is saying johno and williams give you the same game just different names.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back