Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been very critical of his disposal previously, but he's playing within himself of late as shown by his recent almost 1 kick for every 2 handballs ratio.

If he can build on that and get the ball into the hands of more effective users like Shaw, Seedsman and Oxley while at the same time maintaining his defensive rage he'll flourish. The only caveat to that is its a lot easier to farm the ball out to more effective players against weak opposition. As much as he's come on in the past month I personally wouldn't like him getting it 19 times against Hawthorn or Sydney.

Positive signs all the same though :thumbsu:

Marley has always been a tough nut, hard at it, with an ability to find his own footy.

The big question mark early on has been his disposal, I am extremely happy to notice a big improvement in this area in the last couple of weeks since he's come back into the team.

Not sure why a lot of people talking up his improvement in terms of disposal. He went at 63% disposal efficiency yesterday and from what I saw with my own eyes, his disposal (especially kicking) was horrible. Also against a side like Melbourne, with little pressure, that is even worse.

However, I admit he did his defensive job extremely well. Almost like a Toovey clone and that is a massive compliment from me as Tooves is in our top 5 most improtant players. However he is like tooves not only in terms of his role but also his disposal.

Not sure his role long term when Tooves comes back next year as can we afford to play them both with poor skills. We really need as few players as possible with poor skills in our side. Maybe against sides with a small forward line like Carlton or St kilda. However he is a certainty for the rest of this year with Tooves out.

Very well done Marley but please do not kick it, if possible

Not sure his role long term when Tooves comes back next year as can we afford to play them both with poor skills. We really need as few players as possible with poor skills in our side. Maybe against sides with a small forward line like Carlton or St kilda. However he is a certainty for the rest of this year with Tooves out.

Toovey was awful with the footy, but I reckon that he's become pretty tidy and the combination of the dash he often generates before disposing I think that he is becoming damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marley Williams, kickin ass!!

Seriously a good footballer right now.

Who will he play on next week??

Hawks have an amazing forward line. Can't see us winning... but at least now we're beginning to have the players to actually play on these guys. Keeffe/brown to Buddy/Roughead... Maxwell to Hale? Then there is Lewis (PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE don't put Shaw on him!!!)... Gunston, Puopolo, Smith, Bruest, Rioli, Savage.... They are just a team full of goal kickers... like us in 2011.

Also, will be a test for our new forward structure... How do we negate Gibson? Do we get Caff to tag a Guerra or someone on half back instead of a mid? Like vs Hanley?
Hawks having Lake is annoying, cause he is always good against us.

Anyone else feel like having sex with Marley Williams......?

..?

No?

So just me then. Ok, all good.

Nah wont go that far. Probably not even close. ;)
But the kid is a ripper. Zaharakis last week & Mcglynn this week are his latest victims.

Who will he play on next week??

Hawks have an amazing forward line. Can't see us winning... but at least now we're beginning to have the players to actually play on these guys. Keeffe/brown to Buddy/Roughead... Maxwell to Hale? Then there is Lewis (PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE don't put Shaw on him!!!)... Gunston, Puopolo, Smith, Bruest, Rioli, Savage.... They are just a team full of goal kickers... like us in 2011.

Also, will be a test for our new forward structure... How do we negate Gibson? Do we get Caff to tag a Guerra or someone on half back instead of a mid? Like vs Hanley?
Hawks having Lake is annoying, cause he is always good against us.

Ask me again once the euphoria has gone away!!
Next week..Pfft, I'm still enjoying, remember the Blooze lost to the Dogs today.

Oh happy day!

Racking up some impressive scalps, just appears to be such a tough and hard footballer who also has a bit of toe and mobility. Really playing very good football now.

Ask me again once the euphoria has gone away!!
Next week..Pfft, I'm still enjoying, remember the Blooze lost to the Dogs today.

Oh happy day!

Yeah, that has actually iced the cake sooooooooo well. Blues no finals for 2nd year straight even under their $1 million a year coach??? Tutt tutt.

Yeah, that has actually iced the cake sooooooooo well. Blues no finals for 2nd year straight even under their $1 million a year coach??? Tutt tutt.

Spitey Malty!

Gee I hate that prick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back