Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

losing to norf must have hit him really hard... go well duz, brought the club so much

but **** the campaigner played 13 games this season and the team didn't let him sing the song a single time

if he wants to stay away from the spotlight forever and it means i never hear about him again i'm happy with that

I am sad and teary-eyed writing this. I think we knew this was coming but it’s sad nonetheless.

Dusty, you have been an absolute god-send to our club and I thank you for everything you have done and achieved. Bloody champion. 🖤🖤🖤

I despaired of ever seeing another flag in my lifetime (I’m 65) but you helped deliver 3 and I will be forever grateful. I wish you nothing but good things in your life and hope you have a long and happy one.

And to all you flogs in the media, you can all go and bugger off. You knew jack shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sad and teary-eyed writing this. I think we knew this was coming but it’s sad nonetheless.

Dusty, you have been an absolute god-send to our club and I thank you for everything you have done and achieved. Bloody champion.

I despaired of ever seeing another flag in my lifetime (I’m 65) but you helped deliver 3 and I will be forever grateful. I wish you nothing but good things in your life and hope you have a long and happy one.

And to all you flogs in the media, you can all go and bugger off. You knew jack shit.
I’m the same Freddy 65 as well saw the glory days 60-70s and he made it complete

Hitting me harder than I thought it would. Part of me really wishes he retired at the 300th or pushed on for another game at the G, but it's hard to say this isn't in character for a superstar who never liked the limelight. Thanks for everything Dusty, all the best for whatever comes next.

As an aside a massive FU to the media who ran the gold coast story into the ground and hounded him for the whole year, meaning that it would have been hard for him to get any enjoyment out of this year. Am also pretty annoyed at Hardwick and to a lesser extent cotchin for their part in contributing to these stories. I agree with what caro was saying on footy classified the other week that Hardwick should have just said that he's a legend of Richmond and that gold coast aren't interested in him. Beyond the story aspect he was never going to be a good footy fit anyway. None of this affects his legacy it's just a shame that this cloud was hanging over his last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back