Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

thank you jordan mcmahon for beating the demons to give us Dusty

I’ve watched both my girls get born. Witnessing the miracle of life unfold right in front of my eyes. Watching Martin fend off half the Geelong side including danger and kick that snag in the last quarter of the 2020 GF trumps both of those experiences and I like to share this with my family on a daily basis. I feel that, although disappointed, they completely understand my position

Huge news - Dustin Martin has announced his retirement effective immediately.
Will be greatly missed, but it was the right decision to ensure his legacy at the Richmond Football Club.
No Dusty - no 3 premiership flags in 4 years, he was truly a once in a lifetime player for the club, so proud to have watched his whole career play out 😀 🐅
No doubt, one of the best players I have ever watched pulled on the famous yellow & black guernsey & that is saying something when you think of all the great Tiger players that have represented this club during it’s proud history.
Enjoy retirement champ, you have well & truly earned it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussie Rules Finals GIF by AFL

Richmond Tigers Celebrations GIF by AFL

:hearts: :'(

The 2017 Brownlow Medallist and three-time Norm Smith Medal winner bows out as one of the greatest players of the modern era.

Martin’s retirement is effective immediately.

“It is hard to put into words what the Richmond Football Club means to me, I love this place so much," Martin said in a club statement.

“I will be forever grateful for the love and the support I have received from the people here.

“To my teammates, the brotherhood that we all share is what I value most as well as the bond with the staff and coaches… thank you to all of you.

“To my family and friends thank you for your unconditional love and support.

“To the Tiger Army, I have always felt so loved and supported throughout my career and for that I will be forever grateful. The memories that we have created together will live with me forever. Thank you.”

I’m crying right now. Thank you Dusty for everything you gave to the club and its supporters. You are the GOAT in my eyes and I hope that is recognized in the years to come.

You not only battled opposition players but also the media. You did it your way and leave without giving those media pricks the chance to railroad your ending. Well done sir 👏

Thank you Dusty, from the bottom of my heart ❤️

Time to go make mini Dusty’s.

I cant believe it, no farewell

surely he couldve been rested till the last game against the gold campaigners for a farewell game at the G

even I wouldve attended that

havent attended since the 2019 grand final (proudly so)

Was never going to happen, I'm surprised he let us know he was retiring during the season, I thought he would do it after the season.

Sensational footballer and an ornament to the game. Future legend of the AFL HOF.

2017, there has never been a more dominant year from an individual. He was absolutely ridiculous.

Congratulations on a legendary career. 👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back