Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant believe it, no farewell

surely he couldve been rested till the last game against the gold campaigners for a farewell game at the G

even I wouldve attended that

havent attended since the 2019 grand final (proudly so)
His 300th was his farewell Groupie_ , you could hear it in his speech at the end of the match when he thanked the Club and his fans. What an honour it was to see this guy play! GOAT. 😿

Pretty sad there is still so many people out there that believe he will be playing at Gold Coast next year. Still drinking the crap that the so-called media shovel us, this has been his whole 15 year career of rumours regarding Dusty.

Can't even celebrate the career he had and all the special moments he gave us.

Get in the bin haters.

GIF by Tiffany

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant believe it, no farewell

surely he couldve been rested till the last game against the gold campaigners for a farewell game at the G

even I wouldve attended that

havent attended since the 2019 grand final (proudly so)
He farewelled in the most Dusty way possible.

Everyone attended his 300th wondering it would be the last.

But no, he would play again - he doesn't want the fanfare.

His farewell game was the way he wanted to go, just playing footy without the attention.

Positive vibes only - he's had enough from the media.

Wish him nothing but the best for his future.

I am sad and teary-eyed writing this. I think we knew this was coming but it’s sad nonetheless.

Dusty, you have been an absolute god-send to our club and I thank you for everything you have done and achieved. Bloody champion. 🖤🖤🖤

I despaired of ever seeing another flag in my lifetime (I’m 65) but you helped deliver 3 and I will be forever grateful. I wish you nothing but good things in your life and hope you have a long and happy one.

And to all you flogs in the media, you can all go and bugger off. You knew jack shit.
Yep it really does show elements of the football media up for the scumbags they are. Dusty was loyal to the end and gave them nothing. So they had to make shit up about him, all of which he proved wrong. Champion on and off the field.

Even if he's not playing, hopefully he has a farewell in the last round.

Hoping for a chance to say thank you to Dusty, Grimes and even B.Ellis at that last game

remember dumma retired and then 6 weeks later announced gold campaigners
That's just not true and I wish people here would stop saying it. Dimma did us a huge favour. We were going nowhere with him at the helm, he was out of ideas for that squad and he knew it was time for him to leave and let us refresh after an amazing era.

It was never six weeks that's just absolute BS.

If you know anything about burnout and the damaging effects it has on you and the people around you you'd stop this toxic narrative and just let the dust settle on an incredibly successful coach who gave everything he had to us until the tank was empty.

Wow, what sad news, thanks for all the memories!

Especially, three big memories!

The Gold Coast game might just be the biggest crowd Gold Coast has played in front of. Fitting and nice that Hardwick is involved in his final game.

EDIT: I just read it’s effective immediately :( thanks for all the memories!

Wow, what sad news, thanks for all the memories!

Especially, three big memories!

The Gold Coast game might just be the biggest crowd Gold Coast has played in front of. Fitting and nice that Hardwick is involved in his final game
Dusty won’t be playing. Lap maybe but won’t play for Richmond again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back