Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Dusty playing in some local league 😂

Will never happen as much as he probably would love to.
lol there is already footage of him apparently playing last Sunday😂 it just never ends.
He was dead serious when he said he wanted to play with his cousins but I agree I think his playing days are done!

That terribly sad feeling i have when i witness our truly great players retire and depart Tigerland is back again with a vengence. From my childhood idol Billy Barrot, the unquestionable greatest player of his era Royce Hart and the so many others i've seen go over the years to become the life-long Richmond memory for me. Now its Dusty. Dusty the GOAT, Dusty the one who all of us living Tiger supporters owe everything to for dragging us out of mediocrity, ridicule and insignificance and into the era of three premierships, club power and opposition fear and loathing. Goodbye Dusty, it truly was a blessing to have you play for our wonderful club. CARN THE TIGERS

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have had some devastating finals players such as Royce Hart, Kevin Bartlett but Dustin Martin was on another level.

My favourite commentator remark concerning Dusty was by James Brayshaw

' another finals that Dusty is ripping apart'.

300 plus games for the Mighty Tigers
Brownlow Medallist
Jack Dyer Medallist
Two time Gary Ayers medallist
Triple Premiership Player
Triple Norm Smith medallist............ Dusty stands alone.

They should be melting the bronze for his statue at Tigerland as we speak.

Few things to note from the press conference. Someone finally noted that whilst gale was talking up our future, that this time next year gale will be working against us.. so it’s hard to listen to gale say we’re on the right path etc when he isn’t invested.

Also when asked whether dusty would be an attractive option to bring to Tassie in whatever capacity gale said they will cross that bridge when the time comes. Strange answer…
And finally he took a long time to answer the question of when he found out that dusty would retire when finally admitting it was over the course of the weekend.

Why not just be honest and say you’ve known for a coupla weeks or months or whatever it is.
Why not be honest and say you will try and get dusty to help at Tassie in a role, instead of this spin.
Why not be honest and say you’re not invested in the future of the club anymore instead of reeling off these hopes and dreams for our future.

I would love some honesty from the club in this down period instead of just useless spin.

Say we are in for some pain while we hit the draft but we still will aim to be competitive.
Say we are gonna lose a lot of experience this off season and there could be
Another season or 3 of development

It’s a strange time at tiger land

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one hurts as much as Richo... An absolute champion of the game and a future legend of the AFL and the RFC.

A silent, humble champion who let his football do the talking for him and shied away from the fame, media and spotlight that came from being arguably the games greatest ever finals player.

Thank you for the ride, the memories and happiness you brought to this tiger tragic and the hundreds of thousands of members od the Tiger Army.

May you now find peace and balance in your life out of the spotlight, with your family and friends. You deserve it, mate.

I wish you all the best! 🐯🖤💛

Saddest day since the great man Richo retired.
Glad he stayed a one club great.
Thank you Dusty.
Yep… and what happened when our much loved Richo retired? Who waltzed in? And wow what a time we had!
Now it’s his turn to swing the door open for the next GOAT!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back