Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou Dusty, doesn’t really cut it… just incredible member of our Premiership team. Has bought so much joy to AFL but particularly us Tigers. Go well & enjoy all that you do post Footy!!!

Even though we all saw it coming (apart from those who believe the media's Dusty to Gold Coast bullshit), it's hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

Greatest Tiger player I've seen.
Greatest player I've seen. Period.
Most selfless player I've seen.

Watching the great man's career has been an honour and a privilege and there is no way any words can do justice to the enjoyment and sheer ecstasy that his freakish and imperious performances have given me.

Thank you champ.

And to the media, go f**k yourselves you pathetic, lying, dickless wonders.

To the Richmond members/supporters who are older than I am (55), I didn't see Hart play and only caught the tail end of KB (1977-83). So, Dusty’s THE man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though we all saw it coming (apart from those who believe the media's Dusty to Gold Coast bullshit), it's hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

Greatest Tiger player I've seen.
Greatest player I've seen. Period.
Most selfless player I've seen.

Watching the great man's career has been an honour and a privilege and there is no way any words can do justice to the enjoyment and sheer ecstasy that his freakish and imperious performances have given me.

Thank you champ.

And to the media, go f**k yourselves you pathetic, lying, dickless wonders.

To the Richmond members/supporters who are older than I am (55), I didn't see Hart play and only caught the tail end of KB (1977-83). So, Dusty’s THE man.

Same age as you mate ('Ol 55) and fully concur with every word.

Players to win the Brownlow🏅& Norm Smith🏅in Career

Dustin Martin (4)
Brownlow: 2017
Norm Smith: 2017, 2019 & 2020

Chris Judd (3)
Brownlow: 2004 & 2010
Norm Smith: 2005

Greg Williams (3)
Brownlow: 1986 & 1994
Norm Smith: 1995

Jimmy Bartel (2)
Brownlow: 2007
Norm Smith: 2011

Simon Black (2)
Brownlow: 2002
Norm Smith: 2003

Nathan Buckley (2)
Brownlow: 2003
Norm Smith: 2002

James Hird (2)
Brownlow: 1996
Norm Smith: 2000

Martin - the only player to win both medals in the same year - 2017

Players to win the Brownlow🏅& Norm Smith🏅in Career

Dustin Martin (4)
Brownlow: 2017
Norm Smith: 2017, 2019 & 2020

Chris Judd (3)
Brownlow: 2004 & 2010
Norm Smith: 2005

Greg Williams (3)
Brownlow: 1986 & 1994
Norm Smith: 1995

Jimmy Bartel (2)
Brownlow: 2007
Norm Smith: 2011

Simon Black (2)
Brownlow: 2002
Norm Smith: 2003

Nathan Buckley (2)
Brownlow: 2003
Norm Smith: 2002

James Hird (2)
Brownlow: 1996
Norm Smith: 2000

Martin - the only player to win both medals in the same year - 2017

Terrible I’d trade them all in for Gold Coast Best & Fairests and AAs 🤣

Terrible I’d trade them all in for Gold Coast Best & Fairests and AAs 🤣

As good as Ablett was and we all know that he was a GOAT....he doesn't have a Norm Smith medal to his name.

Really he should of stayed at Geelong, his Finals record/reputation could of been further enhanced, not winning Best & Fairest's at Gold Coast in their early years when he was well and truly the Big Fish in a small pond.

As good as Ablett was and we all know that he was a GOAT....he doesn't have a Norm Smith medal to his name.

Really he should of stayed at Geelong, his Finals record/reputation could of been further enhanced, not winning Best & Fairest's at Gold Coast in their early years when he was well and truly the Big Fish in a small pond.
Yep he sold out for sure....

I stand by the opinion that Dusty is the sliding doors moment of GAJ.

Instead of going to GC/North for money and H&A awards he stayed and became a 1 club player with more flags and finals awards. That’s what makes him a bigger Legend.

Dusty would not be considered as great as he is now if he went to North to rot. Doubt he’d even be considered as good as L Neale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back