Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Pulled out my old signed jumper. Dusty was the last active player, signed it when he would’ve been 22 or so. Sigs include Tommy hafey, Neville Crowe Deledio, rance, Richo, Shane tuck and of course dusty

Attachments

• IMG_6065.jpeg
    IMG_6065.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
Even though we all saw it coming (apart from those who believe the media's Dusty to Gold Coast bullshit), it's hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

Greatest Tiger player I've seen.
Greatest player I've seen. Period.
Most selfless player I've seen.

Watching the great man's career has been an honour and a privilege and there is no way any words can do justice to the enjoyment and sheer ecstasy that his freakish and imperious performances have given me.

Thank you champ.

And to the media, go f**k yourselves you pathetic, lying, dickless wonders.

To the Richmond members/supporters who are older than I am (55), I didn't see Hart play and only caught the tail end of KB (1977-83). So, Dusty’s THE man.
I'm just under 70 Hoos, and I have posted before that Royce was the greatest tiger I had seen up until around 2018. I then changed my mind and Dusty is not just the greatest Tiger I've seen (in my opinion), but the greatest player I've seen. He came along at just the right time for this great club, and put us back where we belonged. The GOAT.

Last edited:

Disappointing Hawkins announced his retirement the same day.
What a Geelong stuff up.
Tom Morris says Dustin is the greatest grand final player of all time.
The final game will be versus GC in the final round, so turn up.

It was odd timing. I assume they had it all planned, heard the Dusry news then were too proud as a club to just push out the Hawkins announcement for another day.

It's funny because the guy who avoids the spotlight gets all the attention and then the club that is constantly pushed by the league as being bigger than they are, are a total afterthought.

This is a genuine question and I'm not looking to get into arguments, but why are people so sure that Dusty won't go to the Gold Coast?
Hey could go as an assistant coach or whatever, but not as a player. The AFL ruled that out for 'retired' players some time back.

Was it Mal Michael who tried that trick?

Pretty sure i’m just gonna do a Dusty binge this weekend.
I'll be doing the same. Probably every night as soon as Mrs Hoos crashes out on the couch, lol.

This is a genuine question and I'm not looking to get into arguments, but why are people so sure that Dusty won't go to the Gold Coast?
Personally, I can't think of a valid reason why he would. I'm sure they would expect him to perform some sort of ambassadorial role, which wouldn't be something he'd like I would have thought. But most of all, I think he's body has had enough. He's hit the wall. I honestly believe if he truly thought he could go again then he'd go again at Richmond.

Tom Morris says Dustin is the greatest grand final player of all time.
The final game will be versus GC in the final round, so turn up.
You know he won't be playing don't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reading the tributes on here to Dusty are enough to make a grown man cry. Don't have the words to describe his contribution to the RFC let alone the game itself.

I think the number 4 for me will trigger his memory forever, I hope the great man finds his niche after football, don't think we will see much at all from him moving forward but he deserves his privacy and a future out of the limelight.

Will be remembered as a legend of the game and I will be the first to tell my grandkids and their kids that I was privileged to see him play in person, a generational talent.

Farewell Dusty and thanks for allowing us all to join you for such a fantastic journey over the last 14 years

Hey could go as an assistant coach or whatever, but not as a player. The AFL ruled that out for 'retired' players some time back.

Was it Mal Michael who tried that trick?
Yeah fair play, but I thought he could easily do what hodge did. I just know that Dimma is as shifty as it comes and wouldn't surprise me if he's pulling a lot of strings.

just starting to kick in now that he wont ever wear the yellow and black ever again

200w.gif

Yeah fair play, but I thought he could easily do what hodge did. I just know that Dimma is as shifty as it comes and wouldn't surprise me if he's pulling a lot of strings.
Yeah, but I think Dusty is all class. Too much class to fall for Dimma's crap.

How lucky we have been to witness his entire career. Just an absolute champion and without a doubt a huge reason for us winning our 11th, 12th and 13th flags.

I don't really have the words to describe how grateful I am to have watched him and what he has done for our club. We were a basket case for most of my life and I had come to grips with the fact we'd never win a flag in my lifetime (80 didn't count as I was in my first year of life!) but then we all know what happened.

Thank you Dusty for everything you've given us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back