Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Bro, what part of "retired" are you not understanding. He was NEVER going there and there was no offer.

If he was physically and mentally fit and enjoying his footy then I believe he would’ve played on in 2025, and I don’t believe that would have been at Richmond.

But as the season progressed it would’ve become clear to him he was physically and mentally cooked and thus he pulled the pin.

But like everyone, I’m just guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he was physically and mentally fit and enjoying his footy then I believe he would’ve played on in 2025, and I don’t believe that would have been at Richmond.

But as the season progressed it would’ve become clear to him he was physically and mentally cooked and thus he pulled the pin.

Again, he was never going up north.

It was odd timing. I assume they had it all planned, heard the Dusry news then were too proud as a club to just push out the Hawkins announcement for another day.

It's funny because the guy who avoids the spotlight gets all the attention and then the club that is constantly pushed by the league as being bigger than they are, are a total afterthought.
It was pretty ordinary by the cats. They should of waited until today. Like him or hate him (or his club), Tom Hawkins is a champ and modern day great. His announcement was massively overshadowed and he deserved to be celebrated as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was pretty ordinary by the cats. They should of waited until today. Like him or hate him (or his club), Tom Hawkins is a champ and modern day great. His announcement was massively overshadowed and he deserved to be celebrated as well.
As a RFC fan I don't really care about oppo clubs much at all. I watched the RFC presser about Dusty but will be watching nothing to do with Hawkins.

Might go back to Castlemaine and have a kick with his brothers next year

Retiring a one-club Richmond player - Treated like a god for eternity.
Seeing out the season (even if injured and on the sidelines) and then going to GC. - Meh, won't help GC much, he's no on-field leader like Hodge, but no probs we're in a rebuild (I hope our club finally realises this), good luck Dusty and thanks for everything, still give him a statue.
Bothering to 'retire from Richmond' to sign with GC on the down-low like Hardwick - Geez..I hope not.

As a RFC fan I don't really care about oppo clubs much at all. I watched the RFC presser about Dusty but will be watching nothing to do with Hawkins.
Thought it was pretty cool by several clubs honoring dusty , blues , WB wc gws coll to name a few , the rest are campaigners

Retiring a one-club Richmond player - Treated like a god for eternity.
Seeing out the season (even if injured and on the sidelines) and then going to GC. - Meh, won't help GC much, he's no on-field leader like Hodge, but no probs we're in a rebuild (I hope our club finally realises this), good luck Dusty and thanks for everything, still give him a statue.
Bothering to 'retire from Richmond' to sign with GC on the down-low like Hardwick - Geez..I hope not.
Won’t have to buy a beer in Richmond for life

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back