Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Roger Dean wasn't slow in his early days. He would still be a massive upgrade on TT, Hopper, Dow, JGTI and KMAC.
Dean is a Tiger immortal who again adapted his game over time and he would be better than guys like Rowell, Neale, McGrath etc etc. He's no Primadonna and could play bc he was smarter and tougher than most in his days. Unless you've seen this guy play then you are under estimating hoW brilliant he was.

He's in my top 10 Tigers of all time.

If needing to see a player play is necessary to work out whether he fits in the top 10 Tigers of all time....how can you have a top 10 players of all time when you have never seen half of them play?

Doesn't make sense TI. By the way, who are your top 10 Tigers of all time?

If needing to see a player play is necessary to work out whether he fits in the top 10 Tigers of all time....how can you have a top 10 players of all time when you have never seen half of them play?

Doesn't make sense TI. By the way, who are your top 10 Tigers of all time?
haven't seen them play? Get off the gambling dude. I'm basing it on what and who I've seen . That;'s why i said MY MY MY MY

I don't understand your response. It is a legit question. Who are your top 10 Tigers of all time?
Different to yours and if we asked every poster on here i don't think we would get an exact match so your question is trivial and a waste of my quality time .It's just free entertainment i don't want to provide to you as i would prefer you suffer in suspense.

Different to yours and if we asked every poster on here i don't think we would get an exact match so your question is trivial and a waste of my quality time .It's just free entertainment i don't want to provide to you as i would prefer you suffer in suspense.

So you are saying:

- people are under-estimating Riger Dean because they didn't see him play

- he is in your top 10 Tigers of all time, though you won't name the other 9....I am guessing because someone like Jack Dyer might be in it, who you never saw play.

TrumpImposter.

So you are saying:

- people are under-estimating Riger Dean because they didn't see him play

- he is in your top 10 Tigers of all time, though you won't name the other 9....I am guessing because someone like Jack Dyer might be in it, who you never saw play.

TrumpImposter.
No Meteoric Fall I ONLY INCLUDE PEOPLE I'VE SEEN PLAY. I'm sick of Straw men on here and you're one of them. As i said my top 10 is irrelevant as it will not agree with most and i would doubt you would find twp posters with identical top 10's. Can you understand this Straw Man.

No Meteoric Fall I ONLY INCLUDE PEOPLE I'VE SEEN PLAY. I'm sick of Straw men on here and you're one of them. As i said my top 10 is irrelevant as it will not agree with most and i would doubt you would find twp posters with identical top 10's. Can you understand this Straw Man.

Glad you cleared that up then. Your top 10 Tigers of all time, is not actually a top 10 Tigers of all time, it is the top 10 Tigers you have seen play. You just deceptively refer to it as your top 10 Tigers of all time. So by your own admission you are a liar who has deceived the board.

Yup, perfectly clear now TI. :)

Glad you cleared that up then. Your top 10 Tigers of all time, is not actually a top 10 Tigers of all time, it is the top 10 Tigers you have seen play. You just deceptively refer to it as your top 10 Tigers of all time. So by your own admission you are a liar who has deceived the board.

Yup, perfectly clear now TI. :)
Oh how ****ing obvious loser.

Last edited:
Roger Dean wasn't slow in his early days. He would still be a massive upgrade on TT, Hopper, Dow, JGTI and KMAC.
Dean is a Tiger immortal who again adapted his game over time and he would be better than guys like Rowell, Neale, McGrath etc etc. He's no Primadonna and could play bc he was smarter and tougher than most in his days. Unless you've seen this guy play then you are under estimating hoW brilliant he was. He's in my top 10 Tigers of all time.
I wholeheartedly concur!

I'd love dusty to go to the suns so we can see him with a different fitness and performance manager. If he fires it shows how our team was ruined by underinvestment in this area. All our older players looked absolutely cooked before they retired, but some were not even that old by other teams standards. If Martin fires it shows we didnt get what we could get out of generational players since burge left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love dusty to go to the suns so we can see him with a different fitness and performance manager. If he fires it shows how our team was ruined by underinvestment in this area. All our older players looked absolutely cooked before they retired, but some were not even that old by other teams standards. If Martin fires it shows we didnt get what we could get out of generational players since burge left

The huge hit Dusty copped last pre season at Wonthaggi seemed to take him a long time to get over.

Might need to change the title and op.

Clearly not confirmed retirement! More likely just…..Martin turncoats and runs to gc to be with daddy, confirmed.

Change Rioli’s to the same.

I was pretty content with Dusty just moving onto life after footy and have no problem with him not playing for us next year as he’s cooked.
It just the way this is all playing out, first Hardwick, then Rioli, now Dusty.

It’s at the point where I seriously hope we take all 3 of GC’s first rounders, bid on Lombard with an early pick and then death ride the shit out of that club and hope they fold before they play a single final.

Call it sour grapes or whatever but it’s just rubbed me the wrong way how it’s all playing out.

Green was one of the best footballers for his height in the Hafey era. Bartlett is still the GOAT Tiger and Ablett Senior is ahead of any player I've ever seen. He would still kick 100 goals a season today as he has all the attributes plus more than the modern game offers.

You had me until you mentioned Ablett Snr. Absolute scum. Don’t care how good a player people think he was.

KB is the best Richmond player I’ve seen in my lifetime.

My dad loved Roger Dean. We had posters of him and Neville Crowe on one of the walls at home when I was a little kid.

And that helps how?

Bitching about what could've been is not just pointless, it brings negativity. Live differently.

And that helps how?

Bitching about what could've been is not just pointless, it brings negativity. Live differently.
It helps us by letting us see how excellent staff are needed. Learning from your mistakes is how you grow. Was the handling of our players the last 3 years a mistake or did our game plan break them early? It's all info to help the youngsters we draft this year.

Couldn't care less what Martin does. He's a Richmond great, as are all the other great players that changed clubs.

I hope he comes back and does well, but we are now invested in the future, plenty to talk about rather than Martin.

Will look odd in a GC jumper though, eek.

Well said. Time we all moved on. Some people are clearly over emotional about Martin's movements from here on in.

Still a Richmond great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Martin Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back