Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News at the home of the gold and grain Dunolly, is that they have re-signed Lachlan Liddicoat for season 2010. Apparantly the old bull behind the goals at natte reserve was not enough to help sway the big fella into grazing the flood plain pastures around the banks of the avoca river.

With round one only 12 days away anyone up for a ladder prediction?

Start the ball rolling:

Avoca
Newstead
Dunolly
Carisbrook
Rovers
Trentham
Talbot
Maldon
Harcourt
Bushy
Creek

• The fixture will play a big part in where teams are going to finish, more so in the log jam around places 5-10. Depends on which clubs play each other twice.
  • Avoca only play Newstead and Rovers x2 (just listing the teams that would pose a threat during the year)
  • Newstead's run is almost the same. Avoca x2 and Rovers x2.
  • Dunolly has Carisbrook x2 and Rovers x2. Making Avoca, Newstead and Dunollys draw very even.
  • Carisbrooks is by far the easiest. They only meet Dunolly x2. Have all the cellar dwellers twice.
  • Rovers has the hardest. Avoca, Newstead and Dunolly all twice. Thats 6 tougher games opposed to carisbrooks 2.

With round one only 12 days away anyone up for a ladder prediction?

Start the ball rolling:

Avoca
Newstead
Dunolly
Carisbrook
Rovers
Trentham
Talbot
Maldon
Harcourt
Bushy
Creek

• The fixture will play a big part in where teams are going to finish, more so in the log jam around places 5-10. Depends on which clubs play each other twice.
  • Avoca only play Newstead and Rovers x2 (just listing the teams that would pose a threat during the year)
  • Newstead's run is almost the same. Avoca x2 and Rovers x2.
  • Dunolly has Carisbrook x2 and Rovers x2. Making Avoca, Newstead and Dunollys draw very even.
  • Carisbrooks is by far the easiest. They only meet Dunolly x2. Have all the cellar dwellers twice.
  • Rovers has the hardest. Avoca, Newstead and Dunolly all twice. Thats 6 tougher games opposed to carisbrooks 2.
Dunolly played very low on numbers on the weekend one would hope they will need to pick up a few numbers to play finals,anyway my picks are

Carisbrook
Avoca
Newstead
Trenthem
Rovers
-----------
Talbot
Maldon
Bushy
Harcourt
Dunolly
Creek.

News at the home of the gold and grain Dunolly, is that they have re-signed Lachlan Liddicoat for season 2010. Apparantly the old bull behind the goals at natte reserve was not enough to help sway the big fella into grazing the flood plain pastures around the banks of the avoca river.
Big call for a young fella to knock back what Natte had on the table, from what i hear it was around the 500 and a job, but well done to the young fella hope it all works out for him, but GEE if thats what they had on the table be mad to knock it back.

can someone post the list of mcdfl coaches for 2010, pls. I know mcnamee has gone north, but is bellenger still at avoca. I know jamie elliott is joint coach at rovers, but thats about all. tkx in anticipation :thumbsu:

Heard from a source at trentham that the senior coach Shane Thompson has resigned from coaching the club.
This has got to be a shock and after winning the pre season cup how can something like this happen?
After the last year of building the club up from scratch, for him to walk out on the club only 2 weeks from round 1 is a disaster for the Saints.

Big call for a young fella to knock back what Natte had on the table, from what i hear it was around the 500 and a job, but well done to the young fella hope it all works out for him, but GEE if thats what they had on the table be mad to knock it back.

Great to see him show some loyalty when there is not much left in country footy. Good lad who has some great mates out there so good on him!

He ended up getting a job that was more suited to what he was after that enabled him to stay at his club. Sounds like special thanks to the assistance of a prominant MCDFL personality too.

I see Geoff Dixon has been appointed Inter-League coach for this year. Should be a good move I think, has a wealth of knowledge and isn't coaching this year which means he'll be able to go and check out games himself.

Heard from a source at trentham that the senior coach Shane Thompson has resigned from coaching the club.
This has got to be a shock and after winning the pre season cup how can something like this happen?
After the last year of building the club up from scratch, for him to walk out on the club only 2 weeks from round 1 is a disaster for the Saints.

Spoke to Cam Baker who has spoken to the coach today and said that it was a personal issue that has been sorted and he will be coaching. Apparently the coach has a young family and that was where the issue has come from but according to Cam it's all good and Thompson will be coaching.

I see Geoff Dixon has been appointed Inter-League coach for this year. Should be a good move I think, has a wealth of knowledge and isn't coaching this year which means he'll be able to go and check out games himself.

An non playing/coaching coach is the way to go IMO. Having a couple of current coaches as assistants like they did last year is a good idea to make sure some players aren't overlooked.

Spoke to Cam Baker who has spoken to the coach today and said that it was a personal issue that has been sorted and he will be coaching. Apparently the coach has a young family and that was where the issue has come from but according to Cam it's all good and Thompson will be coaching.

Good to hear it wasnt true. Although it would of been interesting to see big pete mcconville, dougy and co taking the reins.
I look forward to watching the progress of the boys.

avoca
newstead
carisbrook
trentham
rovers
maldon
dunolly
talbot
harcourt
bushy
creek

Good to hear it wasnt true. Although it would of been interesting to see big pete mcconville, dougy and co taking the reins.

avoca
newstead
carisbrook
trentham
rovers
maldon
dunolly
talbot
harcourt
bushy
creek

Were Trentham looking that much better the other day in the practice matches that everyone has gone from thinking they will be bottom couple again to top 5 (keeping in mind that the other sides competing in the series were bottom half last year also)?? Good luck to them if so, but they must have really recruited well as they have a lot of ground to make up from 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking through the clearance report, Talbot seem to have lost a few and i see today that the Bond boys are headed to the Bendigo league. Are we predicting a noticable slide down the ladder this year? Anyone think they can still be a finals threat?

Looking through the clearance report, Talbot seem to have lost a few and i see today that the Bond boys are headed to the Bendigo league. Are we predicting a noticable slide down the ladder this year? Anyone think they can still be a finals threat?

Don't think you'll see Talbot up near finals this year BushyMan. It would be a while since Talbot missed to finals series in a row too, can you back that up for me Sherman or Rich?? I believe there's gonna be an intraclub match at Bushy tomorrow night too, and yours truly is pulling the boots back on for season 2010. How bout yourself????

Were Trentham looking that much better the other day in the practice matches that everyone has gone from thinking they will be bottom couple again to top 5 (keeping in mind that the other sides competing in the series were bottom half last year also)?? Good luck to them if so, but they must have really recruited well as they have a lot of ground to make up from 2009.

I think it is to early to expect much from Trentham due to the amount of new faces in the squad. Surely it will take them time to gel, however they were impressive Sunday

I think it is to early to expect much from Trentham due to the amount of new faces in the squad. Surely it will take them time to gel, however they were impressive Sunday

I agree McFly, great to hear that they played well but it is only March. Rovers weren't much last year and they did have a few missing on the weekend also. Will be fantastic for the league if Trentham is competitive this year and by all reports they should be!

Avoca
Newstead
Carisbrook
Rovers
Maldon
-----------
Dunolly
Trentham
Harcourt
Talbot
Bushy
Creek

Harcourt apparently really struggling at the moment with only around 10 regulars to training. They also had no practice matches this year so they should be easy beats at the beginning of the year especially. They have came back and surprised people who have written them off before but I don't think they have the manpower to recover this year

Don't think you'll see Talbot up near finals this year BushyMan. It would be a while since Talbot missed to finals series in a row too, can you back that up for me Sherman or Rich?? I believe there's gonna be an intraclub match at Bushy tomorrow night too, and yours truly is pulling the boots back on for season 2010. How bout yourself????

Yeah we havent missed two in a row from recent memory, probably ever since I've been at the club actually. I dont think they will push finals this year, too many senior players retiring or leaving the club. The Bond boys have wanted to have a go in Maryborough for a while and the club wont hold them back. Couple other of our young players are off to try their luck in major leagues in Bendigo and Ballarat respectively also. It will be a rebuilding year and hopefully in the future these players will come back better footballers.

I agree McFly, great to hear that they played well but it is only March. Rovers weren't much last year and they did have a few missing on the weekend also. Will be fantastic for the league if Trentham is competitive this year and by all reports they should be!

Avoca
Newstead
Carisbrook
Rovers
Maldon
-----------
Dunolly
Trentham
Harcourt
Talbot
Bushy
Creek

Harcourt apparently really struggling at the moment with only around 10 regulars to training. They also had no practice matches this year so they should be easy beats at the beginning of the year especially. They have came back and surprised people who have written them off before but I don't think they have the manpower to recover this year

I reckon this ladder would be about right. Trentham, Harcourt, Talbot and Bushy could finish in any order tho and I'd have Dunolly above Maldon due to them losing Kelly.

avoca
newstead
carisbrook
trentham
rovers
maldon
dunolly
talbot
harcourt
bushy
creek
As per usual at this time of the year some people are looking to sensationalise every thing that goes on at a club. A problem arose at Trentham on Monday morning, the President took steps to alleviate any potential problems if things couldnt be worked out and then began the process of fixing the problem (which it turned out was of a personal nature)
At no stage was the club in any real turmoil and President Rod Hassett was quick to take steps to cover all eventualities. A couple of meetings were held between players, committee, the executive and the coach. The position was discussed , strategies developed and action taken Now it is time to get on with the job of making Trentham District Football Club a real competitive force within the MCDFNL

As per usual at this time of the year some people are looking to sensationalise every thing that goes on at a club. A problem arose at Trentham on Monday morning, the President took steps to alleviate any potential problems if things couldnt be worked out and then began the process of fixing the problem (which it turned out was of a personal nature)
At no stage was the club in any real turmoil and President Rod Hassett was quick to take steps to cover all eventualities. A couple of meetings were held between players, committee, the executive and the coach. The position was discussed , strategies developed and action taken Now it is time to get on with the job of making Trentham District Football Club a real competitive force within the MCDFNL

Haha, i'm not too sure that anyone really took any notice of what was going on Wombat; a couple of posts is hardly sensationalising it!!

There are always going to be teething problems when you bring in about 20 ormore new faces and individual personalities to a small country town and club... Good luck controlling that!

Only one more week to go guys, anyone got any tips for the round 1 openers?

Newstead v Maldon - The reigning premiers have not lost too many players from last season, may be a little rustly having only the one practice match and the majority of the senior side missing from that. The dons have lost Cummins and Kelly who kicked 100 goals last season but regain Wayne Burchell The Steaders should win in front of a big home crowd.

Royal Park v Dunolly - Could be a reasonably close game; Royal Park have picked up a few players this season and Dunolly loosing the players of the ilk of Sanders, Motlop, Ahmat, MacNamee, Burn, etc may come back to the pack a little, but should be too good for the tigers.

Creek v Trentham - Whispers again that Creek were going to be doing plenty of recruiting, but the likes of Lachy Ford etc fell through again. Trentham have a complete new line up and by all reports looked ok last week in the Trentham cup. Battle of last seasons bottom 2 should see Trentham win one more this round than last season.

While we are on the note of departures, what is the latest on where Sanders is playing?

any luck with names of senior coaches for 2010 boys ??

Avoca – Tony Bellenger
C/Creek – Wayne Stubbings
Carisbrook – Craig Mortlock
Dunolly – Lee Stewart
Harcourt – Jarred Trethowan
Maldon – Shaun Burchell
Newstead – Rick Taylor
Rovers – Jamie Elliott, Scott Sellers
Royal Park – Baz Gorman
Talbot – Gerard Kennedy
Trentham – Shane Thompson

Status