Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft effort by newstead who would appreciate that finals wont be played at maldon in the mud

Spot on there Frustrated, it was not a good day at the office for the Newstead boys who never looked comfortable in those conditions or on the smaller ground - But the loss can't be attributed to the conditions because Maldon played in them as well, and handled them a lot better with their attack on the ball.

Newstead had better come out breathing fire this week, becuase the race for that double chance has got a lot hotter with Rovers beating Avoca Saturday ad a loss there will make an elimination final date with Carisbrook a lot closer!

Clever work. From almost nothing you have created an opportunity to once again bag those big meanies Castlemaine and Maryborough. How dare they do anything to try and attract the best players from the area to their clubs.

Castlemaine not "local" enough for you? It's this sort of mentality that strangles the very clubs that represent your region in the BFL. It's hard to blame those clubs when nobody aspires to play anything other than MCDFL. Have you ever thought that perhaps if you put your support behind the club you criticise, it might be better run?

Heaven help Castlemaine if the kids from Winters Flat & co. held such an attachment they could never move on.

For your info, Maryborough FC have traditionally had Under 14's & 16's. What "structure" do you want them to set up? There was a local "mini-league" for under 12/13's, which became unsustainable given the soccer popularity and stagnant population. If there is not the amount of players & support for a junior league, how can you expect one to exist? The BJFL offers numerous junior levels, so the kids (& families) just have to put up with going over that way. It's not ideal, but that's the geography of it.

Why don't you set up a junior league in Newstead and have the footballing world revolve around there?
you have some fair points here but at the end of the day the BFL clubbs in this area have been their own worst enemy for years with little encouragement given to local juniors to remain there. Without know ing alot about Maryborough i would say that Casttlemaine have a long way to go to make it worthwhile sending good young players their to develop. It should not be automatic that any kid in this area should have to play with Castlemaine or Maryborough to play major league if those clubs are not providing the right programs and coaching to improve and teach these players. I dont believe anf MCDFL clubs believe footy revolves around them and to be honest in the past few years alot of Castlemaines players have come from District clubs with no problems except that players dont seem to want to stay there.

Newstead youngster cam hepburn has a broken jaw in two places following a deliberate elbow from a maldon player on the weekend who I wont name.
Not having a go at the umpires here, but yet another incident has gone unseen by them and there is no penalty for the players who strut around the ground throwing elbows, fists, knees etc..
Disappointing to see an under 17 kid who is just finding his way in senior footy cop a deliberate elbow and is now out for several weeks.

Congaratulations to Baz Gorman on his first win as coach! It's taken a little longer than he would have liked I'm sure, and hopefully there's more to come this year.

Newstead youngster cam hepburn has a broken jaw in two places following a deliberate elbow from a maldon player on the weekend who I wont name.
Not having a go at the umpires here, but yet another incident has gone unseen by them and there is no penalty for the players who strut around the ground throwing elbows, fists, knees etc..
Disappointing to see an under 17 kid who is just finding his way in senior footy cop a deliberate elbow and is now out for several weeks.
Must agree with this except why not name the player who i believe was one D. Carroll. We do not need to protect players who throw elbows etc. As for the umpires at times they seem more involved in how good they look instead of looking to deal with these sort of instances. They were poor at Maldon but would not have affected result as the better team won on the day.

Must agree with this except why not name the player who i believe was one D. Carroll. We do not need to protect players who throw elbows etc. As for the umpires at times they seem more involved in how good they look instead of looking to deal with these sort of instances. They were poor at Maldon but would not have affected result as the better team won on the day.
All very well to name a bloke on an internet forum , but if your club is so convinced an untoward act has taken place , have they put up the refundable $500 to the league so that an investigation may occur? Might be a fairer way to sort this out if you believe the umpires missed the alleged incident.:)

In line with previous comments, should we name the particular "leader" who has returned to the offending club after a short, um, absence? Better not - I'm sure it's just a co-incidence.

I hope the Newstead kid is okay soon. Have to agree with others who say this sort of thing should not happen on the footy field. Bumps and bruises are fine, but if anyone's jaw is broken, the offending player has to suffer consequences. In AFL or BFL they would be out for 2 months. Under the severe regime that is the MCDFL, the most you will get is a "rep" for being hard.

Bad luck to young Heppy, he is a good young player and will recover well no doubt.

What a game it is going to be out at Newstead, in basically what is a mini final where the winner will all but shore up 3rd spot and the double chance this year. Good match ups all over the ground, Ox and Hedger in the ruck, the possibility of Ramsay and Sellers if he plays forward, and both sides have winners in the midfield that will need to be stopped!

Surely this will bring the best out in both sides, and lets hope to see a much hungrier Newstead side really bust a gut for the win.

Peoples tips?

Bad luck to young Heppy, he is a good young player and will recover well no doubt.

What a game it is going to be out at Newstead, in basically what is a mini final where the winner will all but shore up 3rd spot and the double chance this year. Good match ups all over the ground, Ox and Hedger in the ruck, the possibility of Ramsay and Sellers if he plays forward, and both sides have winners in the midfield that will need to be stopped!

Surely this will bring the best out in both sides, and lets hope to see a much hungrier Newstead side really bust a gut for the win.

Peoples tips?

Winning form is good form so I will go with Rovers.

Newstead v Rovers is a massive one for both clubs. A first final perhaps against a staggering Avoca and a double chance is a lot more preferable to a sudden-death final vs a Carisbrook side with a sniff of September. (Even if the Reds haven't ever been the same without Nathan Wright!)

MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > SENIORS
Round 14 – 17/07/2010

Newstead 17.18 (120) d Maryborough 12.11 (83)
Maldon 22.19 (151) d Harcourt 5.10 (40)
Carisbrook 15.15 (105) d Royal Park 6.7 (43)
Dunolly 21.13 (139) d Talbot 9.13 (67)
Trentham V Campbells Creek Play Sunday

RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > RESERVES

Newstead 15.15 (105) d Maryborough 4.5 (29)
Maldon 10.12 (72) d Harcourt 5.4 (34)
Carisbrook 17.12 (114) d Royal Park 5.5 (35)
Talbot 13.9 (87) d Dunolly 2.1 (13)

RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > U/17

Dunolly 5.9 (39) d Talbot 3.8 (26)
Newstead 9.7 (61) d Maryborough 3.6 (24)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty quiet on here this week footy wise guys, but there is a really big game coming up out at Avoca tomorrow between Newstead and the Bulldogs! Am i right in thinking that there should be a big crowd out there with Avoca holding some premiership reunions from 1980 etc?? They will be looking to impress in front of a big home crowd and get back on the winners list. Both sides will be missing key players with the VCFL championships on this week seeing Mark Ramsay from Newstead and Ben Harrison of Avoca not available, but will Julian Field play? Whispers are around that he may have played his last game at the kennell?

Hopefully the weather holds out and we see Newstead get up in a close one, in what may well be a preview to the qualifying final!

Yep all set for what should be a cracker out at Avoca tomorrow. Two of the big guns facing off as the season begins it's climb toward the crescendo. Avoca will be primed for a big one at home in front of their crowd which will include plenty of blokes who have bled red , white and blue in days gone by. Newstead go in favourites though for mine , on recent form . The available Bulldog troops will need to step up and dismiss the doubters who seem to be circling after recent injuries have hit the kennel. The Roos always put in a hard , consistent effort and will be looking to add a bit of psychological muscle late in the year after disposing of Rovers last week. The sentimentalist in me would like to see the Avoca boys increase their hardness and get over the line but my head says , it's the Roos by 11 points.

Round 15 – 24/07/2010
Avoca 16.12 (108) d Newstead 11.8 (74)
Maryb Rovers 17.11 (113) d Harcourt 8.9 (57)
Campb Creek 32.23 (215) d Royal Park 8.8 (56)
Carisbrook 15.13 (103) d Talbot 9.9 (63)

Newstead 12.6 (78) d Avoca 8.4 (52)
Harcourt 12.15 (87) d Maryb Rovers 9.5 (59)
Royal Park 19.11 (125) d Campb Creek 5.9 (39)
Carisbrook 17.15 (117) d Talbot 3.5 (23)

Carisbrook 15.12 (102)d Talbot 0.1 (1)
Maryb Rovers 12.9 (81) d Harcourt 4.6 (30)
Avoca 11.13 (79) d Newstead 9.7 (61)

Pretty quiet on here this week footy wise guys, but there is a really big game coming up out at Avoca tomorrow between Newstead and the Bulldogs! Am i right in thinking that there should be a big crowd out there with Avoca holding some premiership reunions from 1980 etc?? They will be looking to impress in front of a big home crowd and get back on the winners list. Both sides will be missing key players with the VCFL championships on this week seeing Mark Ramsay from Newstead and Ben Harrison of Avoca not available, but will Julian Field play? Whispers are around that he may have played his last game at the kennell?

Hopefully the weather holds out and we see Newstead get up in a close one, in what may well be a preview to the qualifying final!

Below may answer your question regarding Julian Field Thermometer. Goals: Julian Field 3, Nick Barker 2, Lachlan Edwards 2, Will Johanson 2, Tony Bellenger 1, Mitch Etherton 1, Damian Hughes 1, Sam Kaye 1, Beau Ketchen 1, Adrian Pilgrim 1, Luke Polson 1. Best: Julian Field, Lachlan Edwards, Luke Polson, Tom Kaye, Will Johanson Sam Kaye

Below may answer your question regarding Julian Field Thermometer. Goals: Julian Field 3, Nick Barker 2, Lachlan Edwards 2, Will Johanson 2, Tony Bellenger 1, Mitch Etherton 1, Damian Hughes 1, Sam Kaye 1, Beau Ketchen 1, Adrian Pilgrim 1, Luke Polson 1. Best: Julian Field, Lachlan Edwards, Luke Polson, Tom Kaye, Will Johanson Sam Kaye

He was sensational on the weekend Puma, he really is a top player and was probably the difference between the two sides on the day with his clearance work and quick hands through the midfield. Not a good day for the Newstead onballers, who will be looking to improve on that leading into the finals!

I think Andrew Nelson had the reserves league B&F sewn up until he went on hiatus. J Hind for me in the seniors only needs half the year to win it

Money will be on Peake I reckon, haven't seen much footy this year but that's my stab in the dark. As for reserves, would like to say me but I guess one has to play a game to get a vote!!

Round 16 – 31/07/2010
Carisbrook 23.10 (148) d Dunolly 9.8 (62)
Harcourt 12.9 (81) drew Avoca 12.9 (81)
Rovers 11.11 (77) d Trentham 11.10 (76)
Maldon 31.17 (203) d Royal Park 4.3 (27)
C/ Creek 15.4 (94) d Talbot 8.14 (62)

Carisbrook 30.26 (206) d Dunolly 0.1 (1)
Avoca 10.14 (74) d Harcourt 7.7 (49)
Rovers 8.5 (53) d Trentham 6.14 (50)
Maldon 11.7 (73) d Royal Park 6.7 (43)
Talbot 8.10 (118) d C/ Creek 7.10 (52)

C/ Creek 18.12 (120) d Talbot 0.1 (1)
Rovers 6.9 (45) d Trentham 5.5 (35)
Avoca 8.4 (52) d Harcourt 4.8 (32)
Carisbrook 13.19 (97) d Dunolly 2.2 (14)

Heap of praise for the umpiring efforts of Mick Brown and Tim Roth from the R.D.F.L out at the Trenm/ Rovers match on the weekend. Very rare to hear both supporters and players rave about what a top job they done for the day. Cheers to the R.D.F.L umpires assoc for sending out 2 of their best .

Money will be on Peake I reckon, haven't seen much footy this year but that's my stab in the dark. As for reserves, would like to say me but I guess one has to play a game to get a vote!!

Totally agree here, There are not many guys at creek who will take votes off peake and the way he plays his footy he really stands out and he would be a definate favourite.
In the under 17s I think Nick Barker from avoca will be right up there and maybe Nick Hind from rovers depending on how many games he played in the juniors, which is not many from what i've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad