Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe he was playing senior football at Talbot last year..may struggle to get a look in at the park one may think

the kid has played senior football since he was 14 and most weeks he was playing 3 games so last year he had a break and comminted himself to the under 17

According to the Herald Sun today Shannon Motlop has signed with Robinvale in the Sunraysia League

Yeah Shannon has relocated to Mildura for work with Clontarf, which is a school based football academy for indiginious kids. As a result of living in the area he is going to play with John Jackson who was another one of the Wanderers players in the NTFL this season. We we're stoked to get Shannon for the '09 season and he thoroughly enjoyed his time with the DFNC.

All this being said, with Shannon leaving it does not mean that there won't be a few NT recruits making there way into the eagles strip this year.

I dont believe he was playing senior football at Talbot last year..may struggle to get a look in at the park one may think

Should still qualify with Under 18s I would think and would be top 3in that team. Has plenty of senior experience. If he applies himself I think he could crack it for a few games in the 1s.

Should still qualify with Under 18s I would think and would be top 3in that team. Has plenty of senior experience. If he applies himself I think he could crack it for a few games in the 1s.

Should be an interesting year for him as he should handle the under 18 comp in the BFL well, hopefully he can play a few in the ones. Has played a bit of senior footy at Talbot but the pace against the top BFL sides might take some adjusting to.

Rumor heard yesterday if true is bad news for Creek, Peake according to rumour is moving to Warnambool. Will be a huge blow to them if true.

Yeah Shannon has relocated to Mildura for work with Clontarf, which is a school based football academy for indiginious kids. As a result of living in the area he is going to play with John Jackson who was another one of the Wanderers players in the NTFL this season. We we're stoked to get Shannon for the '09 season and he thoroughly enjoyed his time with the DFNC.

All this being said, with Shannon leaving it does not mean that there won't be a few NT recruits making there way into the eagles strip this year.
I was just wondering where Jeremy Saunders is at? Have heard that he is in talks with most teams in the district, can anyone help me in where he is going or if he is staying at Dunolly?

Haha, you have to be taking the p..s surely JimmyL?? Can anyone put a name to this winner of Castlemaines 2's best and fairest?

While we are on the subject of Maldon, is there any truth to the "vicious" rumor that at least one (maybe both) of the Carroll boys are making the 5 minute drive down the road to swap their red and black stripes for blue and white ones in 2010?

i highly doubt that either of the carroll boys will leave maldon. seeing they have been to almost every training session and havnt yet trained at stead. and who is this recruit. i cant name him and i havnt missed a training????

Should be an interesting year for him as he should handle the under 18 comp in the BFL well, hopefully he can play a few in the ones. Has played a bit of senior footy at Talbot but the pace against the top BFL sides might take some adjusting to.

Rumor heard yesterday if true is bad news for Creek, Peake according to rumour is moving to Warnambool. Will be a huge blow to them if true.

You would be livid if you signed a coach up in Nov/Dec and then he decides for whatever reason to move away in Feb. Would ruin their season and any hope of further recruiting you would think if true.

Brandon would have played close to 50 senior games at Talbot. Excellent reader of the play, tough at it and likes to take some risks. He's only a kid so it will do him good to get around the more professional environment of Maryborough. I have no doubt he will go very well in Under 18s there. The year he represented MCDFL in the Under 16s in Ballarat he played well in all games.

Rumor heard yesterday if true is bad news for Creek, Peake according to rumour is moving to Warnambool. Will be a huge blow to them if true.[/quote]

Peake is definitely not going back to Warrnambool this year. Creek look like they have lost the Fords and Hodoras. They still may get a couple from other places, but will not be pushing for a finals spot by the look of it.
As for Maldon's mystery recruit, he might need to do a bit of work on the track. The Dons will lose Justin Trevin, but may regain a couple from 2008 in J Mazur and J Pitts. Wayne Burchall will also be back. (That might be old news).

You would be livid if you signed a coach up in Nov/Dec and then he decides for whatever reason to move away in Feb. Would ruin their season and any hope of further recruiting you would think if true.

Brandon would have played close to 50 senior games at Talbot. Excellent reader of the play, tough at it and likes to take some risks. He's only a kid so it will do him good to get around the more professional environment of Maryborough. I have no doubt he will go very well in Under 18s there. The year he represented MCDFL in the Under 16s in Ballarat he played well in all games.

i have heard the young brandn is just goin to play under 18's as i was told . any one confirm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there somehow that u can view the clearances for this year??
i can only seem to find last years.

Get hold of your League Secretary/GM/CEO or whatever he's called in your league... and tell him to update it.

If he's not sure what he has to do, get him to ring Keith Whitford.

Keith's contact details will be in the VCFL handbook, and on the VCFL Website.

Word at Newstead is that all 3 of the Culvenor brothers are going to be playing there this season. The older two lads are heading back to play footy at their junior club with young Matt, and looking to push for a flag with the Steaders this year. They will be a very handy acquisition to the Newstead team, with Adam playing 100+ Senior games with Castlemaine as a hard running midfielder, and the other one, can't remember his name at the moment, playing 1st grade amateurs last season in Sydney as a key position back. Could be a massive positive for the Steaders after loosing Ford and Webster. Watch this space.

Just wondering if anybody involved with either Maryborough or Rovers would be able to confirm or deny the rumour that there is going to be a practice match between the two clubs... Could be a bit of feeling there if it takes place, it would make for great viewing however..

Word at Newstead is that all 3 of the Culvenor brothers are going to be playing there this season. The older two lads are heading back to play footy at their junior club with young Matt, and looking to push for a flag with the Steaders this year. They will be a very handy acquisition to the Newstead team, with Adam playing 100+ Senior games with Castlemaine as a hard running midfielder, and the other one, can't remember his name at the moment, playing 1st grade amateurs last season in Sydney as a key position back. Could be a massive positive for the Steaders after loosing Ford and Webster. Watch this space.

That would be a huge get for the Steaders if it comes off!! If you added Adam to the midfield it would make the Newstead engine room even stronger!!!!

Any word on any practice matches with the season less than 2 months away?

The Culvenor brothers will not be joining Matt at Newstead this year with Paul living in Sydney for Uni and Adam will either play in Castlemaine or down in Melbourne with his mates from Uni.

Newstead has an intraclub match and a practice match against Newbridge on the 26th of March. I dont know about other clubs but Newstead has had trouble organising practice matches because of cricket finals, has this been a problem for most clubs?

With all the talk of Dunolly coming to Darwin to recruit players, it seems another MCDFL club has quietly gone about their business and landed one of the NT Thunder list from 09. Good signing.

Pretty sure thats not true. Have heard bushy have lost david forde though however rumour is strong jeremy sanders is set to sign there any truth?
No they have not lost Fordey he has a new job and will be playing every 2nd or 3rd week i spoke to him this weekend and said he would even love to run around in the 2's (but can't see that happing) and with Sanders one can only hope he signs with bushy but there are 2 others in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad