Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast is probably keeping a low profile now all the Brook players he bagged the shit out of a while ago know who he is.

HaHa Doubt it would worry him would it??? I dont think he stuck the boots in too much did he??? Just harmless fun, does anyone really take this all seriously??? I'm sure IB doesn't!

I'm just glad to see Lunch Time Matinee back and posting after his long absence!

The great King, I must get hold of your connections as they seem to alway's be right on the money ??? Not. Think you will find that Keiren has after much deliberation decided to go to Natte to simply play with his brother as it looks like his last season due to career paths (fact). He is a great young kid and we hope he goes and enjoy's this opportunity, nothing wrong with what he has done, most family orientated people would do the same. :thumbsu: Secondly Chipper has not pulled the pin (fact), however we are fully aware of some other intersate interest toward the end of last week as we speak to him regularly, you will just have to wait and see if he lines up next week.

well in all honesty i think kieran has done the right thing, i believe if he was to stay at brook it would be for all the wrong reason's (money). good luck to him at natte. although chipper has not pulled the pin yet LTM, we are all aware of the sudden interest from south adelaide, and i believe u guys would be well and truely getting a little nervous bout it all, and want to secure his services ASAP. if chipper was to stay over there yes chief may be disappointed but he also has bazza gorman there to keep him company, and u cant really hold a grudge for someone wanting to play a higher level of football. will be interesting to see what happens out of it all anyway, IMO , dont think u guys will get him LTM, even though u keep in regular contact with him, he wont tell u guys everything that he tells his mates (FACT)

Did your Carisbrook mate tell you all this??? :)

My sources are generally correct LTM, although maybe not entirely all the time!;) The fact that Robinson chose Natte over the money offered at Brook is a great endorsement for the kid I think and good on him! I think everything that I stated in my previous post was on the money. Kieran was heading to Natte, Brook offered him some more cash, he considered and decided to go to Natte for the original reasons anyway.

I'm not sure if Chipper is signed, sealed and delivered just yet anyway......

There were plenty more things kieran was weighing up when deciding which club to play at and money would have been down the list regarding both clubs. Kieran is a smart boy and has thought things through. I don't think you can say it was money vs family there was far more too it.

There were plenty more things kieran was weighing up when deciding which club to play at and money would have been down the list regarding both clubs. Kieran is a smart boy and has thought things through. I don't think you can say it was money vs family there was far more too it.

Hello my name is Perkins the koala and i am short of gumleaves. To donate some juicy gumleaves to me so i dont have to be hungry for the winter please call the gumleaf hotline on 0428525321.

Much appreciated

Beast is probably keeping a low profile now all the Brook players he bagged the shit out of a while ago know who he is.

To be perfectly honest with you i'm more then happy to tell it how it is.. The comments i made were more then justified as to why i think the way i do. Eg. Butler- getting too old for number one ruck, needs support! Sheep being too ever weight and needs to get fitter, correct me if you disagree with that..

The majority of what i had to say was directed at Tatchell who i think if carisbrook are going to be any good this bloke will struggle. If chipper comes and you have the likes of, Robinsons x 2, Tracey, Robbins, Wright etc. why would you ever dream of putting him in the guts? Does anyone on here really believe he is better then any of the listed players. I have never seen him play forward but that might be the only spot for him, although IMO he would be easy to match up on as he isn't the quickest bloke going around. May do well as a crumber though... Not real sure!

Any other beef you've got that you would like me to justify?

Yep the Bendigo League doesn't have any breaks coz they started late. M/Borough play North City in Ballarat.

Do you know if Carmody and Cassidy will be back in the ones Thirsty, i am interested in having a look at how they are travelling?

Carmo did his ankle last week in the ones. Cassidy may go back in for him this week with a bit of luck at selection.

How did carmo go in the ones before he did his ankle, does cassidy want to play ones or is he happy playing two's? Also did Cass play last weekend int the twos and if so how many did he bag?

How did carmo go in the ones before he did his ankle, does cassidy want to play ones or is he happy playing two's? Also did Cass play last weekend int the twos and if so how many did he bag?

Carmo was playing well, kicked one and had a hand in another. Cass had the week off.

Do you think that carmo will see the year out at borough? I personally would like to see him running around in a side that respects him as a good player rather then the player who is always at the arse end of the fat jokes!

Would be close to one of the biggest talents around the Maryborough area and it is unfortunate he is so unfit but IMO he is still a gun footballer. Clean, knows where to run and exceptional skills.

Do you think that carmo will see the year out at borough? I personally would like to see him running around in a side that respects him as a good player rather then the player who is always at the arse end of the fat jokes!

Would be close to one of the biggest talents around the Maryborough area and it is unfortunate he is so unfit but IMO he is still a gun footballer. Clean, knows where to run and exceptional skills.

Are you looking to recruit him to your club IB??? You are showing plenty of interest in Carmo.....

Are you looking to recruit him to your club IB??? You are showing plenty of interest in Carmo.....

I must say Carmo and Cass would be of value to most district league clubs, would make a pretty potent forward line...

Having said that in an earlier post i commented on cass being 'no wine' as he couldn't crack the ones years ago at borough and why would he now, but since then i saw him play a game in the twos and its the first time he really impressed me. Both could be quite an aquisition for any side i would think!

Carmo and Cass were great value to Carisbrook in their recent premiership years. They have headed into Maryborough to help with the rebuilding stage as their list develops. What club do you follow in this league Iron Beast I can't pin you on one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was one Brook player from memory Thirsty and from what I hear from a few Brook locals, the game has gone past him at a rate of knots. Not saying he wasn't a good footballer, but he is very old and slow.

It was one Brook player from memory Thirsty and from what I hear from a few Brook locals, the game has gone past him at a rate of knots. Not saying he wasn't a good footballer, but he is very old and slow.

Is Tatchell still playing 1s for Brook this year. Not sure how he is travelling this year but was very good in the finals series for them last year.

HaHa Doubt it would worry him would it??? I dont think he stuck the boots in too much did he??? Just harmless fun, does anyone really take this all seriously??? I'm sure IB doesn't!

I'm just glad to see Lunch Time Matinee back and posting after his long absence!

God help anyone who tries to pay me out on this site...

I'm sure people don't take this site too seriously too.

This just in. One of the biggest names in the LPFL to sign with Brook soon. Will bring a number of his players from his respective club. Not naming any names on this site yet.

Stay tuned.

God help anyone who tries to pay me out on this site...

I'm sure people don't take this site too seriously too.

It keeps the rumour mill pumping at any rate! Although there is also often a fair bit of truth that gets said on here which is a credit to the guys that post!

The only team that could stop Avoca going 9-0 after the first round is Talbot. They have played all the better sides and only have Bushy, Dunolly, Trentham and Talbot to go. They are looking the goods early I must say. And the thing is they dont really have a heap of different personnel this year. Lloyd, Bellenger, Gordon-Cooke, Pilgrim and Ross??? that about it?? And they have lost 2 Robinsons?? That about it?

This just in. One of the biggest names in the LPFL to sign with Brook soon. Will bring a number of his players from his respective club. Not naming any names on this site yet.

Stay tuned.

Rumour I heard was Carnham but I cant think of who would be leaving. Surely Hill etc will stay there now. Doubt Natte is about to explode so that leaves them out. Cant think of any other team that is a bit fragile at the moment so I would say Carnham.......?? Any hints Thoroughbred?

Rumour I heard was Carnham but I cant think of who would be leaving. Surely Hill etc will stay there now. Doubt Natte is about to explode so that leaves them out. Cant think of any other team that is a bit fragile at the moment so I would say Carnham.......?? Any hints Thoroughbred?

Not from Natte.

The talk is Carngham but I honestly can't see it happening. Some things I think are pulled out of thin air.

Snail on the LPFL thread said he had heard this rumour too. He seems to be in the know at Carngham.

herd at the q tues nite at ball vs bendigo inter leag that the reason mcdfl has a bye on june long weekend is becoz no one will play them inter leag
is this correct:confused: seems crazy having a bye in the midle of june when u didnt start until may fifth why wont a nearby leag play u guys :eek:

herd at the q tues nite at ball vs bendigo inter leag that the reason mcdfl has a bye on june long weekend is becoz no one will play them inter leag
is this correct:confused: seems crazy having a bye in the midle of june when u didnt start until may fifth why wont a nearby leag play u guys :eek:

League never had any intention of playing interleague even when the league was at the full length. The fact that we now dont have byes means the Long Weekend break remains football free and is invaluable to all clubs who want a rest. Interleague is dying and is old news Zak! A lot of country leagues have lost interest due to lack of player interest. If the players dont want to play why bother?

Your right Rich alot of people have lost interest. If you were being payed say $300 per game would you want to risk injury or if your team was right in the running for a premiership risk injury again. It has the same arguments as state of origin for AFL players. They are professional footballers we are just a few blokes having a kick before a satdy night out on it. I still think interleague would be a goer but it would have to have been down on the priority list leading up to the start of this season.

League never had any intention of playing interleague even when the league was at the full length. The fact that we now dont have byes means the Long Weekend break remains football free and is invaluable to all clubs who want a rest. Interleague is dying and is old news Zak! A lot of country leagues have lost interest due to lack of player interest. If the players dont want to play why bother?

The only way to have a really successful inter-league competition, in my humble opinion, would be to make it an age limit of below age 25 or 26. Most of the younger brigade would be only too happy to represent their league and who knows, it may even lead them into a career path at a higher level of football.
Look at the great success of the U14 & u16'S inter-league games that were played at the Avoca ground last Sunday.
You can't blame the older brigade for not wanting to tax their bodies for the sake of representing their league. It is a known fact that the older you get, the longer it takes to get over niggling injuries.

On another topic, Avoca ruckman Alex Gordon-Cooke was given a two week suspended sentence at the tribunal tonight for a charge of unduly rough play so will be able to front up next game against Trentham. Trevor Field took the one week offered to him rather than take his chances at the tribunal. It was the first time that Trevor had been reported in over 400 games. The amazing thing is that at 37 Trevor is probably playing as well this season as he ever has in the past.
The Harcourt guy got a week for striking and a week for abusing the umpire. Adam Balzan was heading in just as the Avoca contingent was leaving. It will be interesting to hear how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back