Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Appeal! - AFL Tribunal > VCAT > Vic Supreme Court > High Court > UN > European Court of Justice > US Supreme Court > House of Lords >White House ...
if no success at this stage.. a panel of wise BigFooty posters - Gimp - get your wig ready!!!

Nah, just appeal to WADA/ASADA. We know they take their time on these matters

Appeal! - AFL Tribunal > VCAT > Vic Supreme Court > High Court > UN > European Court of Justice > US Supreme Court > House of Lords >White House ...
if no success at this stage.. a panel of wise BigFooty posters - Gimp - get your wig ready!!!
Your process is too time consuming.
Just ask this guy for some assistance. He will sort it out.
1554014767533.png

Sure was

uPXec08.gif
You know he’s thinking: somebody help, come on somebody! If I miss this Bucks’ll never let me hear the end of it... screw it, I’m snapping this thing!

You know he’s thinking: somebody help, come on somebody! If I miss this Bucks’ll never let me hear the end of it... screw it, I’m snapping this thing!
On a completely unrelated note, welcome to the board! Looking forward on your perspective on things.

How are you watching games?

On a completely unrelated note, welcome to the board! Looking forward on your perspective on things.

How are you watching games?
Thanks, glad to be here!

Depends, right now the free trial of watch afl. It’s a great package but I can’t really afford the $150 US for the whole season right now. The US channels FS1 and FS2 will occasionally broadcast a game or two from each round, I can access these legallyish. Then there’s the world of illegal streams, which I sometimes venture into. Often times I’m left to just watching the youtube highlights when afl puts then up. Last year for the Finals I bought the watch afl finals package and if Collingwood makes it this year (as they should) I will do it again.

And it’s because of Mason Cox that I’m even on this forum, I’ve followed his whole career.

Thanks, glad to be here!

Depends, right now the free trial of watch afl. It’s a great package but I can’t really afford the $150 US for the whole season right now. The US channels FS1 and FS2 will occasionally broadcast a game or two from each round, I can access these legallyish. Then there’s the world of illegal streams, which I sometimes venture into. Often times I’m left to just watching the youtube highlights when afl puts then up. Last year for the Finals I bought the watch afl finals package and if Collingwood makes it this year (as they should) I will do it again.

And it’s because of Mason Cox that I’m even on this forum, I’ve followed his whole career.

I can say with understandable pride that I discovered footy before Mason Cox did. The first game I ever saw was the 2010 Grand Final draw on Blu-ray disc. The replay game was my second game ever. Collingwood won the replay and became my club -- F-o-r-e-v-e-r.

I buy my WatchAFL through the Collingwood Football Club with the International Digital Insider membership. The current price is $155 AUD and at the current exchange rate that comes to $109.56 USD and that gets you WatchAFL for the whole year.

Without WatchAFL I don't think I would have become addicted to footy so quickly or thoroughly. Being able to watch every single game in the season was critical for me. You also get all the Fox Footy shows as well as every game in the comp, live or on replay, your call. As the season goes on I find that I need to keep an eye on certain other teams climbing up the ladder. During the whole season I watch several games a week. From 2019, for example, the Brisbane v North Melbourne and Brisbane v West Coast were both great games. Of course, Pies v Richmond was the best game so far. Watched it twice.

Anyway, borrowing from an old expression :

"Membership in the Collingwood Football Club is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that."

Greetings from Wisconsin.

Thanks, glad to be here!

Might not be something you’re interesting in but there’s an international membership for about 150aud which includes the watchafl app and a scarf plus you get to be a member. Sounds cheaper than the subscription. I’m living up in Toronto and it goes well.

Edit: Zzorse beat me to it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So any predictions for Cox in this West Coast match? He had a pretty pedestrian pair of goals in the Grand Final, reckon he improves off that? I’d like to see at the very least something similar to last week (dance and snap-goal not required)

I hope he continues to develop into this 1-3 goals/3-4 big marks a game player he’s been the last two weeks. Especially if he continues his almost patented ”tip-from-marking-contest-to-advantage-inside-forward-50” abilities.

Also, I looked at last year in afltables.com, which credited him with 90 1%ers on the year. Only Howe and Langdon had more. I don’t know if anyone cares about that, but I thought it was interesting. He does seem to hustle around the ground, so Im not really surprised.

(And thank you, I will consider the membership!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinary this season to date..

Agree... (sigh) had a number of chances to impact and made a meal of them. The mark in the goal square he should have given off, the kick he shanked, and a couple of marks that sailed through the hands. Very hot/cold game for him (and the pies as a whole)

It seemed the eagles figured out that if you play to spoil him he won’t hold on. And they actually have the bodies to disrupt him at equal height.

has played one decent game since he came to the club.
if he wasn't from the US of A do you think he would be a first 18?
Considering where he has got to from where he began I think he has been good.
But having said that there are some weaknesses he has to address.
I actually like the little things he does around the ground, it's his inability to clunk marks where he has got both hands to the ball that worry me.
Had a shit game today, I'm not giving up on him but his improvement seems to have halted.

Considering where he has got to from where he began I think he has been good.
But having said that there are some weaknesses he has to address.
I actually like the little things he does around the ground, it's his inability to clunk marks where he has got both hands to the ball that worry me.
Had a shit game today, I'm not giving up on him but his improvement seems to have halted.
the biggest plus for Cox is his kicking. he puts many born and bred supposedly Aussie rules players to shame.
Cox brings nothing to the table if he is not directly having a shot at goal.
Outside of kicking for goal he is lost at sea
i reckon he cost us a flag last year

has played one decent game since he came to the club.
if he wasn't from the US of A do you think he would be a first 18?
It’s not the country he comes from.

It’s his unique height.

If he was a foot smaller he’d never have played.

The height and his athleticism gives him a unique point of advantage. Even without being a Lockett ability mark he causes such trouble for defences so he plays. He pushes the ball to advantage.

Example no way Goldsack would trouble defenders that much.

Cox plays as to his height.

The USA thing is just for the media to create hype, a story, click bait etc etc.

He dropped a pretty much uncontested mark in their forward 50 in the last quarter last Saturday when Collingwood had all the momentum and were coming, we end up running the ball down to our forward 50 and kicked a goal, sealing the game. He's worth persisting because of how tall and mobile he is but he does so many bad things too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back