Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox is terribly underrated. A 211 cm man who has tremendous skill, footy nous and the capacity to perform on the biggest of stages. He was outstanding tonight. Was that his 100th goal tonight?
He could play for quite a few more years yet, his body isn't banged up like a ruckman that has been playing that position for 10 years.

Cox is terribly underrated. A 211 cm man who has tremendous skill, footy nous and the capacity to perform on the biggest of stages. He was outstanding tonight. Was that his 100th goal tonight?
Agree, he’s becoming a threat even when the ball hits the deck, he has amazing poise for a giant, he still has 3 years left IMO.

His ruck work this season has really blossomed. Still puts himself in some awkward positions in ruck contests, but he is really starting to hold his ground well against some big bodies like Sean Darcy. His stats also never show his impact - his little taps and aerial presence yesterday were so elite.

Dear Mason,

Please dominate in the preliminary final like you did four years ago and then follow it up in the grand final. We will ensure there are lots of Collingwood supporters at the SCG and MCG the following weeks, and BT is commentating. Do not lose your glasses, either. They are magic.

All the best and no pressure.

Kind regards,

KinderSmock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was excellent last night. Was involved in the game even though his stats may not have showed it. Competed well, and was unlucky to be applied a couple of time by teammates in marking contests deep forward. Got the ball moving through little taps etc and took his chances kicking a good goal.

Cox definitely loves the big stage and delivers more often than not.

Next week will be a big test, and he is the guy who has the potential to break it wide open.

His teammates seem to try to avoid him in the handball chains, but every time he gets the ball he does something bloody good with it....
He has a far better grasp of the moment than most of his teammates. That first mark was a classic example. He immediately wheeled and banged it in to an unprepared Freo defense and Jack did the rest. He has a remarkable disposal efficiency by foot for such a big man too. He rarely misses his target.

Always been a fan as I was Leon Davis his WHOLE career.

Mason Cox has evolved the last 2 years in particular.

When he first started I would call him a straight line player.

By that I mean there were no snaps around the body etc.

It had to be lead straight ..kick straight.

His always had underrated tap ons and often palms the ball In marking contests
He along with ginnivan just make me smile and laugh when they are on.

Cox will still have down games and hopefully not next week and with a bit of luck the granny also.

But if he does the haters need to stay away..

He has had a great season A good afl career and an amazing story.

I also feel like others he may play to 33 to 35 if he wants and will only get better as a ruckman .

It was just pure blind luck we got him, no one could’ve predicted the player he would become.
Not really. Hine targeted him the moment he watched him in that shambolic try out back in the states. He rang Eddie and was very excited. Eddie told Hine to get him here as quickly as possible. They saw his potential.

Still scratching my head about ToG last week. I kept looking at the interchange sign and his number there alot.

Not sure he did it all game but I did notice that when he was in the ruck, he didn't tap away, he tapped down. I wonder whether this was pre-arranged tap work. Need to look at the replay again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back