Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say growing Collingwood's presence in America is worth it for the financial return it provides and relevance it gives us outside Australia. A smattering of Americans? He featured on one of America's largest sports podcasts and has got more and more people tuning in each week. Even on the cheapest rookie contract and him to play no AFL games is worth it just because of the American connection which does a lot for the game.
If an Aussie was excelling in that Afghani sport where you drag a dead goat around, it'd get exposure as a novelty on Aussie telly. And each week more and more Aussies would tune in. The TV network would do well. Not sure how the goat dragging club would benefit.

If an Aussie was excelling in that Afghani sport where you drag a dead goat around, it'd get exposure as a novelty on Aussie telly. And each week more and more Aussies would tune in. The TV network would do well. Not sure how the goat dragging club would benefit.
Dead goats are heavy. KPF prospect?

I had no idea, it's the price you pay when you listen with the commentary turned down.
The commentary didn't even mention it - I was informed by another poster!

You missed absolutely no insights without 7s flog brigade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox (and Cameron) will benefit from a full preseason training as the number 1 ruck(s).

The 50/50 ruck split that Cox and Cameron were doing isn't ideal. Ideally you want want a 70/30 or 80/20 mix.

Cox and Cameron will be given an opportunity in the preseason to take the spot. Honestly I don't know who is ahead at this stage. Most fans I speak to will say Cameron, but Cox's ruck work was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see who gets the first crack at it.

McStay as a forward/chop-out ruckman looks like a lock to me, so it's up to Cox and Cameron to have a ripper preseason and put their hand up for rd1.

Cox (and Cameron) will benefit from a full preseason training as the number 1 ruck(s).

The 50/50 ruck split that Cox and Cameron were doing isn't ideal. Ideally you want want a 70/30 or 80/20 mix.

Cox and Cameron will be given an opportunity in the preseason to take the spot. Honestly I don't know who is ahead at this stage. Most fans I speak to will say Cameron, but Cox's ruck work was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see who gets the first crack at it.

McStay as a forward/chop-out ruckman looks like a lock to me, so it's up to Cox and Cameron to have a ripper preseason and put their hand up for rd1.
I suspect Mason might actually be ahead. His tap work is pretty damn good.

It's Cox for mine. Will be an interesting preseason. And that's without even looking at new list additions.

It’s hard to see Cox being much other than a back up for if Krueger and/or McStay get injured at this stage. He was good this year and definitely far exceeded what I thought he was capable of but the team will be too top heavy if they play all those players as well as Cameron as first ruck. Cameron as first Rick with an occasional rest up forward while Krueger relieves him is the best set up for next year I believe. McStay also showed in the elimination final he can play ruck well if needed but I’d rather they make the most of him as a marking target.

It’s hard to see Cox being much other than a back up for if Krueger and/or McStay get injured at this stage. He was good this year and definitely far exceeded what I thought he was capable of but the team will be too top heavy if they play all those players as well as Cameron as first ruck. Cameron as first Rick with an occasional rest up forward while Krueger relieves him is the best set up for next year I believe. McStay also showed in the elimination final he can play ruck well if needed but I’d rather they make the most of him as a marking target.
Respectfully going to disagree with you on Cameron as first ruck. Watching him a lot this year his limitations as a ruckman were apparent. I do think he's an adequate forward. For mine I prefer Cox to be first ruck then rest forward with maybe one of McStay or Cameron being developed into a tall defender (a lot of this depends on whether we get Billy Frampton though)

That being said we do need to develop a long-term ruck with Cox being 32 next year so that's where Frampton could come into consideration if Begg doesn't begin to take the next steps.

Respectfully going to disagree with you on Cameron as first ruck. Watching him a lot this year his limitations as a ruckman were apparent. I do think he's an adequate forward. For mine I prefer Cox to be first ruck then rest forward with maybe one of McStay or Cameron being developed into a tall defender (a lot of this depends on whether we get Billy Frampton though)

That being said we do need to develop a long-term ruck with Cox being 32 next year so that's where Frampton could come into consideration if Begg doesn't begin to take the next steps.
I’d prefer Cox first ruck and Cameron the fwd/back up ruck but given Cameron generally spent more time in the ruck then Cox I’m guessing there must be doubts around Cox’ ability to run out games in the ruck.

It’s partially that I don’t consider that position as important as some others do. Even just having a big body throwing their weight around like Krueger in the 2nd half against Sydney is often enough to break even in the middle.

Got the perfect gf for Mason, Lauren Jackson :cool:
:cool:
We just need to get those extra 10-15 games into him for the father son picks.

If you wanna know a missed opportunity, Mason Cox used to date Geva Mentor from the Pies netball team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back