Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

People roasting Cox, but poor boy Beau! Don’t say anything mean about his running and almost tackles! Surprise surprise
Take your shit take to the McCreery thread.

Gee a lot just targeting their gripe players here.

I would love to see Cox end up as a permanent forward in the goal square when he can't ruck anymore. He doesn't have to mark it, just out reach the opposition and tap it to small

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that we should look at an upgrade for Mason's AFL role, I'd keep him on the list as a backup/VFL ruck as he is very handy at that level.
Coxy is a smart man and will def be in the media post AFL career

I think if they said you're only a back up playing VFL he would either request a trade or retire

Last edited:
I think we should target Lobb and say goodbye to Mason at the end of the year. He has given the club good service, however his good games are growing further and further apart.
A 31 year old seeking a trade to his fourth club.
No thanks.

Collingwood was his 4th club at the age of 31. I thought you knew about Collingwood.
That’s about the only thing he has in common.

Lobb would cost too much for what he brings.

Nonsense. Cox has given us so much since the day he walked into our club. His body has taken a shocking battering. He looked done and dusted the other night when he staggered off. I said to my wife, "I have the feeling Coxy's had a gutful of the toll this game has taken on him." He wears those goggles because of an injury inflicted playing for us and they also cut his face up after he was knocked out.

He has won a premiership, Queens and should have also had a King's Day medal, tore apart a reigning premier in a preliminary final, taking a record equaling nine contested marks and played a huge role in winning us the 2023 flag.

Without him in the ruck in the last 8 minutes we don't win. He won 7 consecutive hit outs against the Big O and significantly, got his hands to the pill in that ball up which led to the Degoey goal. If Oscar thumps it their way, that play never happens.

He has played a crucial role this year and will be a crucial part of our premiership tilt later this year- one I feel will be his last. Just a gut feeling.

Show the man some respect, Tradedraft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back