Rumour Mass self report...

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you're only mucking around and we all have our own levels of personal bias, but I would actually struggle to believe that we would have 9 players on our list doing drugs, but if we did, I'd want to know who they are and make sure they are punished accordingly and can't have a negative influence on the rest of the group.
Stuff all this protecting your own players rubbish. I don't want negative influences around my club.

I'd be surprised if there was a single club in the AFL that didn't have at least double that.

you think that most clubs probably have 'at least a handful', but you'd struggle to believe that you have nine?
What's wrong with that? Most clubs, meaning some might have more and some might have less.
It's all guess work and until something comes out to say otherwise, that's my belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say this qualifies as a rumour. It's not very often (especially on here) that someone will post a rumour with a source. I could claim to be part of the inner sanctum of team x and in direct contact with person y (which I'm not), but it means diddly squat to any of the posters on here. if it starts being backed up with corroboration, fact or basis to back it up, it starts entering the realm of truth.
I don't get why people feel the need to defend/deny these rumours when they pop up. If you don't believe it, give the time you think it deserves and move on. If you have info that you think debunks the rumour, by all means pass it on and help put it to rest.

rumour
ˈruːmə/
noun
  1. 1.
    a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
    "they were investigating rumours of a massacre"
    synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle;
verb
  1. 1.
    be circulated as an unverified account.
    "it's rumoured that he lives on a houseboat"
Whats wrong with house boats?

I'm hearing 9 players from 1 VIC based club self reported last Tuesday....

Club has more challenges ahead than most..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one of the new womens clubs.

It's pretty clear when you think about it.

They were celebrating winning entry into the league.

They have plenty of challenges ahead.

It's on trend for women to be involved in AFL media scandals.

Probably. Doesn't make him right though.
I'm not saying that I'm right either. I just have trouble believing it's that high.

I have a hard time believing that half a list would ever test positive.

But self-reporting? Only takes a bunch of the young guys to have a party, have a bit too much fun, and self-report. I'd say easily over half a list would have taken drugs at some point - it's whether or not they are regular users, likely to be tested etc.

I have a hard time believing that half a list would ever test positive.

But self-reporting? Only takes a bunch of the young guys to have a party, have a bit too much fun, and self-report. I'd say easily over half a list would have taken drugs at some point - it's whether or not they are regular users, likely to be tested etc.
And it only takes one text message on a Monday morning to warn those young guys that the testers are up and about and cause a mass panic.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Mass self report...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back